• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

loooooong season

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please do not bring up Kovy's subject on coming back. Who needs a traitor. And this is not the same Kovy.
There are other younger Forwards to get into our squad. Hope Shero will come out from secrecy and makes some good trade. But this is only hope.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
shame is this team has a "scorer" on it.

anyone remember camalari? yeah i certainly don't! this guy should never have been brought onto this roster hes going to come back when we are out of a playoff spot. what good is that 5 million dollar contract? he will finish with close to 30 goals and people will think he had a good year if he "stayed healthy" problem is he never does!

yeah i would welcome kovy back without hesitation. to be honest i'm sure he knew paraise was leaving and broduer declining why would he want to stay? just so he can be on atlanta 2.0?

the guy was a work horse! you know any other forwards that played 25mins a night? put him on this roster right now and we are a playoff team.

if the last 3 games haven't proved to everyone that we should be sellers at the deadline i dont know what else will.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're on our way to be sellers, I just hope we get something worth our troubles...

Can't believe we never made any speculation(public/reality) to Edmonton... they have a surplus of what we need and we have a surplus of what they need. Sure the fans can see it and talk about it but not one source from the media to even entertain that thought for us.

I really miss me some NJ Devils playoff hockey... yanks, 49ers, Nets.... I need Devils to come through! lol

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Personally if I'm the oilers I would wait until the season is over. They are already a lock for a top 10 pick and with a good shot at the #1 pick. Might as well try to nab Matthews. Just not sure what they are going to do when these kids come up for Ufa in consecutive years.

Ship out what you can at the deadline and settle for a nice pick in the 10-13 range if your the Devils. Play the rest of the year with meattuea out there see what he has. Even call up q ball and see what he has if you can. Shame too that another great season for Cory is wasted.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cup been saying we should try to trade Cammalleri in the past. I am on board with that now. Teams will always look to add scoring for the playoffs. The guy can score. I think you can get a decent return for him.

Not sure anymore on Kovy. He will be 33 years old in April. I have not seen much of him and wonder if he slowed down a bit. He is 2nd on that team in scoring. All those 25 plus minute games in Russia and the NHL probably wore him down a bit. Would he help this team? Yes I think so. I just don't think he will ever be accepted back in the NHL.

Sucks they lost to the Caps. They played them well but just fell apart at the end.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be on board with trading Cammalleri but we have a ton of cap space, his cap hit doesn't bother me all that much. Freeing up his cap hit only helps if we plan on using that cap space. Until we need to free up some cap room I'm ok with it.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
3 more years at 5 million for an injury prone winger who will be 33 next year that is good for 20-25 a year? ouch that stings.

he has a full NTC he wont be moved but he isn't needed on this team. i hated the signing when he came here and hate it today even more. i wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play the rest of the year.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is trading for Cammalleri at 3 years 5 mil with his injury prone history.

We could be sellers, as there are many UFA's and RFA's on this team after this season. Still, the vast majority of them won't yield much return. I guess something is better than nothing, but is that little something really going to make a difference in the long run? Out of all of them, I definitely want Palmieri to stay. The others, not really a big deal to me.

We could be buyers, too. It really depends on how this week goes. If it goes well, I would go with the buyer option. It would give the team a chance at the playoffs which would help bring some enthusiasm to the fans and the players. We can safely say that if they squeeze in, they'll promptly be bounced by the Caps in the first round. With that said, I don't see any ill effects long term. We get an offensive rental, maybe even move a pending UFA, and see what happens. Worst case scenario, we don't make the playoffs or if we do, bow out quick, and then we are in no worse shape at the end of the year.

Either way, there will be lots of cap space and a lot of decisions to make in the offseason. But I still like where we will be.

Question for the masses: We are still on the hook for Clowe's 4.8 mil for the next two seasons no matter what, right? Hockeybuzz shows him there, so I'm assuming as such. But it's hard to keep up with the rules anymore.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is trading for Cammalleri at 3 years 5 mil with his injury prone history.

We could be sellers, as there are many UFA's and RFA's on this team after this season. Still, the vast majority of them won't yield much return. I guess something is better than nothing, but is that little something really going to make a difference in the long run? Out of all of them, I definitely want Palmieri to stay. The others, not really a big deal to me.

We could be buyers, too. It really depends on how this week goes. If it goes well, I would go with the buyer option. It would give the team a chance at the playoffs which would help bring some enthusiasm to the fans and the players. We can safely say that if they squeeze in, they'll promptly be bounced by the Caps in the first round. With that said, I don't see any ill effects long term. We get an offensive rental, maybe even move a pending UFA, and see what happens. Worst case scenario, we don't make the playoffs or if we do, bow out quick, and then we are in no worse shape at the end of the year.

Either way, there will be lots of cap space and a lot of decisions to make in the offseason. But I still like where we will be.

Question for the masses: We are still on the hook for Clowe's 4.8 mil for the next two seasons no matter what, right? Hockeybuzz shows him there, so I'm assuming as such. But it's hard to keep up with the rules anymore.

So the way I understand it for Clowe is that we can go over the cap by that amount. So yes his cap hit is there but not really. It won't impact us if we're up against the cap ceiling.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i don't believe clowe retired so its like a pronger type deal. the money is real and has to be paid but it doesn't count against the cap. if clowe retired which he wont because why give up that "free" money. then hes owed nothing.

elias coming off the books this summer is going to be really nice

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tonight is another big game... we already lost a big game vs the isles....

I am writing us off, I don't see the playoffs by seasons end TBH anymore... i'll keep rooting but so much needs to be tailored and fall in favor for us now...

lets beat them rags!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
a shutout would be sooooooooooooooooo nice. nothing better then shutting them out at home so their fans dont have anything to cheer about

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
wow! scoring goals make life easier who would've thought that?

rangers came out dominating play early. usually thats a recipe for lundqvist to win the game 2-1. they come out flying and outshoot them 17-5 in the second? that was nice change of pace. the powerplay somehow is looking like its the real deal.

blendsi with the sweet pass on the 3rd goal. he actually had two really good passes on that play. big sergei with the sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet breakaway goal. thats how you score! top shelf baby! hopefully the shootout guys notice that. i still dont think they make the playoffs but its always nice beating the rangers and takes the sting out of making the playoffs a little bit

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning is nice, beating the NYR is even better!!!! 5(4)-2!!!! what a delightful output... so does this mean we go the next 3-4 games tallying 4 goals only? lol :dhd:

Kali had that nice breakaway, surprise he pulled that one... definitely should get a crack at Penalty shots.

Blandisi showing more aggression or continue success... I like that he's playing above and beyond BUT cut that embellishment out! you're hurting your team more than the opponent. Stop that.

If we can get one more speed demon out there.... just watch out...

but we're not making playoffs... or are we Shero???

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Blandisi has playmaking abilities. You can see that with the setups he had last night. He has ability to hold on to puck and make the pass at the right time which is not easy to teach a player. But you are right. The embellishment crap has got to stop. It pisses me off.

2nd period, if not for Henrik, they could have had 5 goals.

First star for the game should have been Kalinin. Stempniak with the game winner, but that goal was mostly Blandisi. Kalinin played a very good game.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh, how many posts has Boucher hit the past month?? A little too accurate lol. Try to aim a few inches inside the posts please.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right you are about Blandisi's playmaking... he's setting up the passes and contributing big time without the scoring. That's a type of guy you want.

Boucher is ripping it, I like!!! hitting off the posts sucks but he's beating the goalie at least lol

Gelinas...Merrill....(god help me) Severson..... we have to be able to get something very good and promising for one of them.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how Gelinas is complaining out loud to the media that he's upset about not playing and has no idea what the problem is. You're an offensive defenseman with 6 points in 34 games, a -8 rating and you're an absolute liability defensively (I swear he's involved in a goal against or odd man rush against per game). Maybe that's why you're benched Eric.