• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like we chose the right Tennessee receiver.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
yyyyyyyyyyyep!

The guy has some horrible jitters at times and he needs to learn pocket presence in general. He should study Rodgers intently and observe how he slides in the pocket and buys time (even the he holds the ball too long sometimes). This isn't Florida State, and we don't need him to gain 80 yards on the ground every game.

FTR........our line didn't do too bad "run-blocking" either last year.

I think one of the best a gliding around in the pocket is Brees. He can avoid a rush, while never taking his eyes off the action down-field better than anyone imo.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the best a gliding around in the pocket is Brees. He can avoid a rush, while never taking his eyes off the action down-field better than anyone imo.

That comes from being in one system for many years.

Josey..Wales

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No NFL quarterback should be hitting the ground and missing players when there isnt a rush on him no matter how far you are into the season. Ponders horrible accuracy will kill a guy like Jennings who needs to have the ball around his small vicinity to catch the ball.

You do realize that Ponder had a higher completion percentage and less interceptions than Cutler last year, right? (62.1% to 58.8% and 12 to 13 respectively)

And that was throwing 50 more passes than Jay.

sammy2438

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness to Justin Hunter it is known here in Nashville that Jefferson is intense on his players and is just trying to push him. Lately they have been happy with Hunter and are making very similar comments as to those we are making about Patterson. Everyone this time of year is on their way to the Super Bowl - except maybe the Browns and Raiders who know better. Way too early to know if we took the better UT receiver.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that Ponder had a higher completion percentage and less interceptions than Cutler last year, right? (62.1% to 58.8% and 12 to 13 respectively)

I do know that but I also know Chicago's offensive scheme was much more downfield compared to the Vikings leading to lower % of completing the passes.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya Josey but we both know Ponder had a much better line, a top run game and he was making much shorter throws the Cutler. Man I hate stats.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care if he has 7,000 yards and 100 TDs. I wouldnt want that POS on my team.

OK. I don't get the POS comment. The guy has never once been in any kind of trouble nor bad in the locker room. All his teammates love him and he works his but off. Bad face expressions? Is that it?? Did the media tell you he is bad? Can you name one thing he ever did to make you think he is a POS?

Josey..Wales

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do know that but I also know Chicago's offensive scheme was much more downfield compared to the Vikings leading to lower % of completing the passes.

There's always a litany of excuses why Jay doesn't produce what the team expects him to produce.

The bottom line is, don't talk about how horrible the opposition's QB is (when he's had exactly 1 offseason and 1 full season as a starter), when you've got a 5-year player who hasn't completed over 58% of his passes in 3 years.

You know........glass houses, and all!

Josey..Wales

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya Josey but we both know Ponder had a much better line, a top run game and he was making much shorter throws the Cutler. Man I hate stats.
'

Ya Noon, but aren't the "great ones" supposed to be able to overcome all of that?

I'm not a "Ponder-lover", I'm a Ponder supporter simply because he's the QB of the team I love. I will love him when he gives me a reason to. Until that time, I'll remain cautiously optimistic (if not overly critical at times) of his play, because I know how much is riding on his immediate success. i.e., our window with Adrian.

My point to the "other" homer (ha) was that he shouldn't make ultimate judgements on a QB who's had limited time behind center, when he's continually makes excuses for, and giving a similarly performing guy a pass.........simply because he plays for HIS team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'

Ya Noon, but aren't the "great ones" supposed to be able to overcome all of that?

I'm not a "Ponder-lover", I'm a Ponder supporter simply because he's the QB of the team I love. I will love him when he gives me a reason to. Until that time, I'll remain cautiously optimistic (if not overly critical at times) of his play, because I know how much is riding on his immediate success. i.e., our window with Adrian.

My point to the "other" homer (ha) was that he shouldn't make ultimate judgements on a QB who's had limited time behind center, when he's continually makes excuses for, and giving a similarly performing guy a pass.........simply because he plays for HIS team.

Personally I like Ponder. I think he improves this year and MN's QB search is over. Well see.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like him also. Smart as hell. Masters degree at 21 while playing ball and academic awards up the wazoo. His first season he was thrown into the fire because McNuggets is a worthless puddle of soup, without any off season stuff other than a playbook to worth with. His first FULL year he had some struggles, but managed the game well enough to get in the playoffs, and what should have been a division crown (if not for a bad ref call).

I dont think he will light it up like Brady or some of them others, but he will be a very effective leader and will be good enough to get the job done. Joe Montana even with Jerry Rice to throw to never broke 4000 yards in a season and a couple of times didnt break 3000. People forget that...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(I don't think he will light it up like Brady or some of them others) Ya that is how I feel. He will be a good QB and smart, plenty enough to win with. I don't see him reaching elite status, but with a good team around him he can win it all.