• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like we chose the right Tennessee receiver.

Josey..Wales

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Hunter sat out OTA's and his positions coach was none too happy about it, apparently.

Here's what he had to say:

"Justin needs to get his (butt) going," Jefferson told The Tennessean last week. "Sometimes, we have to fight through things. That's how I was taught with Bill Parcells. If it ain't broke, then I'm not hurt. This is a very crucial time. This is where we see the growth in the kid, where he gets used to going through some adversity."

Yes, this is a bit of old news, but with all the glowing, early reports I'm reading on CP2 (Ponder's nickname for Cordarrelle), I went looking for some news on Hunter and this was all I found.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josey what up. Were having a Vcash contest among all NFCN ex bspn posters. Just so you know you can get second place. Who has the most money at seasons end wins. (it will be me)

Josey..Wales

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josey what up. Were having a Vcash contest among all NFCN ex bspn posters. Just so you know you can get second place. Who has the most money at seasons end wins. (it will be me)

Hey, Noon!

So.....what, exactly, is a "Vcash" contest and how do you play?

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with what I've heard about Patterson thus far. Glad he's excited about working with Jennings, and Jennings is willing to mentor the kid.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Noon!

So.....what, exactly, is a "Vcash" contest and how do you play?

Right below your name and post count, it lists how much vcash you have (you start with 500) you use it to bet. There is a betting page below with lines set for every sport. It's just for fun and bragging rights. I'm still new myself and have not bet yet, i don't follow BB enough to know so I'm waiting for football season to start. scroll down to check the betting page and fishing forum.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with what I've heard about Patterson thus far. Glad he's excited about working with Jennings, and Jennings is willing to mentor the kid.

Jennings isnt that much of a mentor haha and only was a good receiver because of Rodgers.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
LOL..

Welcome to SportsHoopla JW.
Glad to see more Vikes fans.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes passed up several chances to get WR Marcus Wheaton from Oregon State on draft day. They should have taken him with 1 of their chances...guy's a "work-a-holic" and the Steelers are soon to find out that their taking of Wheaton WILL panout as a great choice for Big Benner to fire at on Sundays.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
That's the same thing I've been hearing about Patterson's work ethic as well, I'm ok with the draft pick. Of course we won't know for sure until a couple seasons have passed. Plus I think they wanted to go bigger, and they gave up all their later round picks to move up..lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Josey..Wales

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL..

Welcome to SportsHoopla JW.
Glad to see more Vikes fans.

Thanks!

Like so many others, I'm an ESPN castoff! Was on there for 10+ years and got kicked to the curb like a cheap hooker.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but it doesnt matter who you guys picked if the QB cant get the ball to them and so far it sounds like Ponders has not improved and is looking very sluggish in Training Camp.

Josey..Wales

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but it doesnt matter who you guys picked if the QB cant get the ball to them and so far it sounds like Ponders has not improved and is looking very sluggish in Training Camp.

We all know that the first 3 days of camp determine the season a player will have! <rolls eyes>

When he looks like hell 3 weeks into the season, then I'll start worry. Right now, it will take time to build cohesion with a new #1 target and a guy who could possibly be vying for the #1 spot by the end of the season.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ponder's a slow starter. I don't like it, but that's how it is. With some more offensive threats to keep defenses honest, things should be easier for Ponder, especially if our O-line will finally gel.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Definitely not going to lose sleep over Ponders first couple days in camp. But I actually heard he did well the first 2 days. I also heard Cassel was having some bad days though.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Ponder's a slow starter. I don't like it, but that's how it is. With some more offensive threats to keep defenses honest, things should be easier for Ponder, especially if our O-line will finally gel.

I thought the o-line did very well last season in pass blocking. Ponder needs to trust them and step up in the pocket, like he did toward the end of the season. He put himself in a bad spot by leaving the pocket too early many times last season.

Josey..Wales

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the o-line did very well last season in pass blocking. Ponder needs to trust them and step up in the pocket, like he did toward the end of the season. He put himself in a bad spot by leaving the pocket too early many times last season.

yyyyyyyyyyyep!

The guy has some horrible jitters at times and he needs to learn pocket presence in general. He should study Rodgers intently and observe how he slides in the pocket and buys time (even the he holds the ball too long sometimes). This isn't Florida State, and we don't need him to gain 80 yards on the ground every game.

FTR........our line didn't do too bad "run-blocking" either last year.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know that the first 3 days of camp determine the season a player will have! <rolls eyes>

When he looks like hell 3 weeks into the season, then I'll start worry. Right now, it will take time to build cohesion with a new #1 target and a guy who could possibly be vying for the #1 spot by the end of the season.

No NFL quarterback should be hitting the ground and missing players when there isnt a rush on him no matter how far you are into the season. Ponders horrible accuracy will kill a guy like Jennings who needs to have the ball around his small vicinity to catch the ball.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I meant more the o-line and Ponder will form a unit, but yes, I agree the o-line wasn't the reason Ponder had an up-and-down year last year.