• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL @ Bleacher Report

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville over Washington??? :L:wtf2:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan lost a fuckload of starters, Okie St. ... maybe and then Louisville. Fuck all that. And where is Pen St. on there or did I miss that. BS list.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Bleacher Report then... didn't read. BR is a clickbait site that doesn't pay it's writers and overloads garbage clickbaitable topics just to sucker people in. The website has 0 substance and is not a legitimate news source. You can't take anything that comes out of their seriously.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Michigan is still somehow getting their hype.

Louisville and OK State? Not sure how Bleacher Report see's the Cardinals winning the playoff or even getting into the playoff when they also have two other ACC teams on that list in Clemson and FSU who are both going to be leaps and bounds better then Louisville.

Also chuckled a bit when I saw LSU. Was that for nostalgia reasons?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Bleacher Report then... didn't read. BR is a clickbait site that doesn't pay it's writers and overloads garbage clickbaitable topics just to sucker people in. The website has 0 substance and is not a legitimate news source. You can't take anything that comes out of their seriously.
They had LSU on that list if it makes any difference.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had LSU on that list if it makes any difference.
None to be honest. I think LSU cemented itself as a second tier program thanks to Alleva's failures as an AD. All he does is make the emotional feel good hires, he can't step up and make the home run hire. He is a coward. Love Ed O, wish him the best, but I will believe in an LSU contender when I see an offense worth a damn. Hope Canada will do a good job and by no disrespect to him, after the past 5-10 years I am skeptical of anything and everything LSU offense related.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None to be honest. I think LSU cemented itself as a second tier program thanks to Alleva's failures as an AD. All he does is make the emotional feel good hires, he can't step up and make the home run hire. He is a coward. Love Ed O, wish him the best, but I will believe in an LSU contender when I see an offense worth a damn. Hope Canada will do a good job and by no disrespect to him, after the past 5-10 years I am skeptical of anything and everything LSU offense related.
TBH I was a bit surprised when LSU didn't go hard after Tom Herman. I thought for sure they'd make a big time play for him.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH I was a bit surprised when LSU didn't go hard after Tom Herman. I thought for sure they'd make a big time play for him.
My understanding they left the table one day, had a gentleman's agreement and shook hands. LSU was ready to send over the paperwork and Herman's camp was 'reconsidering'. They wanted a bidding war and LSU said you either want to be at LSU or you don't. LSU replied by saying, screw you and pulled the offer. Just what I heard and while I use to work in LSU media, I can honestly say this is from no inside sources. Just what I heard happened so who knows if it was real or not.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 20 years there hasn't been a national champion that didn't have 2 top 10 recruiting classes in the 4 years before winning except for Oklahoma 2000.

Following that trend here are your candidates:

4 top ten classes: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, LSU
3 top ten classes: Auburn, Georgia, USC, Texas A&M
2 top ten classes: Tennessee, Michigan, Clemson

I think you have to throw out Tenn and Texas A&M as they will be down.
Auburn is a dark horse only.
Don't see Clemson repeating without Watson.
Georgia is Georgia.

That leaves serious candidates of:

Alabama
Ohio State
FSU
LSU - If they find a QB
USC
Michigan - Although they might be in re-loading mode.

I wouldn't be surprised if the playoff is Bama, Ohio State, USC & FSU.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next week on BR: The top 10 reasons the Cleveland Browns will win Super Bowl LII.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next week on BR: The top 10 reasons the Cleveland Browns will win Super Bowl LII.

1. The AFC West was Dissolved
2. The AFC North, minus the Browns were Dissolved
3. The AFC East was Dissolved
4. The AFC South was Dissolved
5. The NFC West was Dissolved
6. The NFC North was Dissolved
7. The NFC East was Dissolved
8. The NFC South was Dissolved
9. The Browns, as the Only Vote, Blocks Merger with CFL
10. The Browns, as the Only Vote, Does not Allow CFB Schools to compete in the NFL

Super Bowl Champs!!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 20 years there hasn't been a national champion that didn't have 2 top 10 recruiting classes in the 4 years before winning except for Oklahoma 2000.

Georgia is Georgia.

Alabama
Ohio State
FSU
LSU - If they find a QB
USC

With the exodus of talent from LSU, and the fact that I just don't think Orgeron is a championship-caliber HC (I mean, really, how has it taken this long for him to regain a major HC spot??), I would take LSU off that list.

michigan has a better chance of going 9-3 this year than making the playoff, IMO. They have plenty of talent, but very little experience. They're losing nearly the whole OL along with most of their offensive playmakers, and with a QB like Speight at the helm, that's just not a recipe for a title run.

I think your Final 4 looks pretty solid, but we always think that before the season starts. For all we know, someone like Oklahoma State or Penn State could find themselves in, and it wouldn't be the biggest shock.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Georgia is Georgia.

Alabama
Ohio State
FSU
LSU - If they find a QB
USC

I thought it was just one too 10 class.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Michigan is still somehow getting their hype.

Louisville and OK State? Not sure how Bleacher Report see's the Cardinals winning the playoff or even getting into the playoff when they also have two other ACC teams on that list in Clemson and FSU who are both going to be leaps and bounds better then Louisville.

Also chuckled a bit when I saw LSU. Was that for nostalgia reasons?
Well, at this point it boils down to recruiting and coaching. Michigan has one of the best collective coaching staffs in the country and has pulled in two top 6 classes in a row. Not hard to imagine we'll probably be pretty good year in and year out no matter how many "starters" we lose.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at this point it boils down to recruiting and coaching. Michigan has one of the best collective coaching staffs in the country and has pulled in two top 6 classes in a row. Not hard to imagine we'll probably be pretty good year in and year out no matter how many "starters" we lose.

It depends more on where you lose those starters. Losing starters at positions like WR and RB can usually be filled without hiccup if you're not replacing a bunch of your line. On the other hand, if you're losing 3 linemen then having your star running back doesn't mean much.