• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL @ Bleacher Report

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying into Michigan, Louisville, or Ok st. at this point. I don't think any of the 3 really stand a chance to win the national championship. In the case of Michigan and Louisville, I don't think they stand much of a chance of even making the 4 team playoff. I hope I'm wrong about Michigan though! I just see don't see them coming up big till 2018.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You go to Bleacher Report for sports information? Do you go to theOnion for your news as well?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends more on where you lose those starters. Losing starters at positions like WR and RB can usually be filled without hiccup if you're not replacing a bunch of your line. On the other hand, if you're losing 3 linemen then having your star running back doesn't mean much.
It's definitely not good how many starters we lost. The question being, how quickly can they recover? Teams are showing more and more in today's CFB that resetting rosters is possible with great success. OSU lost just as much talent from 2015-2016 and ended up in the CFB playoff.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was just one too 10 class.
Clay Travis went through it and the magic number is 2. With the exception of the 2000 Sooners.

Once you go past 20 years I think it becomes pointless because so much has changed.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact, no team that played Alabama in the first round of the playoffs, made the playoffs the following year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clay Travis went through it and the magic number is 2. With the exception of the 2000 Sooners.

Once you go past 20 years I think it becomes pointless because so much has changed.

I feel like Oklahoma has a chance this year with our entire offensive line returning and Mayfield even though we haven't done that. I'm a big believer in recruiting and have said for a while that we won't win another title until we get back to recruiting top 10 classes. This year was a good start with a top 7 class and we've brought some difference makers in. Most importantly, they've finally decided that they need to get back to being dominant on the line to do so. The drop off in recruiting the last two years has been very evident with the games against Ohio state and Clemson. Fortunately, a lot of those players have moved on and been replaced by better ones imo.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville being even considered a contender is laughable. LSU plastered them, their line can't hold up vs a physical defense. This means their is less than 0% chance they would beat Bama. I say Bama because to win it all you have to play 2 of the 3 other teams in the playoff, and likely would face off eventually.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Oklahoma has a chance this year with our entire offensive line returning and Mayfield even though we haven't done that. I'm a big believer in recruiting and have said for a while that we won't win another title until we get back to recruiting top 10 classes. This year was a good start with a top 7 class and we've brought some difference makers in. Most importantly, they've finally decided that they need to get back to being dominant on the line to do so. The drop off in recruiting the last two years has been very evident with the games against Ohio state and Clemson. Fortunately, a lot of those players have moved on and been replaced by better ones imo.
For whatever reason it just seems like when Oklahoma should be great on paper, it rarely turns out that way. It's like they cause havoc when there is no hype. Maybe this claim is baseless, but that is just how it seems. I will say on paper this year, OU should win the Big 12 and be in the playoffs.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason it just seems like when Oklahoma should be great on paper, it rarely turns out that way. It's like they cause havoc when there is no hype. Maybe this claim is baseless, but that is just how it seems. I will say on paper this year, OU should win the Big 12 and be in the playoffs.

Sometimes it's because they get overrated. 2008 was the last time they were hyped and did real damage. Feels like this team has a similar chance, but well see. It's pretty much gonna live and die with Mayfield and the lines.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be more bullish on OU if they had running backs returning. You need someone to really break out at that position so you don't become one demential. If Mayfield stays healthy you will be in the hunt. If he goes down it will be difficult.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be more bullish on OU if they had running backs returning. You need someone to really break out at that position so you don't become one demential. If Mayfield stays healthy you will be in the hunt. If he goes down it will be difficult.

I'm not really worried about that position. We've recruited extremely well at that position and with our entire offensive line returning I'm confident that won't be an issue. I am however worried about ILB.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now, the Onion has more journalistic integrity then CNN
That's like saying you have more moral integrity than Art Briles. We aren't setting a high bar here.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually don't mind Bleacher Report, but really omitting Washington? Come on now.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if the playoff is Bama, Ohio State, USC & FSU.
I wouldn't be surprised either. Seems the four CFP teams are determined on NSD the previous four years.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 20 years there hasn't been a national champion that didn't have 2 top 10 recruiting classes in the 4 years before winning except for Oklahoma 2000.

Following that trend here are your candidates:

4 top ten classes: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, LSU
3 top ten classes: Auburn, Georgia, USC, Texas A&M
2 top ten classes: Tennessee, Michigan, Clemson

I think you have to throw out Tenn and Texas A&M as they will be down.
Auburn is a dark horse only.
Don't see Clemson repeating without Watson.
Georgia is Georgia.

That leaves serious candidates of:

Alabama
Ohio State
FSU
LSU - If they find a QB
USC
Michigan - Although they might be in re-loading mode.

I wouldn't be surprised if the playoff is Bama, Ohio State, USC & FSU.