• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Load Playoffs.... Launch Game 1

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
minshew? who couldnt win a game with a loaded eagles roster?

if we let geno go, we are taking a QB at 5, we will pretty much have to.
Well, wouldn’t say we have to, just depends if a prospect is there you like big time… We do have 4 picks in the top 50 roughly

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it safe to say that whoever is left from Levis, Stroud, Young, Carter and Anderson we should take at #5?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it safe to say that whoever is left from Levis, Stroud, Young, Carter and Anderson we should take at #5?
I hate the idea of taking levis at 5, but I would not rule it out.

it really depends on what the bears do and if they trade down with a team other than the colts. if the bears stay put OR trade with the colts, we could see levis/stroud sitting there.

if the bears trade down with a team other than the colts, its almost guaranteed carter/anderson are available but none of the top QBs are.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the Colts trade up it will definitley be for a QB and I am 95% sure that the Texans are going to take a QB so that already puts us at a deficit if we wanted to take a QB with our 1st pick.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also not really what everybody wants to hear but maybe we would have won that game with RW because he has been a 49er killer. That franchise is really enjoying this post RW era in Seattle beating us 3x this year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the Colts trade up it will definitley be for a QB and I am 95% sure that the Texans are going to take a QB so that already puts us at a deficit if we wanted to take a QB with our 1st pick.
Bears and Cards are going best non QB. Colts and Bears switching picks doesn’t change the top 4 pick, still will be 2 QBs and 2 non QBs ( likely Carter and Anderson) . So one of the top 3 QBs will be there for Seahawk.

• Bullseye
Reactions: MrS

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also not really what everybody wants to hear but maybe we would have won that game with RW because he has been a 49er killer. That franchise is really enjoying this post RW era in Seattle beating us 3x this year.
Not so sure i'd agree with that... SF is an entirely different animal this year vs last year... Last year, we beat the 49ers by one score in each game... Difference is our defense created 5 TO's and had 6 sacks in both of those games...

This year, in all 3 games, our defense had a total of 3 sacks and 0 TO's... I don't think RW would've won any of these games either this season...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
minshew? who couldnt win a game with a loaded eagles roster?

if we let geno go, we are taking a QB at 5, we will pretty much have to.
There isn't a QB worth taking at 5 unless Stroud falls.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what’s the reason in your opinion on all the busted coverages ? So many times 49rs receivers didn’t have a defender within 15 yards of them, it’s inexcusable… lack of discipline in zone coverage ? You have 5 seconds to cover, sometimes less, I don’t get how receivers get ignored…
Seattle's lack of pressure on the QB allows their WR's to get open. Our CB's are good but when Purdy gets a shit load of time in a clean pocket eventually SF's WR's are going to get open. Our defensive scheme sucks.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side RW barley beat the Rams and Geno was 2-0. Hopefully Seattle drafts 2 studs with their first 2 picks that can pressure the QB and maybe things will be different next season.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears and Cards are going best non QB. Colts and Bears switching picks doesn’t change the top 4 pick, still will be 2 QBs and 2 non QBs ( likely Carter and Anderson) . So one of the top 3 QBs will be there for Seahawk.
yep, unless the bears decide to trade down past the colts there will be one of the top 3 QBs there when we pick.

or anderson/carter will be there.

I think we are actually in a good spot regardless of what happens. hell, the texans might swap with the bears just to ensure the colts dont pick before they do.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, unless the bears decide to trade down past the colts there will be one of the top 3 QBs there when we pick.

or anderson/carter will be there.

I think we are actually in a good spot regardless of what happens. hell, the texans might swap with the bears just to ensure the colts dont pick before they do.
That would be stupid on the Texans part. They're getting one of two top QBs on the board but this is the Texans franchise so I guess I wouldn't put it past them to do something dumb.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES MINSHEW he is cheap and is a place holder WTF you all are fooking high if you think I think he is a stud. HE IS CHEAP lol and a place holder.

CMC 4.7 YPC behind a better oline than Seattle has and Walker 4.6 YPC I said Running back he is "comparable" to CMC and the numbers show they are comparable. Walker has only 35 targets as a receiver to CMC 65 HUGE difference but in total yards they are close to the same. Walker 1215 total and CMC ( who is not as good as he use to be ) has 1210 total yards it's just the 49ers have a much more competent scheme, Lockett/DK are = to Aiyuk and Deebo and i would say better. I never brought up TE because we all know the 49ers have one of the best if not THE best TE in the NFL. Geno would play better behind the 49ers Oline than he does behind our Oline but Geno would have turnovers still. What makes the 49ers great is their Defense, the offensive scheme and play calling and the ability to protect the ball.

Like I said with the talent on the offense our team should be much better on offense than they are right now( minus QB because Geno is just Geno ) Purdy wouldn't do any better than Geno on this team and if you think he would then you are smoking crack. Brock Purdy's Numbers are barely and i mean BARELY better than Jimmy's. They Team has played butter under Purdy as they all took a step up and needed to NOT because Purdy has played better. I mean COME ON! Purdy is averaging 150 yards passing a game and thrown the same amount of INT's as Jimmy in half the attempts.
top is Jimmy bottom is Purdy ... VERY close. Geno's Numbers are slightly below both these guys but in the 49ers offense i think he raises his numbers to be on par with these guys.

Some times I think to many of you are just complete and utter morons and like to twist things around to feed your own bloated ego's lol

NOW Back to Gardner Minshew
He would be a perfect CHEAP QB that would be capable of holding things down tell we have a QB ready to play. Would you rather Have a 30 million a year Geno smith than a 1 million a year OR LESS Minshew while you groom the true starter?

Last edited:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Walker has a bright future though, you almost forget he’s just a rookie…

Wasn't really bashing Walker as he ran the ball as well as CMC did this season. Just the difference is CMC brings being an elite receiving threat to the table and that's what sets him apart from other RBs and what makes him special.

And RB is a position that you don't really see a lot of growth from rookie year and beyond. Not to say you won't see improvement but it's pretty much a position that you either have a feel for doing it or you don't and you don't see the jumps in growth like you do for a lot of positions in the league.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't think anyone who really wants to be taken seriously truly thinks Walker is as good as CMC right now, but of course the big knock on McCaffrey is his durability. I am stunned he hasn't yet missed games as a Niner, but you have to think it's coming.

Yeah, it's the trio of CMC-Kittle-Deebo that makes it so tough when they are all out there. Nothing too special about Aiyuk IMO, but he's a good 4th option for sure. Hawks have some serious talent at the skill positions though, while depth at WR after the top 2 guys is probably something they need to look at in the offseason.

Won't call Aiyuk a top WR or anything but he has been underrated because Jimmy G has been the QB and since Jimmy pretty much thrives throwing short to mid-range passes down the middle where Deebo and Kittle mainly are and not throws outside the numbers where Aiyuk typically is.

Aiyuk reminds me sorta like Tyler Lockett in the fact they won't make any lists of the best WRs but they are quietly productive and fans know how much they contribute.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a nice breakdown that show’s how effin terrible our defense was at times yesterday, I mean good LARD we have work to do…

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't call Aiyuk a top WR or anything but he has been underrated because Jimmy G has been the QB and since Jimmy pretty much thrives throwing short to mid-range passes down the middle where Deebo and Kittle mainly are and not throws outside the numbers where Aiyuk typically is.

Aiyuk reminds me sorta like Tyler Lockett in the fact they won't make any lists of the best WRs but they are quietly productive and fans know how much they contribute.

The sad truth is Tyler Lockett is criminally under rated. His combine ranking for the last 5 years he is #9 in the NFL in yards, 5th in TD's, 9th in receptions all while being 14th in targets with 1 turnover/lost fumble total. The fact you think Aiyuk is close to Lockett proves how completely ignored Lockett is. DK is a monster but Lockett is the better WR. His numbers would have been better this year but it seems people forgot he broke his hand and had surgery missing games and being slowed down in them when returning.

Every time you see a TD pass in highlights of Hawks game in the past ( Not just this playoff game )who is it catching the pass? it seems like it's Lockett 80% of the time right? Even Baldwins last two seasons here Lockett was the better WR , it's just Baldwin got all the throws.

DK had his worst season ever for Yards per catch average and TD's yet people talk about him like he was just a monster performer, flat out ignoring Lockett.

Lockett is a beast always making the clutch catch also.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we bring Geno back on a multi-year deal or sign a clear starting level QB in free agency, there is just no way we will turn around and also use that top pick on a QB. That would be a criminally bad waste of resources when we have an opportunity to add a building block type player to one of the weakest units on the roster. However, I do pray to all that is holy that 3 QBs get taken ahead of us because that means we are guaranteed a shot at either Jalen Carter or Will Anderson at 1.5.

Russell definitely dominated the 49ers in his 10 years here, but this season even if you assume he played at the level we have seen from him as a Hawk and not what he did this year in Denver, that 49ers team is just not the one we had been beating like a drum for 10 years. They are rolling along right now with the #1 offense and defense in the league. Just a far better team than the Hawks right now, unfortunately.