• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Load Playoffs.... Launch Game 1

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since we fell to the #5 pick god only knows who will still be there at that pick. i still think that we should look at a QB that would compliment the rest of this youg offense. Geno basically went the 2nd half of this game without scoring. I think he is a great story I am happy for him but lets be real he isn't winning us a super bowl. If we are content being a competitive team possibly making the playoffs and possibly winning 1 game at most is the ceiling with Geno. We can't just ignore drafting a QB if one is there at #5.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since we fell to the #5 pick god only knows who will still be there at that pick. i still think that we should look at a QB that would compliment the rest of this youg offense. Geno basically went the 2nd half of this game without scoring. I think he is a great story I am happy for him but lets be real he isn't winning us a super bowl. If we are content being a competitive team possibly making the playoffs and possibly winning 1 game at most is the ceiling with Geno. We can't just ignore drafting a QB if one is there at #5.
Derek Carr is going to be available.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still proud of my team though. Never forget people thought we would in 2-3 games this season

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know i did....

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we wouldn't have a top 3 offense. Geno is a nice story but not dynamic. Russ on the decline would not have gotten us a top 3 offense and there weren't any choices in FA and last years crop of QBs no one was high on. Our offense wasn't the problem but the scheme change on defense was.

So Brock Purdy is better than Geno? I ask because the 49ers were a top 3 offense since he became the starter and Seattle has just as good WR and RB. They just dont have a QB or a OC. Thats what i was hinting at.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Geno is just a .500 QB that's his ceiling.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not watch next year If Cody Barton is running in circles in middle of field trying to catch butterflies...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks defense gave up 505 YARDS!!!!

FIRE HURTT!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good QBs are expensive.
carr == geno

they are really similar players and I think at this point I have seen enough of both of them.

I hope this loss stings for the young guys and provides them a source of motivation going forward.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't view Carr as that much of an upgrade over Geno... Not for the amount of money he will demand... He could hit 40 million +
I don't either, certainly don't think either are worth 30 million a year period.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we tag and trade Geno? would a team be willing to give something up to get him? can we hoodwink the jets like they did us with adams?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we tag and trade Geno? would a team be willing to give something up to get him? can we hoodwink the jets like they did us with adams?
The tag means Geno gets 30 million which kills any trade value right there.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just way too many weapons on that SF offense to hold down for 4 quarters. They gave it a good go for as long as they could, but no question SF just really is that much better right now. A few thoughts to wrap it all up for the season:
  • I'm still good if Geno comes back as the starter. He played well enough this year. The D didn't. Get just about any QB in desperate type situations where the defense is dictating everything on them, and mistakes are going to come.
  • Today's maddening ineligible receiver down field penalties aside, I think we are just fine going forward on offense. A slight exception there is the team probably needs a center and could use an upgrade at G. But that's 2 of 11; no issues with the other 9 spots.
  • With the most experienced guy (Barton) a UFA and the most talented (Brooks) with a late season ACL injury, LB just might be the greatest position of need this off-season. I don't know if that means you take one at 1.5, but there definitely needs to be some work done there whether it's free agency or draft or both. I'm hoping they find a true MLB and push Brooks back outside where I think he played better last year vs inside this year.
  • I didn't see all games this year in their entirety, but today was the only one where I felt DK was used properly and involved in the offense the way he should be in accord with his level of ability. He hit on a home run ball, got some looks over the middle, had a RZ score, ran a dude over, and moved the chains. This shouldn't just be happening 1 game out of 18. They paid him the $, and they should feed him the ball.
  • Is TL starting to slow down a bit? I know he's banged up, but I am wondering if he's turning into more of a possession receiver as he now gets into his 30s (will play most of the '23 season at 31). And if so then he can absolutely be very effective that way, but it seems like maybe he's losing some of that downfield juice.
  • All in all, respectable showing today minus maybe the 4th quarter. For that matter, respectable season though getting swept by the NFCS is still tough to get over. Better season than was reasonably expected, and us having the 1.5 is the earliest a playoff team has drafted since 2002. Opportunities ahead.
Should be a fun offseason.