• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Load Playoffs.... Launch Game 1

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to make and use him like they use Deebo
I don't know too much about about Dareke Young, but there are not many Deebo Samuels out there. I would take the under that Young will end up being that, but at this point just about anything we get from him would be better than Eskridge and didn't cost us a 2nd round pick to get it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tag means Geno gets 30 million which kills any trade value right there.
How so? The Seahawks tagged Frank Clark in 2019 and traded him to KC for a nice bounty. I don't know how much trade value Geno would have either way, but that's not really tied to whether he's tagged.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know too much about about Dareke Young, but there are not many Deebo Samuels out there. I would take the under that Young will end up being that, but at this point just about anything we get from him would be better than Eskridge and didn't cost us a 2nd round pick to get it.
Young is a talented young guy that was raw. He didn't have many catches in college and is as raw as they come but has good speed ( 4.4 ) and a 79 inch wingspan to go with his 6 foot 3 224 pound frame. He only had 25 rec for 500 something yards and 8 TD his last year but for a very weak division II program. He was also used in the rushing game and had 49 carries for 335 rushing yards for a 6.8 yards per carry average and 4 TD.

He was a late bloomer coming out of high school and went to college at 6 foot 1 179 pounds and ran a 4.97 40. He just needs to develop and could become a poor mans deebo.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? The Seahawks tagged Frank Clark in 2019 and traded him to KC for a nice bounty. I don't know how much trade value Geno would have either way, but that's not really tied to whether he's tagged.
Franchise tag been around for some time and rarely does it results with the player getting traded, the salary makes it difficult and the player has to be deemed special And Geno isn’t that.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franchise tag been around for some time and rarely does it results with the player getting traded, the salary makes it difficult and the player has to be deemed special And Geno isn’t that.
Im spitballing here

He might not be special, but he is a QB, maybe theres a possibility a team gives something up for the rights to sign him to a 3-4 year deal.

Tennessee, Atlanta, washington, the jets?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im spitballing here

He might not be special, but he is a QB, maybe theres a possibility a team gives something up for the rights to sign him to a 3-4 year deal.

Tennessee, Atlanta, washington, the jets?
He’s 33 in October, I don’t see a team wanting to extend him while he has the tag as a base for salary and leverage.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Geno isn't special. That's why he has limited trade value (in addition to the number of similar players available as free agents), not anything to do with a tag. The salary that comes with the tag is moot after they get a new deal with their new team, a la Frank Clark.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Geno isn't special. That's why he has limited trade value (in addition to the number of similar players available as free agents), not anything to do with a tag. The salary that comes with the tag is moot after they get a new deal with their new team, a la Frank Clark.
The salary the tag gives is leverage for the player. Think the Chiefs regret giving Clark that contract.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The salary the tag gives is leverage for the player. Think the Chiefs regret giving Clark that contract.
Ok, but that's a totally different statement than Geno's trade value is diminished by the tag's salary, which is what you said. Whether KC regrets giving him the contract is irrelevant. That's what teams do after they trade for tagged players. In general, teams regret trades quite frequently because they often don't work out. Got nothing to do with what the salary would have been under the tag.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but that's a totally different statement than Geno's trade value is diminished by the tag's salary, which is what you said. Whether KC regrets giving him the contract is irrelevant. That's what teams do after they trade for tagged players. In general, teams regret trades quite frequently because they often don't work out. Got nothing to do with what the salary would have been under the tag.
I think making 30 million ( franchise tag salary) makes Geno less attractive for teams to trade for, you feel differently ....will fine, we see this differently.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the colts will make a big offer for the #1 pick.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno isn't worth 30 million, Go out and get Gardner Minshew as a starter for a season, maybe two. This team is BAD and making the playoffs to just get routed in the wildcard round is bullshit. This loss today helped no one, Need the Bucs to win tomorrow. Hawks were like what? 2 losses away from having 4 picks in the top 40?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno isn't worth 30 million, Go out and get Gardner Minshew as a starter for a season, maybe two. This team is BAD and making the playoffs to just get routed in the wildcard round is bullshit. This loss today helped no one, Need the Bucs to win tomorrow. Hawks were like what? 2 losses away from having 4 picks in the top 40?
Team has lots of holes to fill yet, think it's going to take more than this draft to finish the rebuild. Need a QB, nose tackle, couple of inside LBs,center, at least one guard, DE that fits a 3-4, depth every where. Really starting to wonder why going to a 3-4 was the decision, means a lot of personal changes.
Your right about Geno, he's not worth 30 million, your wrong about Minshew he's just a back up. Need to use this draft to fill needs and if this draft can supply a QB that can be a starting QB for years, than that needs to be done, should still be able to fill a lot of the holes on the list this draft and if needed, finish the job in 2024.
As for your lament about making the playoffs and not losing more games.....well if the sport devolves down to teams trying to lose then this would not be a sport I could still be interested in for long. Luckily coaches and players know losing means getting fired so don't think it happens as often as fans think and it's poor sportsmanship which sort of takes the fun out of sports.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So Brock Purdy is better than Geno? I ask because the 49ers were a top 3 offense since he became the starter and Seattle has just as good WR and RB. They just dont have a QB or a OC. Thats what i was hinting at.

CMC is better than Walker overall and the difference comes from receiving. Running the ball they are roughly the same but CMC is just leagues better when it comes to receiving.

Purdy has been an upgrade over Jimmy G but people are sleeping on CMC's role in improving their offense as well with his ability to run and catch it forcing defenses into a tougher bind.

Really the difference between Seattle and the 9ers offenses is when it comes passing you have to worry about Kittle, CMC, Deebo, and Aiyuk since all of them can burn you whereas with Seattle you're mainly just worried about Metcalf and Lockett and that's it. The next closest guy to Metcalf and Lockett in terms of yards is Fant and the 9ers 5th option on offense almost had as many yards as Fant did this season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CMC is better than Walker overall and the difference comes from receiving. Running the ball they are roughly the same but CMC is just leagues better when it comes to receiving.
I don't think anyone who really wants to be taken seriously truly thinks Walker is as good as CMC right now, but of course the big knock on McCaffrey is his durability. I am stunned he hasn't yet missed games as a Niner, but you have to think it's coming.

Really the difference between Seattle and the 9ers offenses is when it comes passing you have to worry about Kittle, CMC, Deebo, and Aiyuk since all of them can burn you whereas with Seattle you're mainly just worried about Metcalf and Lockett and that's it. The next closest guy to Metcalf and Lockett in terms of yards is Fant and the 9ers 5th option on offense almost had as many yards as Fant did this season.
Yeah, it's the trio of CMC-Kittle-Deebo that makes it so tough when they are all out there. Nothing too special about Aiyuk IMO, but he's a good 4th option for sure. Hawks have some serious talent at the skill positions though, while depth at WR after the top 2 guys is probably something they need to look at in the offseason.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Brock Purdy is better than Geno? I ask because the 49ers were a top 3 offense since he became the starter and Seattle has just as good WR and RB. They just dont have a QB or a OC. Thats what i was hinting at.
Too small of a sample size on Brock Purdy. The niners offense became top 3 by adding CMC and he actually stayed healthy for them. Without CMC that's not a top 3 offense and I'm not sure if they get into the playoffs.

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Purdy has been an upgrade over Jimmy G but people are sleeping on CMC's role in improving their offense as well with his ability to run and catch it forcing defenses into a tougher bind.

Walker has a bright future though, you almost forget he’s just a rookie…

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what’s the reason in your opinion on all the busted coverages ? So many times 49rs receivers didn’t have a defender within 15 yards of them, it’s inexcusable… lack of discipline in zone coverage ? You have 5 seconds to cover, sometimes less, I don’t get how receivers get ignored…

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
minshew? who couldnt win a game with a loaded eagles roster?

if we let geno go, we are taking a QB at 5, we will pretty much have to.