• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

List of players on your team that will be playing in the NFL

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for him, the arm strength will be the biggest issue. In the NFL, you have to fit throws into small windows, something not asked of him in Meyer's offense. Look at Tebow, he was athletic, accurate (completed over 70% in college) and is a leader -- the NFL is a completely different beast though.

It is possible he could play QB, but I have a feeling he will be going to same route as Pryor. Not playing in a pro style offense is going to hurt his stock as well if the arm strength is lacking.
Tebow also had some of the worst mechanics I've ever seen on a QB. Barrett doesn't exactly have that issue. His aren't flawless but damn, they're not Tebow-bad.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers
Butt
If the rumors are true Juju smith Schuster and adoree jackson will be the top two. I have more faith in Adoree having success tho. With few exceptions. SC players to have success in the NFL. Have been primarily Offensive lineman. And defensive players. Add in his return ability and Adoree has the most potential to be an AP

Reactions: BUD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Tebow, he was athletic, accurate (completed over 70% in college)

:L

Next time spend a minute & look some info up instead of making something up. Tebow never completed 70% of his passes in any season while @ Florida. Here are his completion % numbers year by year...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow also had some of the worst mechanics I've ever seen on a QB. Barrett doesn't exactly have that issue. His aren't flawless but damn, they're not Tebow-bad.

I brought up Tebow because he was a QB in Meyer's system who was intelligent, accurate and one of the best leaders you will find. He also put up ridiculous stats in college, but one of the struggles he had was arm strength (to go along with mechanics).

I think JT Barret could be successful if he were drafted by say, the 49'ers, where they could add in read options To the fast paced no huddle they run. Many teams will go with more traditional prospects at QB, not because of his race, but because of the system he ran in college and arm strength issues.

The kid is tremendous in Meyer's system in the college game. But the NFL is such a different game. I like the kid and hope someone gives him a shot. It will most likely be a late round flier though as he will have to prove he can handle running a pro style offense.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for him, the arm strength will be the biggest issue. In the NFL, you have to fit throws into small windows, something not asked of him in Meyer's offense. Look at Tebow, he was athletic, accurate (completed over 70% in college) and is a leader -- the NFL is a completely different beast though.

It is possible he could play QB, but I have a feeling he will be going to same route as Pryor. Not playing in a pro style offense is going to hurt his stock as well if the arm strength is lacking.
Do the lions need a wr? Leinart is available

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are close to being a super bowl contender. All they need is a QB, RB, a couple WR, a TE, a whole OLine, couple corners, couple of safeties, a DLine, about 4 linebackers, a punter and a place kicker. Other than that we are set.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are close to being a super bowl contender. All they need is a QB, RB, a couple WR, a TE, a whole OLine, couple corners, couple of safeties, a DLine, about 4 linebackers, a punter and a place kicker. Other than that we are set.

Just hire Urban Headcase. Have him bring his present team with him. They're all NFL ready.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought up Tebow because he was a QB in Meyer's system who was intelligent, accurate and one of the best leaders you will find. He also put up ridiculous stats in college, but one of the struggles he had was arm strength (to go along with mechanics).

I think JT Barret could be successful if he were drafted by say, the 49'ers, where they could add in read options To the fast paced no huddle they run. Many teams will go with more traditional prospects at QB, not because of his race, but because of the system he ran in college and arm strength issues.

The kid is tremendous in Meyer's system in the college game. But the NFL is such a different game. I like the kid and hope someone gives him a shot. It will most likely be a late round flier though as he will have to prove he can handle running a pro style offense.
Very fair points, I definitely see what you're saying simply from the schematic point in regards to playing for Meyer. I will say, however, that there are a lot more elements of that system being put into place in the NFL these days that can help talented QBs like this make the transition. However he would definitely need a couple of years to season. Honestly, if the Dolphins get tired of Tannehill's crap, that offense would be absolutely perfect for Barrett. Timing and touch are big parts of why Barrett is successful, and those are very big in Miami's offense.

When I brought up him being black, I was more talking about people saying he'd be a WR. He is not a WR by any means, and he's definitely a far better QB prospect than someone like Pryor. Hell he'd be a RB before he'd be a WR. 6'2", 225 with his agility? Wouldn't be too bad.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leinart is a free agent i believe he could convert to wr :whistle:

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama - Everyone

Arizona State - N'keal Harry and Zane Gonzalez...maybe Tim White

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please don't say WR around a Lions fan. We are the team who spent 3 top 10 picks in a row on the WR position in the Millen days. Then, thankfully, ended up drafting another at #2 overall in Calvin Johnson. Who decided to retire at the age of 30.:L