• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions Vs. Redskins Gameday Thread!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Lions fans. It was a solid win for you. I can't even imagine what it would of looked like had Bush played... Good luck and health with the rest of the season.

Thanks. Classy post. Hope things turn around for you guys.

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions have a million problems but Stafford isn't one of them.
I am glad Stafford made me look like an idiot. Please do it every week otherwise I will think he is one of the million problems and probably problem #1.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He cracks me up........The Lions have a million problems but Stafford isn't one of them.

The Lions have 2 problems and the players aren't one. Coaching and Ownership.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ill say it. The lions were not that impressive against a godawful redskins team. Kudos to them for winning on the road, any road win in the nfl is huge and hopefully helps build their confidence as they move forward, but they squeaked out a win against what is looking like one of the worst defenses of all time. Yes matty through for a tin of yards but he is still not the pimp i expect he is missing his mark still on passes he would not have missed in 2011. The injuries are starting to pile up already toward key players, the lack of discipline continues, we have a fg kicker that cant hit outside of 40, and now no wr outside of CJ. The defense was ok but not great playing against an awful redskins offense. Morris seemed to be able to run at will when they handed him the ball and the game could have easily went the redskins way if not for a couple of bad breaks. I know this will ruffle the feathers of a few who arent living in reality but its the truth. They have now played three teams and beat two, both who have a combined record of 0-6 and in both wins they made multiple mistakes, racked up penalties, got torched on big plays and disappeared for halves and quarters. Their loss came to an awful arizona team who just got drubbed by the saints and in reality will probably win 4-5 games this year. Anyhow with that being said its hard o determine how good or bad they will be until we see bush out there for a couple more games.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amerson also looked awful the week before, very few rookie cbs are going to come out and consistently dominate in the nfl.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muzzer my dad is the same way, yeah theres definitely room for improvement but he is already the best lions qb in their history imo.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this will ruffle the feathers of a few who arent living in reality but its the truth.

Hahaha... what a putz. We're 2-1, yet you dissenters are still bitching away. This isn't college football- there's no style points for the coache's poll or the AP top 25. A win is a win is a win.

Unbelievable... :L

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have now played three teams and beat two, both who have a combined record of 0-6 and in both wins they made multiple mistakes, racked up penalties, got torched on big plays and disappeared for halves and quarters.
I went ahead and bolded the most important points there for ya...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha... what a putz. We're 2-1, yet you dissenters are still bitching away. This isn't college football- there's no style points for the coache's poll or the AP top 25. A win is a win is a win.

Unbelievable... :L

See, I'm sorry, but this kind of mentality is BS.

This "win is a win" bull shit is nonsense.

Playing poorly and winning against a poor team, does not translate to beating good teams. It just doesn't. I've never heard of a great player or coach use that cliche, ever.

It's the same thing with the cliche; "You can only beat the teams on your schedule". YEAH... no shit. However, that doesn't mean that I have to praise the hell out of you for beating bad teams. Beating bad teams doesn't prove you can bet good teams when it actually matters most.

The Bears started 7-1 versus poor competition last year, and this was all you heard; "Hey... a win's a win."... "A win's a win"... "Hey, good teams find ways to win". Where did that get the Bears? A nice warm seat at home for playoff football in January.

Bull shit. Good teams look GOOD when they beat bad teams. Then they "find ways" to beat bad teams. Then they can use the "A win is a win"... when you beat a team that's headed somewhere besides a top ten pick come April.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I'm sorry, but this kind of mentality is BS.

This "win is a win" bull shit is nonsense.

Playing poorly and winning against a poor team, does not translate to beating good teams. It just doesn't. I've never heard of a great player or coach use that cliche, ever.

It's the same thing with the cliche; "You can only beat the teams on your schedule". YEAH... no shit. However, that doesn't mean that I have to praise the hell out of you for beating bad teams. Beating bad teams doesn't prove you can bet good teams when it actually matters most.

The Bears started 7-1 versus poor competition last year, and this was all you heard; "Hey... a win's a win."... "A win's a win"... "Hey, good teams find ways to win". Where did that get the Bears? A nice warm seat at home for playoff football in January.

Bull shit. Good teams look GOOD when they beat bad teams. Then they "find ways" to beat bad teams. Then they can use the "A win is a win"... when you beat a team that's headed somewhere besides a top ten pick come April.

This whole mentality makes no sense. NFL rankings are not based on how impressed or unimpressed fans are. Where did it get the Bears? What? How the Bears finished had nothing to do with any message board talk. And coaches use the "a win is a win" every week. Winning on the road in the NFL is tough no matter who you play, and coaches say it every week.

You already blew your wad anyways when you said the Lions aren't good but we still might beat the Bears. That's the classic "we aren't any good but neither are you even though you beat us" argument and it doesn't get much lamer than that. Until there's a playoff tie breaker based on who Richie G from Chicago thinks is good and who isn't, no one cares how impressed or unimpressed you are with our 2-1 team.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's the truth, with some cheese on it!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the over-under on how long it takes troll-boy to get himself banned?

Apparently we're a cooler group than he gives us credit for, though, because as of now none of us have turned him in to the admins for trolling. Then again we've given other guys multiple chances to either straighten up, or leave, before finally playing the admin card, so we're far from the thin-skinned bitches he's trying to paint us as...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, I'd like to add- A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN in the NFL!

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the years I have posted on these boards there are only fans of two teams that without fail ALWAYS troll their dumbasses over to our board to start shit up and end up with 20 page bitchfests. Those have been the 49queers and the Bears, with the Bears fans far and away dominating with multiple assholes every year at least two different times. This assclown is no different than any of the others that came before him. Why in the hell our own board members are conversing with him on his new thread is simply beyond imaginable for me. Feed a stray and now it stays. Expect this asswipe to just keep coming back all season now.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the years I have posted on these boards there are only fans of two teams that without fail ALWAYS troll their dumbasses over to our board to start shit up and end up with 20 page bitchfests. Those have been the 49queers and the Bears, with the Bears fans far and away dominating with multiple assholes every year at least two different times. This assclown is no different than any of the others that came before him. Why in the hell our own board members are conversing with him on his new thread is simply beyond imaginable for me. Feed a stray and now it stays. Expect this asswipe to just keep coming back all season now.

I have no problem with conversing with opposing fans. They're not obligated to hold our team to any standard. Dude doesn't think the Lions are good and who cares? Half of us have our concerns too. Its game week. If he comes over all year he'd be a troll. The week we play a team I'd rather discuss the game with fans from their perspective.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see we finally got a "process" in our favor.
skinsTD_medium.gif

Anyone like this celebration?
fauriaTD.gif