• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lions vs Chiefs. Thursday night season opener.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toney played like crap... but I've said in a few posts here and I'm sure I'll get the 'boo/hiss/JEALOUS?" comment, but Mahomes to me didn't play great either. A lot of his throws (even when caught) were behind receivers. He made some great runs with his legs and of course his signature sidearm pass, but his downfield throws were a bit off.

I know you're in the NFL and being paid millions so catching a pass that's thrown behind you is somewhat expected, but he didn't help his receivers in that regard. Also, the call that was a DPI downfield was also thrown behind. Sutton still drew the flag (correct call) but had the ball been laid out in front further it would've been a TD.... Sutton was beat big time.

Everyone will blame Toney because Mahomes is perfect and can't do anything wrong, but Mahomes was def. off IMO... Wonder if the ankle is still bothering a bit.

Also, it didn't seem like the Lions blitzed as much and that is the correct thing to do against Mahomes. When you blitz him he destroys teams. I saw the Lions mostly rushing 4 and playing heavy zone which is really one of the few ways to beat him.
They blitzed and brought pressure. Mahomes is very athletic, he moves around, throws from anywhere, and if he might get sacked he escapes and runs for 10-15 yards. Not his fault wr dropped passes but would that have changed outcome of game? No way of knowing, but Campbell got the better of Reid today.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d expect more out of Vikings, Packers and Bears fans.
Great win for you guys. First time I’ve won a bet on the Lions! heheh seriously though keep on trucking! A friend of my Dad is die hard Lions fan. Still alive and so happy for him.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here.

But my Dad has three in his lifetime. He was one and a half when the Lions won their last championship.
OK, well technically my dad was alive for a couple. Born in 1950. But only old enough to watch football for one playoff win.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Shock Jock TV show. Not to bug Chiefs fans or lions fans

My first question

"Did we find a kink in the chiefs armor or was it just a bad game?"

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win for you guys. First time I’ve won a bet on the Lions! heheh seriously though keep on trucking! A friend of my Dad is die hard Lions fan. Still alive and so happy for him.
I couldn’t let myself touch this game. Even without two of their three best players, I wasn’t confident KC would lose until the final kneel.

Just like I couldn’t let myself touch their over/under on the season at 9.5. I’m sure that’s already higher. Their SB odds already went up by about 65%.

It really is a big win. For the season, and honestly for the franchise. The country seldom sees this team in primetime.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Shock Jock TV show. Not to bug Chiefs fans or lions fans

My first question

"Did we find a kink in the chiefs armor or was it just a bad game?"
Imagine if they’d been missing Jones, Kelce AND Toney.

It’s okay to say chink in that context. Fwiw.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to cut out at halftime to make good on a promised dinner date....
.....But wow......Kudos to the Lions for that win. Damn!

I think Detroit might be for real this season...as long as they can manage to stay healthy with their key personnel.

I'd hate to be the team facing the Chiefs in week 2 though.

KC will be out for blood. That loss might have served as a wake up call for them.

Last edited:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn’t let myself touch this game. Even without two of their three best players, I wasn’t confident KC would lose until the final kneel.

Just like I couldn’t let myself touch their over/under on the season at 9.5. I’m sure that’s already higher. Their SB odds already went up by about 65%.

It really is a big win. For the season, and honestly for the franchise. The country seldom sees this team in primetime.
So true. Many, in their analyses, are putting aside what a great game plan the Lions had today. Bengals also know how to unravel the Chiefs. Great win man enjoy
:suds:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true. Many, in their analyses, are putting aside what a great game plan the Lions had today. Bengals also know how to unravel the Chiefs. Great win man enjoy
I’m one of those people.

Really didn’t like the spots they chose to let their nuts swing. And very much disliked the third quarter offense that was figured out at half.

Did appreciate the usage of Jack Campbell. And the difference in coverage scheme from last year. Only saw one real over the top attack at the secondary because of it. And pretty sure that was in man with no help deep over the middle. Could be wrong, haven’t rewatched the play.

Am enjoying being 1-0 though. Thanks.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m one of those people.

Really didn’t like the spots they chose to let their nuts swing. And very much disliked the third quarter offense that was figured out at half.

Did appreciate the usage of Jack Campbell. And the difference in coverage scheme from last year. Only saw one real over the top attack at the secondary because of it. And pretty sure that was in man with no help deep over the middle. Could be wrong, haven’t rewatched the play.

Am enjoying being 1-0 though. Thanks.

You know much more, but I think they fooled the Chiefs into thinking they had abandoned the run, and then brought it back when it mattered. Surgical.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know much more, but I think they fooled the Chiefs into thinking they had abandoned the run, and then brought it back when it mattered. Surgical.
If that was the rope a dope, then good on em.

The rope a dope led to 14 offensive points is all still.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like a playoff win. Be cool to see that once in my life.
I think you’re gonna be seeing that this year… Maybe even a deep playoff run… But hey, one game at a time, good luck man!

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me that Chris Jones is going to get paid sooner rather than later...and from this point forward the Chiefs will be spending more of their capital on the trucks as opposed to the toys...cuz the Lions pretty much handled the trenches in this game