• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 15: Chargers vs Raiders Thursday Night Thread

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charger fans: Did anyone get the license plate of the truck that ran us over?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a whopper tonight... The battle of the back up QB's... again.... This is a common theme in the NFL... Not a lot of scoring between these two teams the past few weeks... Could be an ugly one...

Good thing "Reacher" Season 2 didn't get released today or no one would be watching this game tonight...
Not sure if anyone already posted this since I just jumped in - Reacher DID release yesterday. I DID watch that over the game. Good choice by me.

Reacher season 2 is off to a great start with the 1st 3 episodes...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone already posted this since I just jumped in - Reacher DID release yesterday. I DID watch that over the game. Good choice by me.

Reacher season 2 is off to a great start with the 1st 3 episodes...
I noticed that, too... I watched the first 3 episodes instead of watching the game... Kind of disappointed... Not as good as the 1st one so far...

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd flex down 63-7
I cannot stand that shit. Especially when it's the team you root for doing it down 30+.

You got guys celebrating making a tackle 20 yards down field, down 17 pts..and getting up dancing around like it was the game saving tackle. You got guys celebrating an incomplete pass in which they weren't within 8 yards of the WR, the ball was simply overthrown...and they want to do the "lock down" thing they do right now...or a 12 yard run for First down - gotta get up and show that first down signal..don't mind that you're down 35...

Guys need to be expressive and celebrate...they need to have some situational awareness, too...LOL

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that, too... I watched the first 3 episodes instead of watching the game... Kind of disappointed... Not as good as the 1st one so far...
Interesting...I thought it was pretty on par with season 1...but, I guess I could see where the first 3 episodes of season 1 are a bit different in approach than this season so far.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First season was very good, excellent characterization of Reacher and interpretation of the book. The movie with Tom Cruise was entertaining but ridiculous for him to play the Reacher part — cruise is like 5’8”.

Watched first episode of Season 2 last night, it was ok but lacks some of the intensity of Season 1. I’ll watch it, because I love the Reacher books; some of the newer ones are a bit meh -think Lee Child cowrites them with his son now- but the first ones are great stuff.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the least shocking news of the week. Although was the GM really that bad?
I wondered about the GM too. There doesn't seem to be a shortage of talent on that team. But maybe the GM talked Spanos into keeping Staley around after the "Debacle in Duval" last January and he figured both of them should just go and they get a clean slate going forward.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wondered about the GM too. There doesn't seem to be a shortage of talent on that team. But maybe the GM talked Spanos into keeping Staley around after the "Debacle in Duval" last January and he figured both of them should just go and they get a clean slate going forward.
Yeah, I'm sure the logic is that the GM probably stumped for the coach at some point and the coach was so bad that nothing else matters.

I've also kinda been joking that the Chargers are the ideal fit for Bellichick so if the GM is gone, too, then....

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm sure the logic is that the GM probably stumped for the coach at some point and the coach was so bad that nothing else matters.

I've also kinda been joking that the Chargers are the ideal fit for Bellichick so if the GM is gone, too, then....
Ironically, the first thought that popped into my head was the Chargers trading for BB.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who brings in Belichick is going to be making a mistake IMO

How bad does he have to screw up the Patriots before people realize he's past his due date?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who brings in Belichick is going to be making a mistake IMO

How bad does he have to screw up the Patriots before people realize he's past his due date?
Its all relative. Belichick can make a defense out of nothing. Probably the last person I'd want building an offense. Still way better than Staley