• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Lions @ Packers................

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good look at all. It's been almost 30 years and I'm willing to bet that at this point less than 1/2 of the people that actually received those original tickets are still the owners of them. Plus, many of the regular season ticket owners are from southeast Wisconsin, so at some point they need to weed out the non-fans that are just profiting from the original plan and shorten the season ticket wait list and sell them to people that actually want them and will show up for the games. I'm sure they can figure out which seats are being sold on a regular basis and considering the wait list is about equal to the seating capacity they wouldn't lose a dime if they did it. Those that would be bitching the loudest are those that are just selling the tickets as it's culling their income stream, but it's not really and earned income, it's a gifted income by somebody that was actually a fan.

As I mentioned, there was some talk of doing just that, but it doesn't appear that it had any impact. That tells me it's time to start writing letters to those that are constantly selling their tickets and giving them notice that they're going to either use the tickets for themselves or family members or no longer be ticket holders. Like I mentioned earlier, they know who is a habitual seller as they've been tracking it for the last 5 or so years.

There is going to be some bitching for sure, probably some threatened lawsuits, but I don't think the Packers really care. They will have given them notices of the rules and that will probably be the end of it.
If they’re never going to play at Miller Field, they could definitely start the process of ending those two game options.

Get why they don’t do it now that Lambeau has been upgraded to the awesomeness we see today. But like I said, I always loved those Milwaukee games. Felt like an event.

Had a Barry poster back in the day that was shot at County.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did it in 13 and 14. But 17 too.

So much early hope. So many long Decembers.

The good news is they turned Stafford and usual crap into an actual team and football organization. It appears they have actual football people running the show now, so the needle points up. Good luck in reaching the actual goal of a Superbowl, honestly I wouldn't mind at all.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still early, but this looks like a division the Lions will be pretty much in cruise control mode by the end of November.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is they turned Stafford and usual crap into an actual team and football organization. It appears they have actual football people running the show now, so the needle points up. Good luck in reaching the actual goal of a Superbowl, honestly I wouldn't mind at all.
We’ve had actual teams before.

Competitive rosters, experienced coaches.

I say we, cuz this shit matters to me. It’s part of my life. I’m not a season ticket holder. As close as I’ve came to wasting money on it. I haven’t. I waste money on other things. And one eye a lot of the pre game coverage other people watch, since I try to not do Jack shit on Sundays that I’m not in charge of. (Almost every Lions game in my life has been on Sunday outside of Thanksgiving. Forget how many years it took to get a MNF game, but I was there when it finally happened at Ford Field. Still haven’t missed a home playoff game since I’ve had pubes.)

Anyway…

This team is really thin at a few spots that are going to matter. So I’m tempered. But it is always fun to be confident the Lions don’t suck ass. That doesn’t mean I’m going to start thinking we’re going to win when up 17.

Dan Campbell is an impulsive motivator that wishes he could still be a fourth tight end/special teams guy. Lol. That isn’t a dig. But it can lead to irrational decisions.

Like letting Monty rack up stats. There was no need for that. Game was over.

The Staff trade was a win win. We aren’t better at QB. We aren’t. But we’re different there and a lot better at some other spots. Which is good. Cuz it was a shitty roster when Staff reminded the Fords that when you love something, you have to be able to let it go.

I do appreciate the focus on former talent being brought into the fold. But I also am aware that Chris Spielman is related to an awful judge of talent at numerous positions. And Spielman played for other teams, but his brother is his brother. There is dumb in his blood. He gets no old Browns glory, all new Browns stink. But I’m glad people ask him his opinion.

Anyways again…

The Lions are up a game. Hope they’re shooting for to tamakeit two while we’re eating pumpkin pie. Cuz the other two teams in the division suck. They’re gonna start trading talent soon.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young team, inexperienced QB, short week, big emotional comeback last week. The Packers aren't this bad. They may or not be playoff contenders but they're definitely in that range.
Short week for the Lions to. And they had to travel.

Losing at home on a Thursday is what the really bad teams do.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
packers d got racked giving up 27 points in the first half.lions may shock people and be a force in the nfl playoffs this seasoni,m glad for the long suffering lion fans.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of Lions fans here amazes me. Gold package or whatever, is this common at Lambeau?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of Lions fans here amazes me. Gold package or whatever, is this common at Lambeau?

This is fucking awesome

The Packers are so hateable. Has a franchise ever fallen so far so fast? Lol

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ve had actual teams before.

Competitive rosters, experienced coaches.

I say we, cuz this shit matters to me. It’s part of my life. I’m not a season ticket holder. As close as I’ve came to wasting money on it. I haven’t. I waste money on other things. And one eye a lot of the pre game coverage other people watch, since I try to not do Jack shit on Sundays that I’m not in charge of. (Almost every Lions game in my life has been on Sunday outside of Thanksgiving. Forget how many years it took to get a MNF game, but I was there when it finally happened at Ford Field. Still haven’t missed a home playoff game since I’ve had pubes.)

Anyway…

This team is really thin at a few spots that are going to matter. So I’m tempered. But it is always fun to be confident the Lions don’t suck ass. That doesn’t mean I’m going to start thinking we’re going to win when up 17.

Dan Campbell is an impulsive motivator that wishes he could still be a fourth tight end/special teams guy. Lol. That isn’t a dig. But it can lead to irrational decisions.

Like letting Monty rack up stats. There was no need for that. Game was over.

The Staff trade was a win win. We aren’t better at QB. We aren’t. But we’re different there and a lot better at some other spots. Which is good. Cuz it was a shitty roster when Staff reminded the Fords that when you love something, you have to be able to let it go.

I do appreciate the focus on former talent being brought into the fold. But I also am aware that Chris Spielman is related to an awful judge of talent at numerous positions. And Spielman played for other teams, but his brother is his brother. There is dumb in his blood. He gets no old Browns glory, all new Browns stink. But I’m glad people ask him his opinion.

Anyways again…

The Lions are up a game. Hope they’re shooting for to tamakeit two while we’re eating pumpkin pie. Cuz the other two teams in the division suck. They’re gonna start trading talent soon.

Honestly, I don't really know if the Vikes are really bad or just as unlucky this year as they were last year. The Bears are bad, it seems that the entire organization is not in the same business as the rest of the NFL right now.

I really don't even know what the Packers are, they could end up not winning another game or actually piece something together. The good news is they have 10 days and will hopefully get some of their guys healthy, or healthy enough to play and it might elevate the play some, but I don't see it making them sudden contenders for anything meaningful. That's ok in my book, I was kind of tired of the nonsense that has gone on since about 2016 or so. Going backwards to go forward might not be the worst thing ever.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't really know if the Vikes are really bad or just as unlucky this year as they were last year. The Bears are bad, it seems that the entire organization is not in the same business as the rest of the NFL right now.

I really don't even know what the Packers are, they could end up not winning another game or actually piece something together. The good news is they have 10 days and will hopefully get some of their guys healthy, or healthy enough to play and it might elevate the play some, but I don't see it making them sudden contenders for anything meaningful. That's ok in my book, I was kind of tired of the nonsense that has gone on since about 2016 or so. Going backwards to go forward might not be the worst thing ever.
Vikings would be minimum 2-1 if they could hang onto the ball, but they cant, so they're 0-3

They're flawed team with some top end talent

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fucking awesome

The Packers are so hateable. Has a franchise ever fallen so far so fast? Lol
I wouldn't say GB has fallen

Love is showing to be a capable QB and he has young inexperienced WR's. You can see potential with this GB roster

The defense is good, but has stretches it stinks, DC might be a weakspot

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say GB has fallen

Love is showing to be a capable QB and he has young inexperienced WR's. You can see potential with this GB roster

The defense is good, but has stretches it stinks, DC might be a weakspot
Respectable playoffs yearly elite QB

To

Getting disgraced in your home park by division rival on national television

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was funny. Just thought I’d pass it on to my GB friends on here:

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings would be minimum 2-1 if they could hang onto the ball, but they cant, so they're 0-3

They're flawed team with some top end talent

I wasn't very clear, basically as unlucky this year as they were lucky last year...sometimes it's just how stuff works out