• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lions at Bears Week 4

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kept bringing this up during the game. I seriously thought I saw Marinelli walking the sidelines today

Whithead should be the only LB in the game. Go with 6 DBs. Maybe then the CBs don't have to play 10 yds deep. 3rd and 7 and they are 10 yards back. That is a real tough problem to solve for the opposing offense. Not like they can run a 8yd hook, catch the ball and fall down for a first down every time. Oh wait, that's exactly what they did almost all game not to mention it happened all last game too. And even the second half of the TN game.
The LBs cant tackle anyway and they certainly can not cover so why bother having them out there.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd have an elite D, because nothing has changed but losing him. But thanks for your analysis. Bears fan.

Lol. Wow. That is delusional. Your D is a shell of what it was. If Suh magically makes defense's elite. Why does Miami's defense SUCK?

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to look to the future.

I was looking to get rid of Caldwell after last season and have a new HC in place for this losing season. Falling into a 3 year losing cycle again isn't much of a future. The Lions turn to win is next season and it'll be under a new HC and new philosophy.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking to get rid of Caldwell after last season and have a new HC in place for this losing season. Falling into a 3 year losing cycle again isn't much of a future. The Lions turn to win is next season and it'll be under a new HC and new philosophy.
Quin couldn't replace Caldwell.

He prolly won't do it all year.

The team just isn't good enough to be legit, no matter who is HC.

If hed fired This Jim prior to the season, he either wouldn't be able to land the candidate he wanted, or "his" coach would've been coaching these shitty players MAYHEW left him. Best to stick to the lame duck.

I don't see them being capable of an overhaul in time for our turn. Maybe next time. When is that? 2020?

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If hed fired This Jim prior to the season, he either wouldn't be able to land the candidate he wanted, or "his" coach would've been coaching these shitty players MAYHEW left him. Best to stick to the lame duck.

I don't see them being capable of an overhaul in time for our turn. Maybe next time. When is that? 2020?

So when will we hear from Martha, when the season is lost? They don't suck, they're sandbagging. The odds of winning a game when they're only playing one or two quarter is harder vs 60 minutes.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when will we hear from Martha, when the season is lost? They don't suck, they're sandbagging. The odds of winning a game when they're only playing one or two quarter is harder vs 60 minutes.
Oh, they suck alright.

They suck plenty.

Be 0-4 if Pagano wasn't an idiot. And if his Colts weren't just as bad as the Lions.

I think this was a lost season before it started man. I've never been less interested in the Lions. Or in actually watching them anyway. It's a throwaway season. Then come the rebuilding seasons.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for the 3 LBs that were on that defense who are not on the field now. We also lost IAQ and JJ. Granted our DE replacement has been fine. The rest not so much.

@richig07 is correct. He has not made Miami's defense even a top half defense since he got there. Not even close. That's no slight on Suh. He is just 1 guy. He cant do it all.

A DT doesn't make a defense. He wanted DE money and he simply isn't worth it. And frankly, seeing him in Miami, he's not even a top DT.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time in my life in my adult life I did not watch any football over the weekend......it was actually nice.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very thought out points. I thought a similar thought of him being a lame duck ( mine was dead man walking) and the players feeding off of that. Seems to be no emotion or passion with these guys. The one who seems to have it is Stafford, not much from others.

Your legit comment, spot on!

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never judge a team before 70 years.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very thought out points. I thought a similar thought of him being a lame duck ( mine was dead man walking) and the players feeding off of that. Seems to be no emotion or passion with these guys. The one who seems to have it is Stafford, not much from others.

Your legit comment, spot on!
It's why I have no passion as a fan. (Well, that and replay. And horribly informed announcers. And fines for shoes and dancing and being mean... I'll shut up now. But my care level for football is at about a five.)

I never stopped missing Da Schwartz.

Maybe that big guy from NE that looks like he changes oil will inspire me next year? If we're ready for a coach by then anyway.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions mustered up just 20 points in each of their last 3 games, they would have a winning record. I know the defense hasn't been scary good or looked great, but the defense isn't the reason they are losing games. They need to find new ways to score quick. Sure Abdullah is gone, but the good teams overcome injuries. Figure it out, or 1-4 will kill any playoff chance that may be left.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time in my life in my adult life I did not watch any football over the weekend......it was actually nice.

A man can only watch so many 5 yard passes.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to see the Philly D shut the Lions out and Schwartz gets carried off the field again.