• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk NFL Rookie of the Year

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier in the season I said it was a two horse race between Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz. 6 games into the season there is a changing of the guard imo. Right now I would have to say the front runner for rookie of the year is Ezekial Elliot.

1. He leads the NFL in attempts and Yards and Yards Per Game.

2. He leads the NFL in rushes that gain a first down.

3. He is tied for 2nd in Rushing TD at 5. The leaders have 6.

4. He is 7th in YPA but when you really take a look at that number I would have to say that he is actually 2nd in yards per attempt. The reasoning being when you look at the number of carries only LeSean McCoy has a higher YPA with running backs that are in top 15 in attempts.

Yes Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz get all the hype because they are QB's. They are both playing great football. Carson Wentz stats do not tell the whole story about yesterdays game. He played very well considering and is a rookie. Dak Prescott has been amazing as well but you have to wonder how good would he be if he did not have Elliot as a RB.

Right now Zeke Elliott is running away with it. Hell.....forget rookie of the year. Right now he should be in the running for NFL MVP. He is on pace to rush for almost 1900 yards and 13 rushing TD's

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Course it'll be Dak or Elliott and they should continue to have success.

I'm white, slow as F, and I could probably get 3 YPC or complete 25% of my passes behind that O-Line.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both ROY candidates, are on the same team

And they just may be 1-2 in the MVP race as well

Reactions: GNG

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak Prescott has been amazing as well but you have to wonder how good would he be if he did not have Elliot as a RB.
yep...and smith had aikman/Irvin and certainly aikman had smith. Must downgrade accordingly.

Love Zeke...but I wonder how good Zeke would be without Dak's play.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep...and smith had aikman/Irvin and certainly aikman had smith. Must downgrade accordingly.

Love Zeke...but I wonder how good Zeke would be without Dak's play.

I think Zeke would be just fine without Dak's play. The better question is how good would Zeke be without his offensive line. While I see your point about Smith having Aikman/Irvin it is a little too early to throw that in this argument. All three of those guys were first ballot hall of famers and it is unfair to Dak and Zeke to throw that in there.

Until the Eagles moved up to get Carson Wentz many on the Eagles board wanted them to take Zeke with pick when we moved into the top 10. Some thought it was not smart to take RB in the top 10 but most were sold on him. A good running game makes things easier for a QB. The Cowboys are truly a run first team but they do have great balance with the pass game as well. However I personally believe Dak benefits more from Zeke than the other way around.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zeke would be just fine without Dak's play. The better question is how good would Zeke be without his offensive line. While I see your point about Smith having Aikman/Irvin it is a little too early to throw that in this argument. All three of those guys were first ballot hall of famers and it is unfair to Dak and Zeke to throw that in there.

Until the Eagles moved up to get Carson Wentz many on the Eagles board wanted them to take Zeke with pick when we moved into the top 10. Some thought it was not smart to take RB in the top 10 but most were sold on him. A good running game makes things easier for a QB. The Cowboys are truly a run first team but they do have great balance with the pass game as well. However I personally believe Dak benefits more from Zeke than the other way around.
I agree.....little early for rookie of the year with 10 to still play.

Team play is a beautiful thing and it all starts up front...least in Dallas

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.....little early for rookie of the year with 10 to still play.

We need to have something to talk about. Hell in about 5 weeks we could be talking about completely different players but it is a good topic to discuss.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dax imo has it for now. What i am wondering if Romo's return will kill his chance

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give it to Dak. He has been clutch when the team needed it. He has protected the football and honestly should have a few more touchdowns as his WR's have not done him many favors this year at times. Really impressed with this kid. Elliot is 2nd in my opinion but more just because of the downgrade of the position. The two are close.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to choose between Elliott and Prescott. I'll say this, Prescott has been great, but Elliott may already be the best RB in football, and seems to be getting better week to week - there I said it.

Reactions: GNG

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EE has this award wrapped up. Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be like previous players that won the award like RGIII, Percy Harvin, Bradford, Cadalic Williams, Eddie the elephant man Lacy, or Vince Young. I have a feeling he'll end up more like AD without the injuries, fumbles or kid beatings but maybe some crazy ass parties.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Course it'll be Dak or Elliott and they should continue to have success.

I'm white, slow as F, and I could probably get 3 YPC or complete 25% of my passes behind that O-Line.

Well since you're white that means your IQ is higher so you would make better decisions and have a much better completion percentage. :)

Xander

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,545.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wondering about Romo's return as well. Being a Dallas fan, I would like to see Romo take some more time to FULLY heal. If he's not going to do that than he will have no choice but to take a back seat to Dak. As for rookie of the year, I think it's too early to tell.

Remember ALL of the expectations that people had for Tbow and rg3....oh i'm sorry, tbow and rg3 who?

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EE will have a hard time beating out a qb so Dak will probabaly win ROY but Wentz is still the darkhorse

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since you're white that means your IQ is higher so you would make better decisions and have a much better completion percentage. :)

The people giving this post dislikes are racists. ;)

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EE will have a hard time beating out a qb so Dak will probabaly win ROY but Wentz is still the darkhorse

No way, after what I seen this week I was way more impressed with EE than Dak. If Eddie can win this award then EE can win this as well especially with this record breaking pace. Packers have a really good D-line and LB's and that Oline for about 60% of the game ran them over. Combine that with a RB that has a similar height/weight and power/speed combo like Ahman Green did it's a dangerous combo. The guy might get 2k yards.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive Rookie of the Year seems to be a lot more unclear. Joey Bosa has missed quite a few games but he looked like the real deal in the two games he has been in.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give it to Dak. He has been clutch when the team needed it. He has protected the football and honestly should have a few more touchdowns as his WR's have not done him many favors this year at times. Really impressed with this kid. Elliot is 2nd in my opinion but more just because of the downgrade of the position. The two are close.

Wentz has played better then Dak. But the rookie of the year right now is Zeek. Voting right not would be...
1. Zeek
2. Wentz
3. Dak