• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let the cuts begin....

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right after the news broke 97.5 had Cary on. He said Chip was the one he talked to. They never asked him to take a pay cut. In other words pure football decision. And the right decision.

Also folks while everyone is talking about a huge deal up for Mariotta, Chip is shooting holes in this team. Holes right now:

1. Right Guard
2. Cornerback (2)
3. Safety
4. Middle linebacker (Jones is not a starter)
5. Wide out (Maclin not signed)

That is all before we try to upgrade positions like outside linebacker, wide out opposite (maclin). Quarterback etc.
Taz whatcha smokin bro??? Shooting holes in the team? Herremans hasn't been good for 2 years...Williams is an overpaid Average at best CB so how exactly is Chip "shooting holes in the team" ?

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taz whatcha smokin bro??? Shooting holes in the team? Herremans hasn't been good for 2 years...Williams is an overpaid Average at best CB so how exactly is Chip "shooting holes in the team" ?

So who on the team is Williams replacement, how about Heremens, Yes as of today they are holes. By this time next week they may not be but they are holes today. Now I need to get back to my wacky tabacky

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who on the team is Williams replacement, how about Heremens, Yes as of today they are holes. By this time next week they may not be but they are holes today. Now I need to get back to my wacky tabacky
TAz - they already were Holes??? Long before they were cut we knew we needed 2 new Cb's and a new RG, we also know we need a Safety, an ILB a WR or two and i'm gonna bet a RB real soon as well.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless if we're prepping for a big FA or not….C.Williams had no business being on this team, especially at his cap number. That dude is a penalty machine and we're better off with directional cones in the secondary than players like Williams/Fletcher/Allen

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless Chip is going to go hard after MM. The cuts that have already been made are easy choices. I think Trent Cole and D.Ryans are the harder ones, based on their leadership qualities -- especially Ryans. I think they will try to keep both at a reduced rate, but if those guys don't want to take a big pay cut - they can be the next ones to hit the road. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if McCoy/Foles is trade bait to go up and grab MM. Like I've been saying, this is going to be a VERY interesting off-season.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TAz - they already were Holes??? Long before they were cut we knew we needed 2 new Cb's and a new RG, we also know we need a Safety, an ILB a WR or two and i'm gonna bet a RB real soon as well.

Wings what is your definition of a hole? Before the cuts we could have used upgrades at RG, CB etc. We had holes at cb (Fletcher FA), Safety (Allen FA), Wide Out (Maclin FA).

Either way my point is this there is no way in hell Chip can afford to trade up for Mariotta and still continue to build this team. You can't do it all through free agency.

Corner for instance, we have three guys under contract Watkins, Boykin and Carroll. Boykin and Carroll are free agents after 2015. All three are really inside corners. So we need at least three corners probably more like 4 or 5.

That is just corner, the offensive line needs youth added to it. We need at least 3 offensive lineman. I am not sold on Tobin, Barbe or Gardner are older guys. I would go after a younger lineman like Wisnewski but also use a 2nd day pick on an OT/G type.

Linebacker is another position that we need multiples from. Ryans most likely wont be healthy this year. Cole is 33, Graham most likely is gone. We don't know yet on Smith. We need to get at least 2-3 younger linebackers in here.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ON CSN philly now. Another hole

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Geoff Mosher Trent Cole to be cut....knew that was coming.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 9m9 minutes ago

The #Eagles will be releasing Trent Cole after both sides could not agree on a revised contract, a league source confirmed.

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 9m9 minutes ago

The #Eagles will be releasing Trent Cole after both sides could not agree on a revised contract, a league source confirmed.

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane 7m7 minutes ago

#Eagles to release Trent Cole, pre @GeoffMosherCSN. Could help in re-signing Brandon Graham, but am told he's 99.9 pct likely to test FA.

0 replies 39 retweets 8 favorites

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worlids here we come

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Worilds or Brooks Reed will be an Eagle

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings what is your definition of a hole? Before the cuts we could have used upgrades at RG, CB etc. We had holes at cb (Fletcher FA), Safety (Allen FA), Wide Out (Maclin FA).

Either way my point is this there is no way in hell Chip can afford to trade up for Mariotta and still continue to build this team. You can't do it all through free agency.

Corner for instance, we have three guys under contract Watkins, Boykin and Carroll. Boykin and Carroll are free agents after 2015. All three are really inside corners. So we need at least three corners probably more like 4 or 5.

That is just corner, the offensive line needs youth added to it. We need at least 3 offensive lineman. I am not sold on Tobin, Barbe or Gardner are older guys. I would go after a younger lineman like Wisnewski but also use a 2nd day pick on an OT/G type.

Linebacker is another position that we need multiples from. Ryans most likely wont be healthy this year. Cole is 33, Graham most likely is gone. We don't know yet on Smith. We need to get at least 2-3 younger linebackers in here.
My definition of a "HOLE" is a position where a player is not very good....That is a "Hole" We have numerous "Holes" to fill and it has nothing to do with Chip creating them.

We have like 40 Million in cap space available, Chip can go on a nice spending Spree and go get Mariota, which is exactly what I think he is gonna do. He isn't go go sign 5 break the bank players....He will sign 1 or two big dollar guys and I'd say 4-6 more free agents that are solid football players.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and
ON CSN philly now. Another hole
You and your fuckin Holes......It's not a new hole, we already knew we had that hole! Trent Cole is old, 2 steps slower than he was, and he makes a TON of money. So you take the money you were paying Trent Cole and you go sign a much younger Jason Worilds...This isn't rocket science.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see us targeting Byron Maxwell and Jason Worilds as our top tier guys. Then grabbing players like Marcus Gilchrist or Rahim Moore at Safety. Stephen Wisnewski at OG. Then a 2nd CB like Tramon Williams or Alan Ball. Gotta Re-sign Jmac as well. Locker as a backup QB since Foles is likely to be traded - probably McCoy as well. In the case McCoy is a goner, I'd love Ameer Abdullah in the 3rd round….Man I'm glad he ran in the 4.6's!! haha

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and

You and your fuckin Holes......It's not a new hole, we already knew we had that hole! Trent Cole is old, 2 steps slower than he was, and he makes a TON of money. So you take the money you were paying Trent Cole and you go sign a much younger Jason Worilds...This isn't rocket science.

Haha….really shouldn't be that difficult. We'll get a player like Worilds or Brooks Reed, who's younger and better than Cole…and the Cap hit will still be similar, even less if it's Reed.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you that we dont have to look at the back of the #26 jersey next year.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful what you wish for. Hopefully the starters are not Nolan Carroll and Brandon Boykin come opening day.

Yeah be careful :rolleyes2: We had the 31st ranked pass defense for a reason. Highly doubt the Eagles add nothing to their secondary.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf is it with these different cut threads? Wings posted a thread on let the cuts begin. Shit, there will be more cuts coming.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cole and Herremans a lot, both guys were warriors. But let's face it, they were in decline and overpaid. This is what happens to older players in the modern NFL.

Cutting them to generate cap space is good business. Now the Eagles need to be smart and use all this money to re-sign Maclin and upgrade the secondary, the OL and the OLB position.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and

Semantics dude, I say hole for what you are saying needs to be an upgrade. If we kept Trent Cole I would say we need to upgrade the position. We cut him, we don't have a viable player behind him so its hole. We are saying the same thing