• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let the cuts begin....

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful what you wish for. Hopefully the starters are not Nolan Carroll and Brandon Boykin come opening day.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About time....I never wanted him. Surprised a few on here were actually making the argument to keep him for another year. Good riddance!!!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give this thread some time since the news is fresh, then I'll merge it with the Cuts thread.
And for the record Don't let the door hit ya in the ass Williams!!! HA!
Thanks for merging this. It's going to get ridiculous with more cuts coming. No need to create new threads with somebody getting cut.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's now official that the Eagles will have a complete secondary overall, exception of Jenkins. I suspect we pick up at least one corner/ safety via FA and add a couple in the draft. My gut is this will put any MM rumors of us moving up to bed. No chance are we giving away picks. I won't be surprised to see Shady released/ traded. Im starting to think that Chip will draft a RB and save money for someone else?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect we pick up multiple players via Free Agency....Chips going all in on Mariota.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think MM is still a very real possibility, and that's coming from someone that is scared to death at what we're going to give up potentially to get him... Cary's release makes me think that they're one step closer to securing Maxwell, and maybe making a play for McCourty too. March 10 just got a whole lot more interesting!

Hey Wings I was one of those that thought you were bonkers suggesting that McCoy might become a cap casualty - you called it bro, if Shady doesn't want to budge from his current number Chip is showing he's not messing around.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Wings I was one of those that thought you were bonkers suggesting that McCoy might become a cap casualty - you called it bro, if Shady doesn't want to budge from his current number Chip is showing he's not messing around.

I think the Eagles are going to try hard to make Mccoy part of a Trade up first.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles are going to try hard to make Mccoy part of a Trade up first.

Think the Vikings might be interested if they drop Peterson? I read that the Raiders might be interested and we could use him in a package to get to their pick at 4, but I don't really see that happening.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still think so? I'm convinced MM was never going to happen.
I saw an NFL Analyst say Mariota is ANDREW LUCK to Chip Kelly in his system. Makes sense really. Yes, I think Chip goes all out.

What makes sense to me is Chip cutting as much dead weight as he can...Old players with big contracts, players not living up to contracts e.g.(Riley Cooper) and overpaid players for their position e.g.(Lesean Mccoy)
I think the Eagles can create this HUGE pot of money, along with the money that was not spent last season, plus the Salary cap increase, they could hit 50 plus million in available cap if they really try....Then you sign 2 high priced Studs in free agency then 3 2nd Tier type free agents, then 3 maybe even 4 3rd/4th Tier Free agents...This is not trying to duplicate the "Dream Team" bullshit....What we are doing are finding solid 2 Superstars (most likely on defense) then we are filling in with good to solid NFL and i repeat NFL ready football players. This type of move is necessary when you getting rid as much dead weight as we are, and when your gearing up for a Mega trade that could cost you two drafts. Also, Chip knows that this draft absolutely SUCKS for his needs. Just my two cents worth.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't figure out why some thought he would be staying.

He needed to go.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We signing Maxwell..I'd bet money on it.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We certainly seem to be clearing the decks for someone.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an NFL Analyst say Mariota is ANDREW LUCK to Chip Kelly in his system. Makes sense really. Yes, I think Chip goes all out.

What makes sense to me is Chip cutting as much dead weight as he can...Old players with big contracts, players not living up to contracts e.g.(Riley Cooper) and overpaid players for their position e.g.(
Mccoy)
I think the Eagles can create this HUGE pot of money, along with the money that was not spent last season, plus the Salary cap increase, they could hit 50 plus million in available cap if they really
try....Then you sign 2 high priced Studs in free agency then 3 2nd Tier type free agents, then 3 maybe even 4 3rd/4th Tier Free agents...This is not trying to duplicate the "Dream Team" bullshit....What we are doing are finding solid 2 Superstars (most likely on defense) then we are filling in with good to solid NFL
and i repeat NFL ready football players. This type of move is necessary when you getting rid as much dead weight as we are, and when your gearing up for a Mega trade that could cost you two drafts. Also, Chip knows that this draft absolutely SUCKS for his needs. Just my two cents worth.
Fair enough. This draft isn't that terrible like you say. It's very good for RB and WR which Chip may want to explore if Shady or Cooper get cut. Cooper is much easier to replace than Shady. Regardless, this team is going to cut several more IMO. We have to fill them spots through the draft or FA.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. This draft isn't that terrible like you say. It's very good for RB and WR which Chip may want to explore if Shady or Cooper get cut. Cooper is much easier to replace than Shady. Regardless, this team is going to cut several more IMO. We have to fill them spots through the draft or FA.
It is Terrible for our NEED positions because this draft lacks depth....ILB it is 1 to 1/2 rds deep...Safety it is 1-2 rds deep with very little as far as HUGE upside...CB 1-2 rds deep without many huge upside guys, WR there are some good ones, but nothing like last years draft...QB uhmmmm yeah no need go there....Yes it is deep at RB, and it has some very good O-linemen, but overall this is not a real good draft class....Also why I firmly believe Chip will give up his first and 2nd rd picks this year if necessary to get Mariota as well as more in next years draft.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right after the news broke 97.5 had Cary on. He said Chip was the one he talked to. They never asked him to take a pay cut. In other words pure football decision. And the right decision.

Also folks while everyone is talking about a huge deal up for Mariotta, Chip is shooting holes in this team. Holes right now:

1. Right Guard
2. Cornerback (2)
3. Safety
4. Middle linebacker (Jones is not a starter)
5. Wide out (Maclin not signed)

That is all before we try to upgrade positions like outside linebacker, wide out opposite (maclin). Quarterback etc.