• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let the cuts begin....

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are going to build the next Dream Team? The Eagles should be cautious going this route. Teams don't jell so well with massive turnover even if turnover is needed. This is shaping up to be one seriously interesting off season. I hope Chip knows what he is doing.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Essentially our entire defense is going to look a lot different, meaning new faces going into camp. Who's left from last season ( Cox, Curry, Ryans, Jenkins, etc.)? Ryans more than likely will be cut. We need to fill these spots. We are not the only team that has money to spend on FAs. A lot of you are willing to handover picks like they grow on trees to move up into top 5? If Chips system is that good, we shouldn't need to move that far up for a QB who hasn't done a thing yet in the NFL. Go ahead and tell me that Chip compared him to Peyton Manning. Who gives a shit. I'm not buying it. This isn't Madden '15 and buy any player on the market. Plenty of teams will be looking to shop as well. Done with the rant.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cole and Herremans a lot, both guys were warriors. But let's face it, they were in decline and overpaid. This is what happens to older players in the modern NFL.

Cutting them to generate cap space is good business. Now the Eagles need to be smart and use all this money to re-sign Maclin and upgrade the secondary, the OL and the OLB position.

While I understand it's time to go for some older players - we are generating holes faster than we are filling them.

My #1 concern about chip was his thinking that scheme is more important than any player, and he won't appreciate the need for long term consistency on the team. He is use to players only starting for 2 years. in the NFL you NEED to develop talent and keep them longer than that. It takes more time to develop.

So far, I'm not sure the talent and cohesion of the team is improving faster than what we are losing. That makes losing someone like Cole hurt a bit more.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank GOD!!!!!!!! You cant see it, but I just got a boner off this news... get his bum ass outta here!

smokeyburgess

Where there's smoke, there's fire.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings, you've gotta change the photo accompanying your posts. Unprofessional and disgusting.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. Lol.. Well done, sir!

smokeyburgess

Where there's smoke, there's fire.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow i knew there would be a sensitive one:L
You're a funny guy, Wings. I live on the Left coast, and it's breakfast time here, so it's unappetizing to see that avatar so early in the day. I like the rubber duckie much better.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a funny guy, Wings. I live on the Left coast, and it's breakfast time here, so it's unappetizing to see that avatar so early in the day. I like the rubber duckie much better.

Is there no way to change in your preferences to not see avatars? I looked for it, but couldn't find the option. The board would look a lot cleaner without them IMO.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't offend me, but it grossed me out.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Riley Cooper still standing? I hope he is cut soon.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Riley Cooper still standing? I hope he is cut soon.

Because he costs more to cut than he does to keep.

Also he's Chip's favorite skin color.