• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Legion of Boom or Region of Room?

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe that was the seahawks defense allowing the Rams to run all over the field wide open. They made the Rams offense look really good. Maybe they are but maybe somebody should try to cover someone. Kam's holdout is a major distraction as we have to hear about it every day on the local radio.

I think Kam screwed up. He got paid and a year later wants mo money. All the players want mo money. Ask Kam who Seattle should cut so he can be happy? Maybe ask his team mates to all cut some of their contracts so Kam can get his.
It will never end. If they give in to Kam, next season they will have the same crap from multiple players. I think this ends badly. Kam could end up being traded and one day will be wondering what happened. And Kam will go from being loved to being hated by Seattle fans.

Football players should get all they can. But once you sign a contract you should honor it for at least a couple seasons. If you want to renegotiate every year, than only sign a one year deal.

Typical "me" person. This is a team sport but there's always somebody who thinks they are all that and then some. Seattle is a weaker team without him. But it is a business and Kam has been given bad advice.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football players should get all they can. But once you sign a contract you should honor it for at least a couple seasons.

Why? Teams don't honor it for a couple seasons if they feel the player isn't performing up to par. Or due to no fault of their own, become injured.

NFL contracts are basically garbage and holding out is really the only card a player has to play.

Typical "me" person. This is a team sport but there's always somebody who thinks they are all that and then some. Seattle is a weaker team without him. But it is a business and Kam has been given bad advice.

And this is typical fan bullshit. Always blame the player and bemoan his responsibility and/or commitment to the team, but rarely if ever the other way around.

Last edited:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam signed his contract then saw the millions they were willing to pay equal to lesser talent. He obviously feels he was given a raw deal. Now the Seahawks have to deal with the distraction. :L

I think the last player to hold out and miss game checks to ultimately force a trade was Carson Palmer. The difference is he played for a horrible Okland Raiders team with inept leadership. People to this day call Palmer a quitter, when in actuality, he got exactly what he set out to do. Kam is holding out on a SB contending team with great leadership. If he gets traded, he loses because that was not his goal. I actually commend the Seahawks for sticking to their guns. However if they drop to 0-2, there will be tremendous pressure from the fans to get something done.

BTW - I will laugh makes ass off if he gets traded to a team like the Bucs or jags.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Teams don't honor it for a couple seasons if they feel the player isn't performing up to par. Or due to no fault of their own, become injured.

NFL contracts are basically garbage and holding out is really the only card a player has to play.

And this is typical fan bullshit. Always blame the player and bemoan his responsibility and/or commitment to the team, but rarely if ever the other way around.

Well one reason teams don't honor contracts is they have to manage the cap.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years ago Kam signed an extension. 2 years ago JS was putting together his plan to make all important salaries fit under the CAP. The important players were all signed or made FA. Now that the puzzle fits exactly as JS planned, here come KC wanting a bigger piece of the team pie. CAP issues create these problems. JS made the pieces fit. Now 31 wants more. NO. You got yours and you get another chance at FA. Oh....if he gets hurt and cant play......then live off the $17 millon bonus you already cashed.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan I don't like seeing players hold out for more money, but I can't really blame them. They have a small window of their life they can really cash-in and that's only if they're actually pretty good. They don't all go on to have endorsement deals and work on TV for years after their careers are over.

The situation sucks, but Kam needs to worry about Kam, no matter how selfish that may seem.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan I don't like seeing players hold out for more money, but I can't really blame them. They have a small window of their life they can really cash-in and that's only if they're actually pretty good. They don't all go on to have endorsement deals and work on TV for years after their careers are over.

The situation sucks, but Kam needs to worry about Kam, no matter how selfish that may seem.

This so called small window is usually about 8-10 years if they are 'pretty good'.
I don't buy into the 'really short career' talk, because many players play for 5 or more years and make $10 million or more. Kam is one of the really good ones, and he has already made more than $10 million in his 'short career'.
He has plenty of money to live off of, and would earn another 7+ million THIS year had he chosen to play.

The salary CAP keeps going up and players keep making more, and thus complain more.
The CAP is the cap, and if Kam makes more than he signed for, then someone else MUST make LESS.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The avg span of an nfl lcareer is about 4 yrs or less. I have no idea where you get get 8-10 years.

I don't blame Kam at all.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly just as the front office is always selfish and worry about themselves instead of players when they cut dudes as part of cap casualty

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This so called small window is usually about 8-10 years if they are 'pretty good'.
I don't buy into the 'really short career' talk, because many players play for 5 or more years and make $10 million or more. Kam is one of the really good ones, and he has already made more than $10 million in his 'short career'.
He has plenty of money to live off of, and would earn another 7+ million THIS year had he chosen to play.

The salary CAP keeps going up and players keep making more, and thus complain more.
The CAP is the cap, and if Kam makes more than he signed for, then someone else MUST make LESS.

The fact of the matter is that the length of the average NFL career is about 3.5 years, so yeah, their pro careers tend to be short. Obviously, better players tend to play longer, but that's assuming they don't suffer a career ending injury early in their career. Even if they don't, it's not like they usually receiving every penny of the deals they sign, and we freak out about, as if it's our money. They've all figured out guaranteed money is the name of the game, so that $100M contract is nice, but let's not ignore when only $55M is guaranteed. Let's also not lose sight of the fact that's it's far from abnormal for teams to go back to players that signed big contracts, and ask them to restructure... multiple times.

I'm sorry, but I don't feel remotely bad for any franchise facing this issue. These guys have every right to cash in as much as possible while they can. When this dude is 36 and out of the league, nobody is going to feel sorry for him. We'll claim he made more than enough, and we'll be on to the new next best thing. You know, after taxes, legal representation, etc., it's not like he's ever really going to have all the money we claim he does. He gets what's left, which isn't bad, but unfortunately for him, he doesn't get a 20 or 30 year gig out of this. A 12-14 year window still isn't that large in the grand scheme of life. This is another reason why he has to make the most out of this opportunity while he can. He owes it to himself and his family. The franchise and the fans will write his ass off the second he isn't producing, or even once he's pissed them off one too many times. He shouldn't spend one second thinking of settling for less to appease any of them.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these guys were making 200K per year, then yeah. These guys make millions and want more millions. I don't feel sorry for ANY athlete making only 7 million per year as opposed to said player wanting 10 million per year, regardless if he only get to play for 4 years.

This 3.5 year average is another stat blown way out of proportion.
100's of players play less than 1 year, these guys are replaced routinely, and are still calculated in the 3.5 year average. This statistic lies and doesn't represent the true yearly average of players that actually play. It's like counting substitute teachers into the teaching pool, then the average teacher has a teaching career of 3.5 years too.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam signed his contract then saw the millions they were willing to pay equal to lesser talent. He obviously feels he was given a raw deal. Now the Seahawks have to deal with the distraction. :L

I think the last player to hold out and miss game checks to ultimately force a trade was Carson Palmer. The difference is he played for a horrible Okland Raiders team with inept leadership. People to this day call Palmer a quitter, when in actuality, he got exactly what he set out to do. Kam is holding out on a SB contending team with great leadership. If he gets traded, he loses because that was not his goal. I actually commend the Seahawks for sticking to their guns. However if they drop to 0-2, there will be tremendous pressure from the fans to get something done.

BTW - I will laugh makes ass off if he gets traded to a team like the Bucs or jags.

I thought Palmer played for the Bengals when he held out?

Anyway at this point the Hawks are offering Kam $8.1 mil but he doesn't get out of bed for less than $9 mil. If that's the kind of bullshit he wants to pull I hope he gets traded to the Bucs or Jags. Might have to take a hit this year but like some have said if they cave now they're going to have to cave four times next year. Get something in return for him and get ready to draft a SS next year.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The avg span of an nfl lcareer is about 4 yrs or less. I have no idea where you get get 8-10 years.

I don't blame Kam at all.

I think he's saying 8-10 for a very good player, not just an average, run of the mill dude.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe that was the seahawks defense allowing the Rams to run all over the field wide open. They made the Rams offense look really good. Maybe they are but maybe somebody should try to cover someone. Kam's holdout is a major distraction as we have to hear about it every day on the local radio.

I think Kam screwed up. He got paid and a year later wants mo money. All the players want mo money. Ask Kam who Seattle should cut so he can be happy? Maybe ask his team mates to all cut some of their contracts so Kam can get his.
It will never end. If they give in to Kam, next season they will have the same crap from multiple players. I think this ends badly. Kam could end up being traded and one day will be wondering what happened. And Kam will go from being loved to being hated by Seattle fans.

Football players should get all they can. But once you sign a contract you should honor it for at least a couple seasons. If you want to renegotiate every year, than only sign a one year deal.

Agree totally. But as fans we forget it is all about me with the players. Rightly so in my opinion. Teams don't guarentee contracts and at the end of contracts they want to renegotiate or let the player walk. We love our players and our franchises much more than the players love their fans or franchises.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Send him NEs way.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Kam Chancelor, the Seahawks are missing a real leader on defense and it will cost them tomorrow in Green Bay.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Palmer played for the Bengals when he held out?

Anyway at this point the Hawks are offering Kam $8.1 mil but he doesn't get out of bed for less than $9 mil. If that's the kind of bullshit he wants to pull I hope he gets traded to the Bucs or Jags. Might have to take a hit this year but like some have said if they cave now they're going to have to cave four times next year. Get something in return for him and get ready to draft a SS next year.
That's what's being reported. No one know for sure. The reports from his rep is saying thar KC has made an effort yet tge Hawks are "low balling" him for 900k? Probably a good good PR move. But how much is being guarenteed/moved forward is more than likely the hold up.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far as the total dollar amount of the present contract Kam has signed. He doesn't want an increase in the dollar amount of said contract. He wants money that's scheduled to be paid at a later date (next year for instance) to be paid now (this year) as well as the monies he's already been fined for/will be fined for. To be returned back to him.

And WTF is Bobby Wagner runnin his mouth for? The Seahawks made him the NFL's highest paid MLB, at least till Luke K's present deal. Wagner should drink a big ol' glass of STFU juice and let Kam and the Hawks handle Kam and the Hawks.

And true, there is a cap and not everyone can get paid. If last week was any indication though. Kam might be one of those can't afford to lose players. If the Hawks can right the ship with Kam's replacement though. They can tell Kam to kick rocks.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly just as the front office is always selfish and worry about themselves instead of players when they cut dudes as part of cap casualty

You do know most cap casualties are due to the team cap being at or near it's limits. Many team are paying all they can to to players. Sure there are a couple of teams who refuse to spend but they are in the minority.