• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Legion of Boom or Region of Room?

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far as the total dollar amount of the present contract Kam has signed. He doesn't want an increase in the dollar amount of said contract. He wants money that's scheduled to be paid at a later date (next year for instance) to be paid now (this year) as well as the monies he's already been fined for/will be fined for. To be returned back to him.

And WTF is Bobby Wagner runnin his mouth for? The Seahawks made him the NFL's highest paid MLB, at least till Luke K's present deal. Wagner should drink a big ol' glass of STFU juice and let Kam and the Hawks handle Kam and the Hawks.

And true, there is a cap and not everyone can get paid. If last week was any indication though. Kam might be one of those can't afford to lose players. If the Hawks can right the ship with Kam's replacement though. They can tell Kam to kick rocks.

Wags made that comment after Wilson's deal, but before he signed his. I think the feeling in his camp was that the money wasn't going to be there for him.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand all the bitching the players have done since they all signed off on the CBA. Did noone actually read what they were signing?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wags made that comment after Wilson's deal, but before he signed his. I think the feeling in his camp was that the money wasn't going to be there for him.

Fair enough. The way I read it, or maybe mis-read it. It seemed like he commenting directly on Kam's situation.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know most cap casualties are due to the team cap being at or near it's limits. Many team are paying all they can to to players. Sure there are a couple of teams who refuse to spend but they are in the minority.
Exactly right. The pie is only so big, so if a player wants a bigger slice, that means someone else gets cut or get's a smaller spice or several players get smaller slices. Has nothing to do with greed from the front office, that's just crazy talk. If greed is involved it's the player wanting more, even if that means someone gets cut.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The avg span of an nfl lcareer is about 4 yrs or less. I have no idea where you get get 8-10 years.

I don't blame Kam at all.

I tried to explain it to "the smartest man on SportsHoopla" but he was reading very well.
I checked the first 8 alphabetical rosters and each team had between 8-14 players with 8 or more years of experience. These are the 'pretty good players'. Each team has another 10-20 players with 5-7 years of experience, and 9 chance are extremely high that these pretty good players will also make it past the 8-10 years.

Yes, each team has a number of low-priced less experienced players, and these players are often not in the league very long, thus THEY drive down the overall average.

The players like KAM that want more than their share and want to be 'the highest paid' player are usually the players that have longer careers, not 3.5 years. The 3.5 or 4 year average career number is a false statistic.

Pretty Good player (which was what the convo was about) play longer than 4 years on the average, more like 8-10+.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see how people react this sunday if Eileen Rodgers tears up seattle's secondary. He usually sucks against seattle but he is at home and they got all the revenge motivation in the world. If seattle loses, Kam can suck it and be traded. If seattle wins, Kam can suck it and be traded.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it REALLY hard to believe that JUST Kam transforms this D that let up 27 points (- punt return, not the same) is just THAT much more terrible without Kam. C'mon... all the key pieces were there. I think it was rust and the fact Earl/Richard were out most of the offseason, Mebane is coming off an ACL, Avril is coming off an ACL, and Cary is new to the scheme. Give me a break. Kam is going to transform a defense from average to #1? No....

It's a typical overreaction by everyone. And even if Seattle loses to GB of course the subject will come up, but it's GB. Rodgers is a great QB and he has some weapons for sure.

Kam is a leader and enforcer on D no doubt, but he's not going to (alone) elevate a D from 15th overall (let's say) to #1. C'mon.... I dunno if JJ Watt can even do that. Seattle just needs to wear off some rust. Green Bay is a bad team to do it against (face it, Seattle has a BRUTAL opener, against St. Louis whose line makes Seattle look like Swiss cheese and Green Bay with a potent offense). Wilson will not get the pressure he did in St. Louis and if he actually did THAT well and found Graham, he should punish GB defense decently.

I predicted a 13-10 loss to St. Louis week 1... I was obviously wrong, much higher scoring. Gonna predict a 27-24 Seattle win in GB though. We shall see if I have to eat crow!

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be pleasantly surprised if Seattle wins in GB. Still rooting for them but like you said, its Rodgers and he is at home. Kam has put the team in a difficult position. Pay him and its holdout city next season. Don't pay him and who knows how the locker room reacts.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it REALLY hard to believe that JUST Kam transforms this D that let up 27 points (- punt return, not the same) is just THAT much more terrible without Kam. C'mon... all the key pieces were there. I think it was rust and the fact Earl/Richard were out most of the offseason, Mebane is coming off an ACL, Avril is coming off an ACL, and Cary is new to the scheme. Give me a break. Kam is going to transform a defense from average to #1? No....

It's a typical overreaction by everyone. And even if Seattle loses to GB of course the subject will come up, but it's GB. Rodgers is a great QB and he has some weapons for sure.

Kam is a leader and enforcer on D no doubt, but he's not going to (alone) elevate a D from 15th overall (let's say) to #1. C'mon.... I dunno if JJ Watt can even do that. Seattle just needs to wear off some rust. Green Bay is a bad team to do it against (face it, Seattle has a BRUTAL opener, against St. Louis whose line makes Seattle look like Swiss cheese and Green Bay with a potent offense). Wilson will not get the pressure he did in St. Louis and if he actually did THAT well and found Graham, he should punish GB defense decently.

I predicted a 13-10 loss to St. Louis week 1... I was obviously wrong, much higher scoring. Gonna predict a 27-24 Seattle win in GB though. We shall see if I have to eat crow!

Kam alone I agree that is not enough to account for the 27 points. Could Dan Quinn being gone though be part of the equation as well? I remember Seattle fans almost being a little happy that Quinn was taking over for I think Gus Bradley and thought he really took this defense to a whole new level. Now I know this defense is still the master mind of Pete Carroll and it is why it has been so good even though coordinators keep leaving but I do think Quinn really helped boost this defense.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam alone I agree that is not enough to account for the 27 points. Could Dan Quinn being gone though be part of the equation as well? I remember Seattle fans almost being a little happy that Quinn was taking over for I think Gus Bradley and thought he really took this defense to a whole new level. Now I know this defense is still the master mind of Pete Carroll and it is why it has been so good even though coordinators keep leaving but I do think Quinn really helped boost this defense.

Quinn definitely was a better coordinator than Bradley IMO. Jury is still out on Richard. I'm not completely sure if the issue last week was due to poor scheming and play calling or just poor tackling. Obviously Kam being gone made a difference but I don't think it was as large as many seem to think.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn definitely was a better coordinator than Bradley IMO. Jury is still out on Richard. I'm not completely sure if the issue last week was due to poor scheming and play calling or just poor tackling. Obviously Kam being gone made a difference but I don't think it was as large as many seem to think.

From what I could tell communication in the backfield was what I would attribute to the biggest problems. I have never quite seen so many guys against the Seahawks running open. Front 7 wise they shut down the run game pretty well and got some pressure. The backfield though just was all over the place looking very confused. This is where I can see Kam being greatly missed in he always knew where he was supposed to be and was great at helping others to be in the right place as well. Coaching plays into this as well as the guys in the backfield just did not look prepared.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I could tell communication in the backfield was what I would attribute to the biggest problems. I have never quite seen so many guys against the Seahawks running open. Front 7 wise they shut down the run game pretty well and got some pressure. The backfield though just was all over the place looking very confused. This is where I can see Kam being greatly missed in he always knew where he was supposed to be and was great at helping others to be in the right place as well. Coaching plays into this as well as the guys in the backfield just did not look prepared.

That was definitely a big reason Foles had such a good game, but Cunningham was slipping defenders all day. They really could not tackle him for whatever reason.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was definitely a big reason Foles had such a good game, but Cunningham was slipping defenders all day. They really could not tackle him for whatever reason.

I still find the missed tackles to be a part of the miscommunication. When you are out of position from the beginning you are then trying to hustle to get back into position to then find you are at a bad angle already. I saw this in the Steelers/Patriots game as well where because of being out of position they just didn't have good angles and were trying so hard to correct their mistake that they not only took bad angles but also had terrible tackling form when they did get there.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Palmer played for the Bengals when he held out?

Anyway at this point the Hawks are offering Kam $8.1 mil but he doesn't get out of bed for less than $9 mil. If that's the kind of bullshit he wants to pull I hope he gets traded to the Bucs or Jags. Might have to take a hit this year but like some have said if they cave now they're going to have to cave four times next year. Get something in return for him and get ready to draft a SS next year.
You are right about Palmer. I got it backwards. Same difference though.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we signed him and got that contract for what it was i was shocked,the only blame is his agent and himself,,they could of got more then.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Region or Room? Are we doing Scooby Doo talk today?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Legion of Zoom ...
Chance zooming away on a motorbike ..