• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron is a free agent

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he could get more money from the cavs?

And hurt their chances in signing any potential help for him...

Not really, as they will be over the cap with him regardless of his pay. The only issue would be willingness to pay big luxury tax penalties.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STRANGER THINGS HAVEN'T HAPPENED OR YOU WOULD HAVE LISTED THEM.

Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown

Durant signs with the World Champions

Just two quick ones off the top of my head.

If you actually paid attention to basketball rather than tell us about your choice of dinner you'd know that.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he could get more money from the cavs?

And hurt their chances in signing any potential help for him...

The Cavs are already over the cap. Him taking a discount doesn't help at all, it just saves Dan Gilbert in Luxury Tax. If he's going to stay, he might as well cash out.

In otherwords Lebron could take a minimum salary and it wouldn't create any cap space for the team because the rest of the team is already over the cap. So there's no point in him taking less. Much like this year for Durant, the team is already over the cap, so there's no point in him taking less than a max deal, which he'll likely be getting.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are already over the cap. Him taking a discount doesn't help at all, it just saves Dan Gilbert in Luxury Tax. If he's going to stay, he might as well cash out.

In otherwords Lebron could take a minimum salary and it wouldn't create any cap space for the team because the rest of the team is already over the cap. So there's no point in him taking less. Much like this year for Durant, the team is already over the cap, so there's no point in him taking less than a max deal, which he'll likely be getting.

BOOM.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much like this year for Durant, the team is already over the cap, so there's no point in him taking less than a max deal, which he'll likely be getting.

...from the Lakers? :suds:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...from the Lakers? :suds:
a91f5c99f2e323651bb0932802e5ea4c.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actual photo of Dan Gilbert.

imagesweter.jpg

But even his deep pockets can't fix the mess the Cavs are in right now.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown

Durant signs with the World Champions

Just two quick ones off the top of my head.

If you actually paid attention to basketball rather than tell us about your choice of dinner you'd know that.
There were some people really surprised when Rick Fox came to the Lakers if I remember correctly - Gary Payton and Karl Malone coming to the Lakers for a million each - was a little odd to me. Ron Harper coming to the Lakers out of retirement?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were some people really surprised when Rick Fox came to the Lakers if I remember correctly - Gary Payton and Karl Malone coming to the Lakers for a million each - was a little odd to me. Ron Harper coming to the Lakers out of retirement?

I remember the day the Lakers signed Dwight Howard. Glorious. And they haven't been the same w/o him. Just think if the organization would have been nicer to him they could be the Warriors right now.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the day the Lakers signed Dwight Howard. Glorious. And they haven't been the same w/o him. Just think if the organization would have been nicer to him they could be the Warriors right now.
That was really a problem with two alpha males fighting for the same women - Dwight Howard wanted to be in control and wanted Kobe to retire or quit and Kobe was not going to walk away from a two year - 50 million dollar contract and win or lose - I wouldn't either. Actually the Lakers traded to Howard - he did not sign though