• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leary out a month with knee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think the connection is most would have rather had a guard in the 2nd round than a TE. If we had that guard, we may not be in the predicament we are in on the line right now. It was no secret guard was a weak point for us. TE wasn't. I get what he was saying.

Can you name one cowboy fan you know that wanted TE in the first three rounds?

Did you read this board the 4 weeks after the draft?

best news for some will be if we get injuries on the Dline.....we can all bring up the selection of TE then as well

Trust me here.....I get what he's saying too

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you name one cowboy fan you know that wanted TE in the first three rounds?

Did you read this board the 4 weeks after the draft?

best news for some will be if we get injuries on the Dline.....we can all bring up the selection of TE then as well

Trust me here.....I get what he's saying too

Then whats the problem?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then whats the problem?

nothing...you made a post on a topic and I differed.
no name calling....no nothing

now you did get aggressive with accusing me of talking shit when I think my post is dead on. I do not see the connection of a guard down for 2 to 4 weeks being a problem with a TE. Heck for all we know, Dallas woulda taken safety or DT than a guard in the second. Seeing how the draft played out, I'd say Callahan was just fine with what he had returning other than center.

How many teams do you think predict injuries when drafting?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing...you made a post on a topic and I differed.
no name calling....no nothing

now you did get aggressive with accusing me of talking shit when I think my post is dead on. I do not see the connection of a guard down for 2 to 4 weeks being a problem with a TE. Heck for all we know, Dallas woulda taken safety or DT than a guard in the second. Seeing how the draft played out, I'd say Callahan was just fine with what he had returning other than center.

How many teams do you think predict injuries when drafting?

No one can predict injuries. However, the Cowboys WR'S/TE's were considered among the NFL's best while their OL was considered one of the worst. Going into the draft, if Witten had a season ending injury, Hanna still isnt bad. If Dez got hurt, Austin and Harris wouldnt be the end of the world. If, on the other hand T Smith or Livings went down, Parnell and Arkin aren't great options

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If, on the other hand T Smith or Livings went down, Parnell and Arkin aren't great options"

That's been my point all along. While I agree with the direction you're going here....the Cowboys obviously didn't. The coaches on this team must think they have something to work with OR they woulda drafted more than a center after seeing what our line was last year

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If, on the other hand T Smith or Livings went down, Parnell and Arkin aren't great options"

That's been my point all along. While I agree with the direction you're going here....the Cowboys obviously didn't. The coaches on this team must think they have something to work with OR they woulda drafted more than a center after seeing what our line was last year

I agree with that totally. I don't doubt that Callahan told Jones they were good if they drafted Fredrick and Jones went with it. If he's right, we're in great shape. If he is wrong, and it costs us a game or two and the playoffs, Callahans head should be on the block beside Garretts

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that totally. I don't doubt that Callahan told Jones they were good if they drafted Fredrick and Jones went with it. If he's right, we're in great shape. If he is wrong, and it costs us a game or two and the playoffs, Callahans head should be on the block beside Garretts

I agree with that and posted it as well.

This season has more to do with what Callahan and to some degree our two new defensive coaches than anything Garrett. I think it will be a crime to see Garrett fired and Callahan promoted.

tell me again UK.....have we had another football discussion before this one?

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone's head deserves to be put on the chopping block, it should be Jerry's.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be a crime to see Garrett fired and Callahan promoted.

Like the crime against Wade that got lil red the job? :whistle:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no way....we will have to agree to disagree here....NO MOVEMENT HERE

Bum's Boy was all about entitlement and it came out in his players. The first sign was the press conference after NYG/Cabo and home field advantage lost. Wade hung his hat on "elite eight"
I coundn't stand that SOB from that day one.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that and posted it as well.

This season has more to do with what Callahan and to some degree our two new defensive coaches than anything Garrett. I think it will be a crime to see Garrett fired and Callahan promoted.

tell me again UK.....have we had another football discussion before this one?

Nope, not one. But I caught that comparison you made between me and eriko, and the last thing I want to do is be drawn into some pissing match

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Callahan were promoted, it would lead to Head Coaches in Dallas never being able to trust their Assistants. Phillips felt undermined by Garrett, and now JG is getting some poetic justice from Callahan

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, not one. But I caught that comparison you made between me and eriko, and the last thing I want to do is be drawn into some pissing match

who mentioned eriko? Not me....I haven't said two words to that guy for months.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Callahan were promoted, it would lead to Head Coaches in Dallas never being able to trust their Assistants. Phillips felt undermined by Garrett, and now JG is getting some poetic justice from Callahan

I don't think that's the case at all here....could be wrong.
How do you know this to be true?
No offense....but it's seems National Enquirer to me

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's the case at all here....could be wrong.
How do you know this to be true?
No offense....but it's seems National Enquirer to me

Come on PD, I know because Jerry calls me every night to fill me in. Just giving an opinion, something you seem to be good at too

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on PD, I know because Jerry calls me every night to fill me in. Just giving an opinion, something you seem to be good at too

agree to disagree again then

I'm not sure what to make of Callahan just yet. I tooted his horn last year with what he was working with only to be kinda shocked he only required a GOOD center while standing pat. across the oline. I don't think Garrett undermined anything unless you are saying he purposely called bad plays and bad schemes in general. (this was the National Enquirer reference) To me, Garrett has shown thus far the inability as the head coach to make in game adjustments along with questionable decisions at key moments of the game. I just don't think there is anything in Garrett's known character that would suggest he would undermine Bum's kid. Remember the jerry factor here, he hired garrett first and pronounced him a great young NFL mind destined to be a head coach

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didnt see that :bullshit:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the hot seat talk about Garrett. I think 9-7 and just a wild card and he stays another year.

He's growing as a coach. This team couldn't be flipped and turned in champions over night. We had a few great players during Wade's tenure but not many great TEAM players.

In Garrett's short time here he has changed the entire attitude in the locker room. What two years now going into the third since we had a Ed Werner secret informant from inside the Cowboys locker room starting drama in the media?

I've never been one that expected him to come in and win day one. I knew there was alot of shit wrong with this team that wasn't going to be fixed in one year much less 2 or 3.
I think arguements I'veheard was we should have kept Davis around, should have kept Flo around, should have kept Gurode around. Really they either aren't on the league or even starting right now for anyone. And you think we have cap issues now. Had we held on to them we would have really been fucked.

I've had a few issues with some of his play calling ..... icing his own kicker that ONE time. But I seriously think he has a vision for this team... One I agree with. IMO I hope he gets the chance to put the pieces into place before Jerry kicks the restart button.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lil red at least need a playoff win to justify keeping his gig:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.