• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leary out a month with knee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL are dropping like flies. Escobar better be the 2nd coming of Antonio Gates or there may be a lot of regrets for a team that might have made some noise with a better OL

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL are dropping like flies. Escobar better be the 2nd coming of Antonio Gates or there may be a lot of regrets for a team that might have made some noise with a better OL

Waters just got more leverage :gaah:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waters just got more leverage :gaah:

They need to pay the man. They could have cleared the room to sign Clabo, but with the money Jerry gave Free, I think they are hoping for a bounce back. Fredrick is doing a nice job, but this line was not one player away from respectability

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to pay the man. They could have cleared the room to sign Clabo, but with the money Jerry gave Free, I think they are hoping for a bounce back. Fredrick is doing a nice job, but this line was not one player away from respectability

Waters is waiting for camp to break, he will be donning the star soon enough...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to cut Cook now, will clear another 1MM to add to the cap and we can give that to Waters

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to cut Cook now, will clear another 1MM to add to the cap and we can give that to Waters

what is the difference doing it now or next Friday with regards to the cap?

I can appreciate your cap management abilities, but don't you think Dallas also has a pretty good understanding on how to manipulate the cap dollars to fill out a roster?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard 2 to 4 weeks and opening day is likely.
Maybe it's me but I don't see what a back up TE has to do with interior line play.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard 2 to 4 weeks and opening day is likely.
Maybe it's me but I don't see what a back up TE has to do with interior line play.

I think it has a lot to do with it when the backup TE was taken over other OL prospects when OL was in a far worse place than TE going into the draft. SF doubled up and took two OL in the 1st round a couple of years back. Worked out pretty well

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has a lot to do with it when the backup TE was taken over other OL prospects when OL was in a far worse place than TE going into the draft. SF doubled up and took two OL in the 1st round a couple of years back. Worked out pretty well

so we agree....nothing to do with interior line play

reminds me of a poster that just left the building a week or so ago.
I suppose you also think the Vikings have a soon to be all pro d-tackle/

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we agree....nothing to do with interior line play

reminds me of a poster that just left the building a week or so ago.
I suppose you also think the Vikings have a soon to be all pro d-tackle/

:wtf2: Do you just like starting shit with people?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is the difference doing it now or next Friday with regards to the cap?

I can appreciate your cap management abilities, but don't you think Dallas also has a pretty good understanding on how to manipulate the cap dollars to fill out a roster?
I think it is more of a ploy by Waters side than Dallas. If he waits to sign when they come back, then he doesn't have to go to Oxnard. I don't think Waters is in a hurry to jump into training camp. You see veterans pulling this move all the time.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is more of a ploy by Waters side than Dallas. If he waits to sign when they come back, then he doesn't have to go to Oxnard. I don't think Waters is in a hurry to jump into training camp. You see veterans pulling this move all the time.

that is 100% correct. It's been reported on all Dallas talk shows that Waters just wants two weeks of camp. I still think it's 50/50 we land this guy...no sure thing

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this is the case, I'd like to see them get the deal done and let him come in and just study the playbook for a week. All it would take is one starting OL to go down somewhere in this weeks preseason games to drive the price up

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2: Do you just like starting shit with people?

and since we're running our fingers across the keyboard here.
Can you point out any other post I've made towards you that was shit starting?
I don't recall any posts between me and UK Cowboy

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not at all but since it's a football discussion board....I just don't see the connection to the drafting of a back up tight end and a guard being out 2 to 4 weeks
What can I say, I thought our lack of depth on the OL would have warranted OL picks in the 2nd and 3rd(we had two) as well. I thought we were strong enough at WR/TE that Escobar/Williams were luxury picks

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not at all but since it's a football discussion board....I just don't see the connection to the drafting of a back up tight end and a guard being out 2 to 4 weeks
think the connection is most would have rather had a guard in the 2nd round than a TE. If we had that guard, we may not be in the predicament we are in on the line right now. It was no secret guard was a weak point for us. TE wasn't. I get what he was saying.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think the connection is most would have rather had a guard in the 2nd round than a TE. If we had that guard, we may not be in the predicament we are in on the line right now. It was no secret guard was a weak point for us. TE wasn't. I get what he was saying.

:suds:

Status
Not open for further replies.