• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lattimore to turn pro

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude should take a year off and just go to class and graduate, then go pro, if he's that close that is to graduating ........nevermind, I'm a dumbass thinking football players go to class

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly I'm surprised by this; not sure if he is close to graduating, but he's taking a big risk if he's not getting a diploma. He could've stayed, rehabbed with the doc (who is an excellent surgeon) and gotten his diploma prior to declaring and even built up some coaching credibility to fall back on. I hope it works out for him though, kid was a class act throughout his recruiting and even more so in college.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way he goes in the first two rounds unless he can workout and they find nothing else to spook scouts.

He's a 5th - 7th round pick if drafted at all. RB is a short term position, and too many teams get by with undrafted FAs and running by committee to spend that kind of money on a kid injured before he even shows up.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds like a risky gamble that has limited upside.

Why doesn't he stay in school and take a medical redshirt?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly I'm surprised by this; not sure if he is close to graduating, but he's taking a big risk if he's not getting a diploma. He could've stayed, rehabbed with the doc (who is an excellent surgeon) and gotten his diploma prior to declaring and even built up some coaching credibility to fall back on. I hope it works out for him though, kid was a class act throughout his recruiting and even more so in college.

There's no way he goes in the first two rounds unless he can workout and they find nothing else to spook scouts.

He's a 5th - 7th round pick if drafted at all. RB is a short term position, and too many teams get by with undrafted FAs and running by committee to spend that kind of money on a kid injured before he even shows up.

This sounds like a risky gamble that has limited upside.

Why doesn't he stay in school and take a medical redshirt?

I hear what you guys are saying, but put yourself in his shoes. You know he has dreamed of playing on Sundays since he first started playing football. I'm guessing he thinks this may be his best shot at fulfilling that dream. Can't blame him for that. YOLO

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell Willis McGahee there's no way he goes in the first round.

....and go ahead and discount all of the RBs with (multiple) knee injuries that were not drafted first day.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you guys are saying, but put yourself in his shoes. You know he has dreamed of playing on Sundays since he first started playing football. I'm guessing he thinks this may be his best shot at fulfilling that dream. Can't blame him for that. YOLO

Definitely can't blame him at all; that being said though, he could've just as easily spent his last year finishing his degree, helping coach and mentor the other RBs (and learning the coaching trade from one with tons of experience and success) and rehab with the team that did both his surgeries. A lot of upsides and a couple of pretty good fall backs if the NFL doesn't pan out :noidea:

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and go ahead and discount all of the RBs with (multiple) knee injuries that were not drafted first day.

No, you can't do that; too logical!