• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry Fitzgerald

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason the guy does not scare me. All you hear is how he is a hall of famer and if he only had a QB etc...i don't see it. At no point last night did I think ,oh man we have got to watch out if Larry gets loose in the open field ,never. He is having a decent season but hall of famer? I don't get it...

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind, he is in his 10th year, is nursing a hamstring problem and was going against a double team most of the night, but he has been a HOF WR throughout his career.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason the guy does not scare me. All you hear is how he is a hall of famer and if he only had a QB etc...i don't see it. At no point last night did I think ,oh man we have got to watch out if Larry gets loose in the open field ,never. He is having a decent season but hall of famer? I don't get it...

Fitz is awesome. He's done more with less than most receivers could imagine. He's getting a little older but he's still quality.

That hit he laid on Sherman last night was a thing of beauty. Too bad it happened to a Seahawk but still gotta give the man prop's for a hit like that. Shit, even Sherman was impressed and went over and congratulated Fitz for it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's hit 30 and his game is going to start slipping, but he's still one of the best #1s in the biz. Wish he was playing on the Seahawks. Guys talent has been wasted for years on the Cards with their musical QBs game. Palmer is a vast improvement over what they've had, but still a shame so much of his prime was wasted. Watching the instant chemistry RW and him had at the pro-bowl makes me wish badly he was playing for us. Fitz on this team and we'd probably be a lock for 3 out of the 5 next Lombardi trophies.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's getting a little long in the tooth but in his prime he was the best in the business. Some of the catches he used to make were absolutely amazing, leaping one handed catches in tight double coverage and stuff like that. Even though he's a divisional foe I've always been a fan of his. I've never seen a receiver make flying one handed grabs as routinely as he did.

He doesn't scare me anymore but he's HoF for sure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps4ApAtEKlM]Larry Fitzgerald One Hand Catch - Best incompletion - YouTube[/ame][YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

This one's incomplete but check out this one handed grab.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching a bunch of Fitzgerald Youtube videos just now bummed me out. Most of them are highlights of him torching us!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last night wasn't a great example of what Fitz can do. It's hard to play against one of the best secondaries in the business, facing double teams with both hamstrings being injured.

The last time Fitz played in a game where he didn't have a catch was against Buffalo in 2004. What makes that even more impressive is that is who has been throwing the ball. The non-Kurt Warner starters for the Cardinals in that time are:

Matt Leinart (17)
Derek Anderson (16)
Kevin Kolb (14)
Josh McCown (12)
John Skelton (10)
Ryan Lindley (4)
Max Hall (3)
Shaun King (2)
Brian Hoyer (1)
John Navarre (1)

Now that's a who's who of underachievers and never-weres. His numbers right now may not be Hall of Fame worthy, but given a decent QB, he could still put up great stuff when healthy. Oh, and from 2005 to 2009 (years with Kurt Warner) he averaged 93 catches, 1257 yards 10 TDs.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz is awesome. He's done more with less than most receivers could imagine. He's getting a little older but he's still quality.

That hit he laid on Sherman last night was a thing of beauty. Too bad it happened to a Seahawk but still gotta give the man prop's for a hit like that. Shit, even Sherman was impressed and went over and congratulated Fitz for it.

Not only were both his hits good, they were professional and clean. He could have taken Sherman's head off if wanted to. He basically stood his ground and gave him a little pop. Huge respect for Fitz.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only were both his hits good, they were professional and clean. He could have taken Sherman's head off if wanted to. He basically stood his ground and gave him a little pop. Huge respect for Fitz.

I noticed that, he really could of fucked up Sherman....classy move for sure.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly doesn't scare you anymore like a Calvin Johnson or D. Thomas does but do you guys remember Fitz in his prime during that superbowl run!?

He had 546 yds and 7 tds in 4 playoff games. That was a Jerry Rice GOAT like stretch that was spoiled by Santonio Holmes catching that GW td.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I was such a Trufant fan back in those days. He had to cover Isaac Bruce, Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald all in their primes and he still made it to the pro bowl.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that, he really could of fucked up Sherman....classy move for sure.

Can't believe I am writing this, but I thought Sherman's reaction was pretty classy too. That could have really pissed him off and he could have reacted poorly. Maybe it was because it was Fitz and he is hard to get mad at. Clearly some respect between two of the best players at their positions in the league.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not totally healthy right now... He's playing at about 65-70 percent... Larry is the best receiver in football period...Just go look back at how he played when 100 percent especially with a good qb like Warner throwing to him... He also made a circus catch to beat us a couple years back that was ridiculous...

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fitz were on the Seahawks he would be the best WR you had, even if Percy was healthy. Same can be said for Niners with healthy Crabtree.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe I am writing this, but I thought Sherman's reaction was pretty classy too. That could have really pissed him off and he could have reacted poorly. Maybe it was because it was Fitz and he is hard to get mad at. Clearly some respect between two of the best players at their positions in the league.

Fitz and Sherman have contributed to each other's fund raisers and have a healthy respect for each other. They do not talk smack to each other. Sherm will generally only talk smack when someone disrespects him with smack talk or the idiot on ESPN who doesn't think he is even close to Revis' talent.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, looks like all of us respect Fitz. On our side LOB matches up well against Fitz and the sub par QBs that have been throwing him the ball.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can only wonder if Fitz had a top notch QB throwing to him his whole career what kind of numbers he would have put up. His playoff run with Warner was insane. He's definitely past his prime but he still has some fuel in the tank. Class act and future Hall of Famer.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fitz is a bad ass. Top 10 all time greatest WR hands. Football speed and as
athletic of a receiver as you'll ever see.

Fitz is da' man. :nod:

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did some you tube homework....he is amazing. I gotta learn to think before i post....lol.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Fitz came up to Tacoma to play in Sherm's charity softball game last summer. The two must know each other and have some mutual respect for that to happen.