• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Landry jones

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not enough experience to be considered a viable backup option. He would need to walk on water in his first week with the team in order to unseat Landry.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MISKO

This explains it... Damn, I'm surprised they didn't sign 2 QBs after hearing that news!

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
The 9ers signed Christian Ponder, as a late backup.
He played last night, and had a pretty good game.
Why wasn't he on the radar?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 9ers signed Christian Ponder, as a late backup.
He played last night, and had a pretty good game.
Why wasn't he on the radar?
Didn't know he was available? The FO probably knew though. My guess... They are still content over relying on Landry Jones to be the QB2. Even after injuries to Gradkowski & Vaughan they still only sign a raw prospect that only has 1 year of preseason experience. That to me is clear evidence that Landry isn't going anywhere.

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
Didn't know he was available? The FO probably knew though. My guess... They are still content over relying on Landry Jones to be the QB2. Even after injuries to Gradkowski & Vaughan they still only sign a raw prospect that only has 1 year of preseason experience. That to me is clear evidence that Landry isn't going anywhere.

Guess we just have to hope the FO knows what the hell they're doing.......

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the "trade with the Chiefs" idea... They have 5 QBs all worthy of consideration. Only 3 of them will make the team. So if trading isn't an option, they can wait to see who falls?

If we're talking about QB3...I like Aaron Murray the best as a long term back up, but I wouldn't want to trade for him. I hate to say this but imo Vick would be my choice from the article. He knows most of the OFC, he can still throw it, I think they can win a game or two with Vick running the show...anymore than 3, and we'll be talking about QB3 because Vick will get hurt.

Even if they got Vick, I still might look at one of the young non-survivors from KC as QB3/2.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they got Vick, I still might look at one of the young non-survivors from KC as QB3/2.

I'd forsake Vick in favor of a young guy. Hell, Landry arguably outplayed Vick last year, and I don't think many people think Landry has the brightest of futures. Might as well roll the dice at this point on a young guy, would be my vote.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd forsake Vick in favor of a young guy. Hell, Landry arguably outplayed Vick last year, and I don't think many people think Landry has the brightest of futures. Might as well roll the dice at this point on a young guy, would be my vote.

Vick went 2-1, Landry 1-1 as starters LY...took a lot more sacks, but fewer turnovers, pretty close, but Vick edged him I think.

That said, I'm with you on youth...I'd rather a young guy that hopefully can play more than one or two games if needed.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot damn gents, Zach Mettenberger was released today!!!

Any chance PIT grabs him?

Also saw the Brownies released Austin Davis.

@ATL96Steeler @SteelersPride

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would...but I can see DAL jumping on him though...apparently some trade talks were going on.
Heard that. But apparently the ransom was too much for Jerrah. I bet they make a run at him, but doubtful he'd be given the chance to play given the emergence of Prescott. Just depends on what Mettenberger wants. If he's comfortable being a backup then he would be stupid not to consider Pittsburgh because of the job stability.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard that. But apparently the ransom was too much for Jerrah. I bet they make a run at him, but doubtful he'd be given the chance to play given the emergence of Prescott. Just depends on what Mettenberger wants. If he's comfortable being a backup then he would be stupid not to consider Pittsburgh because of the job stability.

I know that TN was looking to turn everything over to Mariota. With the huge investment made with the 2nd overall pick I guess I understand tailoring the OFC to his skill set which probably wasn't the same for Mett...making him expendable...why it didn't workout in SD as a backup is a little more baffling so I'm wondering what's up with him?

I'd still take a run at him, certainly as a QB3, but doubtful he'd run out Landry out of QB2 at this point.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another kid I like...Tyler Bray...KC still has a boatload of QBs and will have to release at least 2 of them if they can't work out a trade.

Bray is a little on the thin side, but big arm, 6'6"...can spin it.