• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mac Jones traded to Jacksonville

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Mahomes would look pedestrian if Patricia was his OC. They somehow managed to not upgrade when he left.

I don't think Jones was ever going to be elite, but his collapse after his rookie year is a Patriots failure, not his. They left him so devoid of talent and coaching it was like watching pre-Holmes Lions.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Mahomes would look pedestrian if Patricia was his OC. They somehow managed to not upgrade when he left.

I don't think Jones was ever going to be elite, but his collapse after his rookie year is a Patriots failure, not his. They left him so devoid of talent and coaching it was like watching pre-Holmes Lions.
I agree that the Pats failed Jones. I also never felt Jones was going to be elite, but I felt like he would be decent in the right circumstance. The Pats though were not it, they failed Jones miserably.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Bears' fans are still thinking a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Fields?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26 posts and None about what it took him.......................

Ron Simmons Reaction GIF

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who might be breathing the biggest sigh of relief? The AZ Cardinals. There were a number of mocks and opinions from various sports site that had the Pats taking MHJ with the #3 pick. Now it's pretty much etched in Stone that they'll be taking one of the top 3 QBs.
They still have Murray.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best offer was a 6th round ?

I still think with some maturity he can have a second chance and career.

Pats likely building a trade package with this adder.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have Murray.
I think my post was a bit confusing the way I worded it. I was referring to the Pats, having traded Jones, will now undoubtedly go for a QB at the 3 spot, leaving the door open for the Cards to take MHJ with the 4th pick.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my post was a bit confusing the way I worded it. I was referring to the Pats, having traded Jones, will now undoubtedly go for a QB at the 3 spot, leaving the door open for the Cards to take MHJ with the 4th pick.
Oh ok.

Got it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Pats get a 6th for Mac and Bears' fans still think Fields will net them a 3rd.

First off, Fields is considerably better than Jones, so you can cut that nonsense. But there aren't that many Bears fans, at least not lately, who feel we can still get a 3rd. We can hope, but I doubt anyone is betting serious coin on it happening.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Fields is considerably better than Jones, so you can cut that nonsense. But there aren't that many Bears fans, at least not lately, who feel we can still get a 3rd. We can hope, but I doubt anyone is betting serious coin on it happening.
How is Fields “considerably better“ than Jones? Jones at least played in one playoff game, Fields has never sniffed the playoffs. Fields is not a good passer at all, he’s basically a RB, for some reason some people act like a QB who can run better than they can throw is some great player and that’s bullshit, a QB’s main job is to pass. Fields and Jones have looked like busts.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Fields “considerably better“ than Jones? Jones at least played in one playoff game, Fields has never sniffed the playoffs. Fields is not a good passer at all, he’s basically a RB, for some reason some people act like a QB who can run better than they can throw is some great player and that’s bullshit, a QB’s main job is to pass. Fields and Jones have looked like busts.
Well Fields has a considerably stronger arm in addition to his running abilities, but yeah neither has looked good.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Fields has a considerably stronger arm in addition to his running abilities, but yeah neither has looked good.
Both have looked like busts given how highly they were drafted - but Jones is a better passer IMO, even with the mediocre receivers he‘s had in NE he put up okay numbers, better than Fields, he’s thrown for more yards and TD‘s than Fields in roughly the same amount of games, although it’s true that Fields hasn’t had much talent around him either. Both QBs went into rather shitty situations, but neither has been impressive.
I’ll never get the hype surrounding QBs that are better runners than passers - Fields is inaccurate, inconsistent and averages well under 200 passing yards a game over the course of his career, which is pretty dismal. It‘s strange to me that Fields is considered someone who could be a franchise QB while Jones is labeled a bust by everyone. Fields isn’t good enough to be a franchise QB.