• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mac Jones traded to Jacksonville

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both have looked like busts given how highly they were drafted - but Jones is a better passer IMO, even with the mediocre receivers he‘s had in NE he put up okay numbers, better than Fields, he’s thrown for more yards and TD‘s than Fields in roughly the same amount of games, although it’s true that Fields hasn’t had much talent around him either. Both QBs went into rather shitty situations, but neither has been impressive.
I’ll never get the hype surrounding QBs that are better runners than passers - Fields is inaccurate, inconsistent and averages well under 200 passing yards a game over the course of his career, which is pretty dismal. It‘s strange to me that Fields is considered someone who could be a franchise QB while Jones is labeled a bust by everyone. Fields isn’t good enough to be a franchise QB.
QBs like Josh Allen for example start out as running QBs but become passers with the right coaching staff. That's the hope basically for QBs like Fields. He has the arm strength just needs to learn how to read defenses better and how to go through progressions better.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Fields is considerably better than Jones, so you can cut that nonsense. But there aren't that many Bears fans, at least not lately, who feel we can still get a 3rd. We can hope, but I doubt anyone is betting serious coin on it happening.

There is no nonsense coming from me. I'll state it again, just like I did on the Bears board, a 4th rounder probably in the later half of the round is about what he will net the Bears and a 5th would probably net more suitors. He has played more than enough games that he should understand where the ball should go based on the defense presented to him. So far he does that sometimes, and that's not good enough. That tells me that he either didn't get good coaching or he doesn't understand the game from his position. It might be both, but the Bears will need to get a team that believes he hasn't received good coaching and they can fix his issues.

I will also add that the market isn't great for guys that have the issues he's has shown. Take a look at what failed QBs net other teams...it's a 4th to 6th round pick...that's the market no matter what you believe how he compares to Mac Jones, Sam Darnold or any other QB in his position.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Fields “considerably better“ than Jones? Jones at least played in one playoff game, Fields has never sniffed the playoffs. Fields is not a good passer at all, he’s basically a RB, for some reason some people act like a QB who can run better than they can throw is some great player and that’s bullshit, a QB’s main job is to pass. Fields and Jones have looked like busts.

Fields has had the respect of his teammates. I cannot say the same for Jones.

Jones' ceiling for what he could do was Kirk Cousins. And that's if he showed that he could be a reliable leader. He didn't. Actually he got worse and more petulant as his career went on.

That's why he's now a backup, while Fields will at the very least be competing for a job.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields has had the respect of his teammates. I cannot say the same for Jones.

Jones' ceiling for what he could do was Kirk Cousins. And that's if he showed that he could be a reliable leader. He didn't. Actually he got worse and more petulant as his career went on.

That's why he's now a backup, while Fields will at the very least be competing for a job.

I wonder if that job will be in Minnesota.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the Bears would trade within the division unless the Vikings blew them away. Which we don't have the draft ammunition to do.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Bears would trade within the division unless the Vikings blew them away. Which we don't have the draft ammunition to do.
You’d get more than Fields for the 11th pick.

42nd might do it tbh.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Fields “considerably better“ than Jones? Jones at least played in one playoff game, Fields has never sniffed the playoffs. Fields is not a good passer at all, he’s basically a RB, for some reason some people act like a QB who can run better than they can throw is some great player and that’s bullshit, a QB’s main job is to pass. Fields and Jones have looked like busts.
Rush Limbaugh was right about [donovan mcnabb]

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't a lot of Vikings fans that don't deserve Fields after the shit they've said about Kirk Cousins. Please God make it happen.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they would love to saddle their division foe with an incompetent quarterback that has the support of internet clowns and media clowns a like.

He can set them waaaay back.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who might be breathing the biggest sigh of relief? The AZ Cardinals. There were a number of mocks and opinions from various sports site that had the Pats taking MHJ with the #3 pick. Now it's pretty much etched in Stone that they'll be taking one of the top 3 QBs.

Could still be the team to trade for Fields I guess? QB options are drying up, and I doubt they can get Cousins unless they pull out a Browns/Watson kind of offer.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they would love to saddle their division foe with an incompetent quarterback that has the support of internet clowns and media clowns a like.

2023 per game stats:

Fields: (13 games), 61.4%, 197 yards passing, 6.9 y/att, 1.23 TD passing, .69 INT, 3.4 sacks, 50.5 yards rushing, .31 rushing TD, .23 fum
Hurts: (17 games), 65.4%, 227 yards passing, 7.2 y/att, 1.35 TD passing, .88 INT, 2.1 sacks, 35.6 yards rushing, .88 rushing TD, .35 fum

How much of the difference is the o-line and the tush-push?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2023 per game stats:

Fields: (13 games), 61.4%, 197 yards passing, 6.9 y/att, 1.23 TD passing, .69 INT, 3.4 sacks, 50.5 yards rushing, .31 rushing TD, .23 fum
Hurts: (17 games), 65.4%, 227 yards passing, 7.2 y/att, 1.35 TD passing, .88 INT, 2.1 sacks, 35.6 yards rushing, .88 rushing TD, .35 fum

How much of the difference is the o-line and the tush-push?
Until you posted these stats I hadn't realized that Hurts sorry ass season last year was so much better than Fields best season.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's fair if that's what you think of Fields.