• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Vs Warriors Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured the Lakers would lose to the Warriors considering the Lakers are still pretty green with the rookies, but I really like how the young guys have developed quickly and are coming together. I know some in here don't like Scott, but I think he deserves a little credit for developing Randle and Russell, not to mention that Brown and Nance are getting better along with Clarkson. I really think that the Lakers will be a better team even if they don't get any free agents. The good part is that the Lakers will have five really good players that are improving and even one or two free agents would make the Lakers a team for the playoffs.

I don't expect the Lakers to be contenders by next year at this time, but I think it's possible in a couple of years

I agree TLF but I think Scott will eventually be replaced because his offense is suspect. If the youngsters begin to win, Scott's departure will be a moot point but if they continue to lose going forward, Scott will be replaced because income by fans will begin to dwindle and that gets any owner's attention especially the Buss brats.

All things considered. I give Byron a solid C right now. Not as good as the A or B we were hoping for, but not as bad as the D- or F that I would have given him earlier in the season.

In his HC career, Byron has shown a propensity to develop young players (especially guards) and both CP3 and Kyrie Irving give him a lot of credit for their development.

Where he seems to come up short though is carrying it all the way through to being a playoff/championship caliber team. The youngsters seem to be responding to his coaching (even if it sometimes seems overly harsh) and have started to look better for longer periods of time.

I think that unless he does something completely stupid, he will be kept for at least 2 more seasons to see how well he can continue to develop the young guys and what he can do with any FA's the Lakers may get. If the Lakers aren't significantly better by the end of 2017-18, then I think he'll be gone.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things considered. I give Byron a solid C right now. Not as good as the A or B we were hoping for, but not as bad as the D- or F that I would have given him earlier in the season.

In his HC career, Byron has shown a propensity to develop young players (especially guards) and both CP3 and Kyrie Irving give him a lot of credit for their development.

Where he seems to come up short though is carrying it all the way through to being a playoff/championship caliber team. The youngsters seem to be responding to his coaching (even if it sometimes seems overly harsh) and have started to look better for longer periods of time.

I think that unless he does something completely stupid, he will be kept for at least 2 more seasons to see how well he can continue to develop the young guys and what he can do with any FA's the Lakers may get. If the Lakers aren't significantly better by the end of 2017-18, then I think he'll be gone.
Yeah, I agree because you got to give the guy a fighting chance and the Lakers situation reminds me of my first auto shop class I took in High School back in 1977. The mechanic that taught the class told us that if you try to make a chicken pie with chicken shit - you will have a chicken shit pie and you won't have a chicken pie. His point was use quality parts when you repair your automobile - don't use chicken shit parts like what Kragen use sell or O'riley. The Lakers had a bunch of zero's thrown together quickly because they failed in free agency. Scott did not handle Kobe, an aging player very well, but acknowledges he has made mistakes. As long as he learns from his errors and develops into a better coach - he will be okay.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My retort:

F.

:suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch has already said it's almost impossible to develop the youngsters while it's Kobe's last season.

And fuck it, let the Mamba have his final moments! We're not going to win anything this year so give Kobe the respect he deserves.

Playing with one of the best players in the history of the league will be good development for Russell, Clarkson and Randle anyway.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch has already said it's almost impossible to develop the youngsters while it's Kobe's last season.

And fuck it, let the Mamba have his final moments! We're not going to win anything this year so give Kobe the respect he deserves.

Playing with one of the best players in the history of the league will be good development for Russell, Clarkson and Randle anyway.
So he cant play russell and randel because of kobe's fairwell tour? So in your world f the team and young players, just give the ball to kobe and watch. Kobe deserves the tour. You can have both. Limit kobe's minutes and start russell and randle. Scott is the one not starting the young guys. He made that call.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I personally believe that the youngsters have been getting developed about as good as possible given the circumstances. Kobe has backed off quite a bit and let them develop. Randle, Clarkson and Russell are getting better with each game and Kobe is giving them limited minutes for the fans. For the record some seats jumped from $195 per ticket to $1500 because Kobe announced his retirement, so considering some fans paid $1500 just to see Kobe play one last time, Mitch has a point. The NBA is about entertainment and mon

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is about entertainment and money - the NBA would not be happy about seeing fans pay out that money only to see Kobe sit.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is about entertainment and money - the NBA would not be happy about seeing fans pay out that money only to see Kobe sit.
You miss the point. No one is saying to sit kobe. Just let the young players start with him. I don't think Scott is doing what is best for the young players. The nba does not give a rats ass about what fans want. They don't seem to mind when coaches sit healthy players that fans paid money to see.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fat F. Play the youngsters.

Uh, they have been. They've been playing close to 30 minutes per game. Left them in for the entire comeback last night. That whole "Scott isn't playing them enough" isn't an issue anymore. Have you not been watching?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell is now getting practically as many minutes as the other top picks of his draft class. He's getting some end of game experience. He's playing a lot of his minutes with Randle. I don't think Byron is a good coach but he's doing a better job of balancing the youth development and the Kobe fairwell tour.

Kobe is helping too by being injured and taking games off. :dhd:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is helping too by being injured and taking games off. :dhd:

And by just sitting out and watching the show when the young guys are rolling like last night. When Russell went down with the ankle, I thought sure Kobe would go back in, but Sweet Lou went in instead.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he cant play russell and randel because of kobe's fairwell tour? So in your world f the team and young players, just give the ball to kobe and watch. Kobe deserves the tour. You can have both. Limit kobe's minutes and start russell and randle. Scott is the one not starting the young guys. He made that call.

Players need to know what it's like to start and come off the bench. If you had any basketball experience you'd know that. Scott is rotating the roster so Nance Jr and occasionally Brown get starting experience too. And through this Nance has become a top 10 rookie this year.

Seriously, why the fuck are you even here?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players need to know what it's like to start and come off the bench. If you had any basketball experience you'd know that. Scott is rotating the roster so Nance Jr and occasionally Brown get starting experience too. And through this Nance has become a top 10 rookie this year.

Seriously, why the fuck are you even here?

Exactly. Part of being a professional athlete is learning to be ready to play at all times. That includes being a starter, coming off the bench, etc. It's also about learning to play with everyone on your team whether starter or not.

No one was happy with the amount of playing time some of the youngsters, particularly Russell and Randle were getting earlier in the season. However, over the past few weeks, we have seen all of the young guys playing a lot more and Russell and Randle are playing near starters minutes. As @lakersrule pointed out, they are getting end of game experience too.

I get not being particularly happy with Byron, I don't think any of us are thinking he's the next Phil. But anyone who thinks Russell and Randle aren't playing, not only isn't watching games, they aren't even looking at box scores.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Part of being a professional athlete is learning to be ready to play at all times. That includes being a starter, coming off the bench, etc. It's also about learning to play with everyone on your team whether starter or not.

No one was happy with the amount of playing time some of the youngsters, particularly Russell and Randle were getting earlier in the season. However, over the past few weeks, we have seen all of the young guys playing a lot more and Russell and Randle are playing near starters minutes. As @lakersrule pointed out, they are getting end of game experience too.

I get not being particularly happy with Byron, I don't think any of us are thinking he's the next Phil. But anyone who thinks Russell and Randle aren't playing, not only isn't watching games, they aren't even looking at box scores.
Here is my take: If there was a better coach available I would agree about dumping Scott but there isn't so what would be the point. It's a process that takes time and Scott has a proven record in developing talent so I I say give the dude a chanzcw

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUO isTE="trojanfan12, post: 7824625, member: 4091"]Exactly. Part of being a professional athlete is learning to be ready to play at all times. That includes being a starter, coming off the bench, etc. It's also about learning to play with everyone on your team whether starter or not.

Here is my take: If there was a better coach available I would agree about dumping Scott but there isn't so what would be the point. It's a process that takes time and Scott has a proven record in developing talent so I I say give the dude a chanzcw

There are TONS of coaches better than Byron Scott. Maybe you just don't know it because the font size on the available coaches list is too small

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are TONS of coaches better than Byron Scott. Maybe you just don't know it because the font size on the available coaches list is too small
Okay then, I will make this easy for you. Name the top five coaches that are available and willing to coach this Lakers team, but I want the criteria you're using to determine why they are better. What are their credentials?

Status
Not open for further replies.