• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA: They Are Who We Thought They Were

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which owner do you guys think is shitting his pants more?

Kroenke, who is actually funding the $3 billion dollar project but has 50+ years history in LA, including a move away from there because support was dwindling.

or Spanos, who has few fans outside of San Diego, is probably not even the top 5 favorite team in LA, and even though he tarps seats in a soccer stadium he can't fill it up. Returning to SD is not an option for him, as most SD fans would still not break their wallets out if he's still the owner.

My guess is Spanos. Kroenke could flush 3 billion down the toilet and still be wealthy. Spanos is a laughing stock and his NFL team is about 90% of his wealth.
They should force Spanos to sell for being such a fucking idiot

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mexico City is the same as London. A stupid move. Players won't want to move to either.

Toronto has CFL. If they wanted American football, they shouldn't being playing with their meme rules.

Keep the NFL in the US or risk alienating fans even further. It's like they want to shoot themselves in the foot every chance they get.

"Hey we've botched a few relocations"
"but what if we move a team across the border or overseas?"

I completely agree with you, but... dollars now > long-term sense

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I've been calling him Jared Goof for a while, but he's certainly been productive, albeit against some terrible teams. That said, Seattle could barely muster 12 points at home against the terrible 49ers. But the 49ers terrible offense somehow got 39 points.

I dunno, this was the weirdest game I've ever watched. Two allegedly terrible teams that.... did stuff?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friend told me the Chargers want $114 for nosebleed seats. This could be the real reason they are only getting 20k at the Carson stadium.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friend told me the Chargers want $114 for nosebleed seats. This could be the real reason they are only getting 20k at the Carson stadium.

Not really nosebleed seats in a stadium that small! :heh:

I saw someone selling tickets to the Eagles game on FB. Son is an Eagles fan so I took a look, wanted $200 each. I noped right the fuck out.