• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA: They Are Who We Thought They Were

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there was a committee that's used to see if there should be a vote for relocation and that committee voted against. But the NFL is corrupt so...

Are you saying the relocation committee voted against Kroenke leaving? Not saying it didn't happen, but I haven't seen that anywhere.

The general tone seemed to be stadiums, the owners wanted every city to have a modern venue if possible...the NFL wanted an upgrade as much as Kroenke did...IDK what STL response was about a stadium upgrade, but once all these feasibility studies about LA stadium sites started floating around, the doors were open for a move.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you do have to admit there is more to do in Los Angeles, than Green Bay. Some people want to do other things, other than go to a NFL game.

LA sells out...

82 Dodgers home games
82 Angels home games

41 Lakers home games
41 Clippers home games

41 Kings home games
>90% Ducks home games

8 NFL home games?...

960x0.jpg

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA sells out...

82 Dodgers home games
82 Angels home games

41 Lakers home games
41 Clippers home games

41 Kings home games
>90% Ducks home games

8 NFL home games?...

960x0.jpg
I can't answer that question, except the NFL plays one game a week and there tickets are very expensive, compared to a baseball game. Also a Laker basketball game draws 17-18 thousands compared to a Ram game of 50/60 thousands.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA sells out...

82 Dodgers home games
82 Angels home games

41 Lakers home games
41 Clippers home games

41 Kings home games
>90% Ducks home games

8 NFL home games?...

960x0.jpg

Wow - I sure hope that this picture was taken before the game or halftime (doesn't appear to be). That is just frightening for an opening game in a 30k stadium (the Dolphins fans alone should be able to fill a good deal of the stadium).

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA sells out...

82 Dodgers home games
82 Angels home games

41 Lakers home games
41 Clippers home games

41 Kings home games
>90% Ducks home games

8 NFL home games?...

960x0.jpg

Not exactly. Dodgers and Angels averages were both just over 80% capacity last year. Dodgers had a playoff game with tickets going for like $10 because no one was going.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly. Dodgers and Angels averages were both just over 80% capacity last year. Dodgers had a playoff game with tickets going for like $10 because no one was going.

No MLB team sells out every game; yes that was a bit of an exaggeration. However, the Dodgers and Angels are routinely at the top of Major League Baseball in attendance, which still fully supports my point that LA supports other sports well.

2017 MLB Attendance - Major League Baseball - ESPN

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No MLB team sells out every game; yes that was a bit of an exaggeration. However, the Dodgers and Angels are routinely at the top of Major League Baseball in attendance, which still fully supports my point that LA supports other sports well.

2017 MLB Attendance - Major League Baseball - ESPN

Recently, yeah. Not the Dodgers so much, but the Angels weren't really drawing crowds until they won the WS in 2002. Winning cures everything though.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Rams will be fine as they already had somewhat of a pre-established fanbase from their time in LA and they are a team that so far appears to be trending in the right direction.

Chargers are going to have a real tough go of it because like the Rams there is still an established Raider fandom in LA that could never root for a divisional rival and people from San Diego/Southern part of Orange County typically don't care for LA and vice versa.

Both are going to need time before they become adopted because there exists a huge amount of football fans but they are fans of other teams. Just where I work there are 2 guys that are Chiefs fans, 1 guy's a Steelers fan, another is a Packers fan, and I'm a 49ers fan myself.

If the Angels are any indication you're going to need around 2 generations before a team really takes root in SoCal. You need a generation that's a fan of the Rams/Chargers to pass that fandom onto their kids and then in successive generation that fandom will just increase more and more.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams will be fine as they already had somewhat of a pre-established fanbase from their time in LA and they are a team that so far appears to be trending in the right direction.

Chargers are going to have a real tough go of it because like the Rams there is still an established Raider fandom in LA that could never root for a divisional rival and people from San Diego/Southern part of Orange County typically don't care for LA and vice versa.

Both are going to need time before they become adopted because there exists a huge amount of football fans but they are fans of other teams. Just where I work there are 2 guys that are Chiefs fans, 1 guy's a Steelers fan, another is a Packers fan, and I'm a 49ers fan myself.

If the Angels are any indication you're going to need around 2 generations before a team really takes root in SoCal. You need a generation that's a fan of the Rams/Chargers to pass that fandom onto their kids and then in successive generation that fandom will just increase more and more.

Exactly! People need to be patient. You can't expect a team to go to a city, that haven't had a team in 20 years with people being fans of other teams, to automatically start selling out.

You also have to wait until the new stadium is done in Inglewood.

One last thing, this is not a LA thing, it's a team thing. If this was the Raiders back in LA, then the stadium would've been full. This is a Raiders city.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bloody hail there's a reason LA originally lost their two teams in the first place. :doh:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know how you secure a loan like that?

By having assets.

Back to square 1. It was Stan's daddy in law that made it possible.

Really irrelevant argument though.

Irrelevant because it doesn't support your rantings.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bloody hail there's a reason LA originally lost their two teams in the first place. :doh:

One was the Raiders, who only used LA as leverage for a stadium deal in Oakland. The second was an idiot widow owner lured by cash and a stadium deal from St Louis that they couldn't uphold. Rams' attendance only struggled in LA the first time when Frontiere took over and immediately started driving the franchise downward.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't mind walking a couple blocks, parking is FREE for Packer games.
Pretty much everyone who lives near Lambeau charges $15 or so for parking on their yard. It's not a bad price but the ticket prices are still very expensive.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! People need to be patient. You can't expect a team to go to a city, that haven't had a team in 20 years with people being fans of other teams, to automatically start selling out.

You also have to wait until the new stadium is done in Inglewood.

One last thing, this is not a LA thing, it's a team thing. If this was the Raiders back in LA, then the stadium would've been full. This is a Raiders city.

I think that your pt is well taken for the Rams especially since they appear to be trending in the rt direction. However I don' t believe that the same can be said for the Chargers. They alienated some of their potential fanbase by moving out of SD & I don't believe that they are trending in the rt direction.

They are also potentially going to have a real problem when they move to the new stadium since that might coincide with River's retirement. Of course if they also drafted a local QB star or the next big QB it might help boost attendance. Just have a hard time viewing this in a positive light for the Chargers rt now.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much everyone who lives near Lambeau charges $15 or so for parking on their yard. It's not a bad price but the ticket prices are still very expensive.

I like to park on the side streets off Lombardi towards Ashland and walk. It's much easier to bypass the heavy traffic taking 41 to Ashland and vice versa.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that your pt is well taken for the Rams especially since they appear to be trending in the rt direction. However I don' t believe that the same can be said for the Chargers. They alienated some of their potential fanbase by moving out of SD & I don't believe that they are trending in the rt direction.

They are also potentially going to have a real problem when they move to the new stadium since that might coincide with River's retirement. Of course if they also drafted a local QB star or the next big QB it might help boost attendance. Just have a hard time viewing this in a positive light for the Chargers rt now.

Trust, I always thought the Chargers should've never came.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats ok in the next few years mother nature will take care of things and there won't be two teams in CA... Let alone the actual state.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"if there is a city that wants the chargers less than LA.... its san diego" - mike florio :dhd: