• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LA Rams @ Arizona

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spin again

we had this talk right after Murray was drafted
Murray is good. Speed remains far and away his greatest asset and makes him special
Your Head coach, not so much...Monday was a pretty good example. Much more suited for college or perhaps a pro OC
So this one game defines both Kingsbury and Murray? Why not the first game against the Rams or any other games?

Kingsbury year 1 - 5-11
Kingsbury year 2 - 8-8
Kingsbury year 3 - 10-3 so far.
I don't see any improvement. You had him pegged in year one.

I'm not even going to go through Murray's improvement from year 1 - 3 because you already know.

I know what you are trying to do, but it's not working.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this one game defines both Kingsbury and Murray? Why not the first game against the Rams or any other games?

Kingsbury year 1 - 5-11
Kingsbury year 2 - 8-8

I'm not even going to go through Murray's improvement from year 1 - 3 because you already know.

I think the Cards have a good team this year... in one score games they are 2-2
- Win vs Vikings could easily have been a loss... do not recall SF game.
- Loss vs Packers could easily have been a win if Green not sleeping... Rams loss with a couple of bounces could have won as well, turnovers were huge.

10-3 record for Cards I think is very accurate where the Cards are at right now, a very good team.

Do like Murray, but mobility does play a big role in his game IMO at this point.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cards have a good team this year... in one score games they are 2-2
- Win vs Vikings could easily have been a loss... do not recall SF game.
- Loss vs Packers could easily have been a win if Green not sleeping... Rams loss with a couple of bounces could have won as well, turnovers were huge.

10-3 record for Cards I think is very accurate where the Cards are at right now, a very good team.

Do like Murray, but mobility does play a big role in his game IMO at this point.
No doubt. I’m just laughing at P-Day and his attempt at trolling me.

Their issues are more a result of their o-line. They have been banged up. It’s not going to get any better so they need to figure that out ASAP.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough game to stomach being there live. The Cards play like trash every home game it seems. It is the strangest thing, At this point, I am almost thinking home field advantage is a bad thing. Just a poorly played game all around. Penalties. Missed tackles. Turnovers (Cards were -2 in turnovers which led to 14 points and still had the ball at the end with a chance to tie). Dropped passes (Hopkins first drop of the year was on a 4th down play were the ball hit him right in the hands). There were just too many mistakes to overcome.

The biggest issue IMO was Donald. Having injuries at guard is not good when playing against Donald. He is just a game wrecker. The Rams played an very clean game. They were the better team tonight.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions on one game. If the cards play like they have for the majority of the season, they will be fine.

AD is a pain is the arse … I’m just counting the day’s that Father Time slows him down .. He might be the best DT in history, he’s up there …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spin again

we had this talk right after Murray was drafted
Murray is good. Speed remains far and away his greatest asset and makes him special
Your Head coach, not so much...Monday was a pretty good example. Much more suited for college or perhaps a pro OC

Coaching matters, but something is working pretty good there, Cards have had a good season.. I can tell you right now without question Cowboys defensive improvements are a big part because of Dan Quinn, HATED seeing him leave Seattle…

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kingsbury year 1 - 5-11
Kingsbury year 2 - 8-8

I'm being consistent in my views of both Texas products. I posted the same when the Cards. drafted Murray....you took offense then as you are now, only difference, then you pulled the comparing card to Garrett & Prescott. I'm actually surprised you didn't here, you know, you being such a fan of the Dallas organization and all.

your two spins here.
(1) One game defines no player...other than perhaps a Cowboy coach or QB from time to time. Landry/Johnson, Staubach/Aikman will do that to long time fans.

(2) Coaching is much more than wins/loses. McCarthy is considered an idiot nationwide and the Dallas media has jumped on that train. His record and resume are pretty darn good. I admit, I remain much more sure about Coach Bro than Murray.

We'll see Scooby, may work out for you...I'm wrong on occasions.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching matters, but something is working pretty good there, Cards have had a good season.. I can tell you right now without question Cowboys defensive improvements are a big part because of Dan Quinn, HATED seeing him leave Seattle…
yep...Quinn has been outstanding. The relationships he forms with his players is a large part of the improvement. Parsons certainly helps with the quick turnaround from last year. I think every Cowboy fans just hopes to see Parsons, DLaw, Gregory and yes even Gallamore play together the remainder of this season. That could hide some blemishes when you play top flight QB's

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD is a pain is the arse … I’m just counting the day’s that Father Time slows him down .. He might be the best DT in history, he’s up there …

When I was watching this game, I was just in awe focusing in on Donald and almost posted about how much better he is than anyone else in today's game still. He is great. But even he doesn't compare to Reggie White. White is a completely different animal than anyone who has ever played the game.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was watching this game, I was just in awe focusing in on Donald and almost posted about how much better he is than anyone else in today's game still. He is great. But even he doesn't compare to Reggie White. White is a completely different animal than anyone who has ever played the game.
I watched some GREAT DT's as a kid and 3 or 4 years ago pushed back on Donald as the GOAT. No longer if we're talking defensive tackles.

White was top 5 all time defensive football player to me. I watched him launch Eric Williams 5 yards back when Williams was one of the best OT's in football from the DE position....just never saw White as pure DT or DE. He was just a great football player.

The 2 best defensive football players to me that just took over a football games were LT, and Derrick Thomas. These guys wreaked havoc on offenses.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched some GREAT DT's as a kid and 3 or 4 years ago pushed back on Donald as the GOAT. No longer if we're talking defensive tackles.

White was top 5 all time defensive football player to me. I watched him launch Eric Williams 5 yards back when Williams was one of the best OT's in football from the DE position....just never saw White as pure DT or DE. He was just a great football player.

The 2 best defensive football players to me that just took over a football games were LT, and Derrick Thomas. These guys wreaked havoc on offenses.
I think Donald has gotten to the point of being in the conversation with Reggie, LT and Derrick and is probably the best defensive tackle the game has ever seen. Hard to go back and compare eras because they never kept most of the stats back in the day but Aaron is likely more dominant than the greats like Bob Lilly, Mean Joe Green, Randy White, Merlin Olsen, etc. The only argument I might make for those guys in the 60s and 70s is that the Olinemen they faced were run blocking first unlike today's game that has become pass heavy so fewer opportunities to get after the QB. Some of those guys were on really stacked defenses too. As much talent as the current Rams D may have, they are nothing without Donald.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm being consistent in my views of both Texas products. I posted the same when the Cards. drafted Murray....you took offense then as you are now, only difference, then you pulled the comparing card to Garrett & Prescott. I'm actually surprised you didn't here, you know, you being such a fan of the Dallas organization and all.

your two spins here.
(1) One game defines no player...other than perhaps a Cowboy coach or QB from time to time. Landry/Johnson, Staubach/Aikman will do that to long time fans.

(2) Coaching is much more than wins/loses. McCarthy is considered an idiot nationwide and the Dallas media has jumped on that train. His record and resume are pretty darn good. I admit, I remain much more sure about Coach Bro than Murray.

We'll see Scooby, may work out for you...I'm wrong on occasions.
I'm taking offense... ok.

You had a view and I had a view. That's pretty much it. One thing that is indisputable is the improvement year over year. Nothin more.

Coach bro? Really? Who are you, fordman?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Donald has gotten to the point of being in the conversation with Reggie, LT and Derrick and is probably the best defensive tackle the game has ever seen. Hard to go back and compare eras because they never kept most of the stats back in the day but Aaron is likely more dominant than the greats like Bob Lilly, Mean Joe Green, Randy White, Merlin Olsen, etc. The only argument I might make for those guys in the 60s and 70s is that the Olinemen they faced were run blocking first unlike today's game that has become pass heavy so fewer opportunities to get after the QB. Some of those guys were on really stacked defenses too. As much talent as the current Rams D may have, they are nothing without Donald.

The game was very different back then for the linemen. Olinemen didn't extend their arms, so their hands were in their own chest and they used only their forearms and shoulders to block. Dlinemen could hold up olinemen and it wasn't a penalty, there also wasn't as much of the double team blocks and the rub off to the linebackers like it is now...so it was a very different game in the trenches

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray played like complete ass
It looked like Wilson v Donald.

Now AD pays rent to both of them.

Hard to play good football when the game wrecker is living in your head every passing down!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reggie was a beast, AD is right there though, both are disrupters for sure …