• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LA Rams @ Arizona

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals can punch their post season card with a win and all but lock up the NFCW Title.

This is a MUST win game for the Rams

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win or lose the Rams finish up with the #5 seed. The Rams don't need to win this march-up tonight. They need to win this match-up in the divisional round of the playoffs.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the -134; +114 money line and 2.5 -110 spread. The game looks and feels as if it should be a -180; +155 money line with the spread at 3 and Cardinals -116.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win or lose the Rams finish up with the #5 seed. The Rams don't need to win this march-up tonight. They need to win this match-up in the divisional round of the playoffs.
Not true at all. If the Rams lose the niners will be one game behind already beating the Rams once. This game is far more important for the Rams than you are making it out to be.

Cards need to win to hold the #1 seed. Nobody wants to go to GB in the playoffs and the Packers look like they are getting stronger.

Intersting note - The Rams (more specifically Stafford) struggles against good teams while the Cardinals struggle at home. I have no idea what is going to happen in this game, but the stakes are high for both teams.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawk fans are hoping that Cardinals win... If that's the case and Hawks can beat the Rams next week, they have a solid chance at winning out...

@ Rams
vs Bears
vs Lions
@Cards

If Cards beat Rams, there will be a greater chance of the Cards sitting players the last game of the season against the Hawks...

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true at all. If the Rams lose the niners will be one game behind already beating the Rams once. This game is far more important for the Rams than you are making it out to be.

Cards need to win to hold the #1 seed. Nobody wants to go to GB in the playoffs and the Packers look like they are getting stronger.

Intersting note - The Rams (more specifically Stafford) struggles against good teams while the Cardinals struggle at home. I have no idea what is going to happen in this game, but the stakes are high for both teams.
The Rams have little or no chance of getting to the Super Bowl if they have to play 3 playoff road games on the East Coast. Either they need a top 2 seeding or they need to play the 2nd of 3 road playoff games in the Pacific or Mountain time zone. I don't believe the Rams can win the division and get a top 2 seeding. Maybe they'll win tonight and give themselves a small chance of that. If they don't it's in the Rams interest for the Cardinals to be the #1 seed...and in that scenario being the #7 seed would be preferable to the #5 seed as it would guarantee a trip to Arizona should the Rams won their Wild-Card game. There's not a huge difference between which 2 of the 3 East Coast Division winners the Rams would have to beat, and as a non division winner the Rams would have no control over the rest of the schedule.

If the Packers were the #1 seed the Rams would prefer to avoid them and being the #5 seed would help.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams have little or no chance of getting to the Super Bowl if they have to play 3 playoff road games on the East Coast. Either they need a top 2 seeding or they need to play the 2nd of 3 road playoff games in the Pacific or Mountain time zone. I don't believe the Rams can win the division and get a top 2 seeding. Maybe they'll win tonight and give themselves a small chance of that. If they don't it's in the Rams interest for the Cardinals to be the #1 seed...and in that scenario being the #7 seed would be preferable to the #5 seed as it would guarantee a trip to Arizona should the Rams won their Wild-Card game. There's not a huge difference between which 2 of the 3 East Coast Division winners the Rams would have to beat, and as a non division winner the Rams would have no control over the rest of the schedule.

If the Packers were the #1 seed the Rams would prefer to avoid them and being the #5 seed would help.
I don't know man. There are so many "ifs' my head is spinning. There are 5 games to play. The most important thing is winning. The Cards have one of the toughest schedules to finish the season. If the Rams win, they have a very good chance to win the division. This game is huge for both the Cards and the Rams. No need to duck and cover.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1639420903021.png

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How? By losing to the #4?

If the Packers are #1 then odds are the winner of the 4/5 game goes to GB.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Distracting College Basketball GIF

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? By losing to the #4?

If the Packers are #1 then odds are the winner of the 4/5 game goes to GB.
If the #7 seed wins they definitely play the #1 seed. If the #5 seed wins they may, or may not, play the #1 seed. If the Rams are seeded below 4 they'll need to play at Arizona in the divisional round in order to get to the Super Bowl. Winning back-to-back playoff games on the East Coast en route to the Super Bowl is a monumental task for West Coast teams :rain:.

If the Packers are the #1 seed the Rams would need to be #5 or #6 to have any chance of playing the Cardinals in round 2. If the Cardinals are the #1 seed being the #6 or #7 seed would probably be better for the Rams than being the #5 seed.

Here's the full list of Pacific & Mountain time NFL teams who won back-to-back East Coast playoff games en route to a Super Bowl appearance:

...:rip:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the #7 seed wins they definitely play the #1 seed. If the #5 seed wins they may, or may not, play the #1 seed. If the Rams are seeded below 4 they'll need to play at Arizona in the divisional round in order to get to the Super Bowl. Winning back-to-back playoff games on the East Coast en route to the Super Bowl is a monumental task for West Coast teams :rain:.

If the Packers are the #1 seed the Rams would need to be #5 or #6 to have any chance of playing the Cardinals in round 2. If the Cardinals are the #1 seed being the #6 or #7 seed would probably be better for the Rams than being the #5 seed.

Here's the full list of Pacific & Mountain time NFL teams who won back-to-back East Coast playoff games en route to a Super Bowl appearance:

...:rip:
OK, however if GB is #1 that means Arizona and TB are 2 and 3, with Dallas at 4. Now what team would you prefer to play out of those?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the #5 seed and a trip to probably Dallas would be the Rams best scenario if they don't win the div. Of course,, a #7 seed and the Cards slip up and let the Packers get the #1, then things get real interesting with a 3rd game between the 2. Scenario #3 is if the Cards slip down to the #3 slot and the Rams have to go to Tampa. Not good.
Now, having said all that, who the fuck knows in this crazy roller coaster of a season. Have fun and enjoy the ride, I say.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Rams Injuries/Covid List

RB Cam Akers*
RB Darrell Henderson
RB Jake Funk
WR Tutu Atwell
WR Robert Woods*
TE Jacob Harris
TE Tyler Higbee*
TE Johnny Mundt
RT Rob Havenstein*
C Brian Allen*
NT Sebastian Joseph-Day*
LB Travin Howard
CB Dont’e Deayon
CB Jalen Ramsey*
CB Robert Rochell

*=startersfYAUu0L.gif

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, however if GB is #1 that means Arizona and TB are 2 and 3, with Dallas at 4. Now what team would you prefer to play out of those?
If the Rams don't win the division these are their 4 most realistic playoff routes to the Super Bowl. They are, in order from least to most difficult:

Wild-Card @Dallas, Green Bay, or Tampa Bay.
Divisional @ Arizona.
Championship @Dallas, Green Bay, or Tampa Bay.
Although very difficult this is the easiest and least travel influenced route.

Wild-Card @ Arizona.
Divisional @Dallas, Green Bay, or Tampa Bay.
Championship @Dallas, Green Bay, or Tampa Bay.
This back-to-back East Coast travel is the least impactful. It would require the Cardinals to be lower than #1 seed.

Championship @ Arizona.
Same back-to-back travel followed by a trip to the #1 seed. The Rams wouldn't recover in time to be competitive.

Championship @ Dallas, Green Bay, or Tampa Bay.
Not happening. Not going to overcome the travelling.

If I had the choice I would take the top scenario regardless of which 2 East Coast teams the Rams had to play. This could happen with the #5 seed but it's more likely with the #7 seed. The 2nd scenario requires the Cardinals to be #2, #3, or #4 with the Rams the corresponding #7, #6, or #5 seed.

The #5 seed would probably NOT be an advantage for the Rams because I don't see the Cardinals dropping far. Then again, a Rams win tonight could change things.