• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving vs Steph curry, stat vs stat finals

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.
She chose to strike first, so anything is fair game.
Social media, in general, is not a good thing in the hands of most.

I don't know.

As a public figure, she should know better than to tweet when she is in an emotional state. That being said, some of these are taking things too far.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just be happy they won, and quit making shit up.
I've never diminished what the Cavs had to overcome to win the series.
I'm just saying the Warriors pretty much all playing below their season averages was a big part of the equation.
Having an entire team underperform is tough shit for them, but for the opponent it for sure is fortunate.
The only fortunate team out of these two is Golden State, for the fact that Kyrie wasn't healthy for the Finals last year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are forgetting one thing though. LeBron can't stand Gilbert. If he tells Gilbert to pay for Delly, Gilbert might not have a choice. LeBron doesn't care how much it costs. The more the better.

And even more than before, they have a ring. Gilbert will do whatever Lebrons says, with that being said I think Delly signs with another team. The contract of Delly to trade for another player would be great but is he essentially worth that to a lot of teams and enough to trade a pretty good player for with the same contract eventually? I'm not sure about that, especially his drop off in the second half of the season and playoffs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the term used was 'superior team'.
Why single out Curry?
Obviously the a Cavs were focused on making others beat them.
Nobody on the Warriors played superior or equal to what they did in the regular season.
What the Cavs did, for sure was part of it, but as I've stated before, not a knock on the the Cavs but they were fortunate.

I think Draymond played superior for sure, two games being superior is enough for Draymond especially the impact he can have defensively.

Why shouldn't I single out Curry, before the Finals and playoffs people were writing him off as the best player in the league and unstoppable. A back-to-back MVP and great shooter yet he didn't play up to his standards in the Finals again. GS is a great TEAM, as a whole, but it still starts with Curry and he isn't unstoppable.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just be happy they won, and quit making shit up.
I've never diminished what the Cavs had to overcome to win the series.
I'm just saying the Warriors pretty much all playing below their season averages was a big part of the equation.
Having an entire team underperform is tough shit for them, but for the opponent it for sure is fortunate.

So they just play bad for no reason, maybe it's bc the Cavs had a good defensive strategy and a good offensive scheme around the great team defense of the Warriors. The Warriors still played team basketball especially in the first two games, but the Cavs started to show up. In the first two games the Cavs were awful shooting the ball, the funny thing is they only made 1 3 pointer in the 1st half of game 7. The Warriors made what 8 or 9, the Warriors are basically unbeatable when they hit the 3. That really shows how well the Cavs had to fight adversity and they had a strategy and stuck with it. 99% of the credit goes to the Cavs without saying.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about them?
For the most part they weren't very effective or efficient.
Green of course had a great first half of game 7.

Green shot 40% from 3 in the Finals. Not bad at all. The small lineup of the Cavs definitely did some wonders on the Warriors and got them out of their comfort zone with the defense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only fortunate team out of these two is Golden State, for the fact that Kyrie wasn't healthy for the Finals last year.

So they just play bad for no reason, maybe it's bc the Cavs had a good defensive strategy and a good offensive scheme around the great team defense of the Warriors. The Warriors still played team basketball especially in the first two games, but the Cavs started to show up. In the first two games the Cavs were awful shooting the ball, the funny thing is they only made 1 3 pointer in the 1st half of game 7. The Warriors made what 8 or 9, the Warriors are basically unbeatable when they hit the 3. That really shows how well the Cavs had to fight adversity and they had a strategy and stuck with it. 99% of the credit goes to the Cavs without saying.

You just can't be happy with winning?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just can't be happy with winning?
what you and many of the clowns last year underestimated was the effect of Kyrie going at curry would have on the game.

Even though I told you - as did many others- that Curry would have no picnic guarding Kyrie- ESPECIALLY after having basically NO defensive responsibility last year---- but you and many others just ignored it and kept on harping on how bad Irving and Love are defensively - never taking into account that Kyrie's ability to make Curry work is its own very powerful form of defense.

The Cavs were mentally and physically the stronger team. They game-planned to wear Curry down- and he wore down. Its no mistake that curry was missing shots and being taken advantage of defensively and scored WELL below his season averages.

Once again- time vindicates.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what you and many of the clowns last year underestimated was the effect of Kyrie going at curry would have on the game.

Even though I told you - as did many others- that Curry would have no picnic guarding Kyrie- ESPECIALLY after having basically NO defensive responsibility last year---- but you and many others just ignored it and kept on harping on how bad Irving and Love are defensively - never taking into account that Kyrie's ability to make Curry work is its own very powerful form of defense.

The Cavs were mentally and physically the stronger team. They game-planned to wear Curry down- and he wore down. Its no mistake that curry was missing shots and being taken advantage of defensively and scored WELL below his season averages.

Whatever.
Easy to say after the fact about either season or any situation.
If they started another series tomorrow, I'd still pick the Warriors.
I though Kerr did a poor job with adjustments/rotations all series, but he must have had his reasons.

FA starts this Friday, you still sure Whiteside was a fluke and isn't getting a max from anyone?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says we aren't happy with winning?

Seems like you're still looking for more ass play.
If your'e waiting for me to say I felt the Cavs were anything special, it's not happening.
We're they good enough to win fair and square, absolutely.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever.
Easy to say after the fact about either season or any situation.
If they started another series tomorrow, I'd still pick the Warriors.
I though Kerr did a poor job with adjustments/rotations all series, but he must have had his reasons.

FA starts this Friday, you still sure Whiteside was a fluke and isn't getting a max from anyone?

Well you do understand that is what makes the Cavs the better team lol bc they actually made the right adjustments and outplayed the Warriors. You can talk about how the Warriors just shot bad but something caused it. They didn't keep up what they were doing in the first 2 games for a reason.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In my defense, I greatly overestimated Kerr. Kerr left Curry on Irving unnecessarily at times, and Lue did a great job of forcing mismatches when the Warriors were switching everything. I think credit goes to Lue for exploiting the dubs defensive tendencies, and blame on Kerr for failing to adjust. Curry matched up on LeBron is never a good thing, but it happened kind of a lot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your'e waiting for me to say I felt the Cavs were anything special, it's not happening.

Because they were the better team. They made adjustments, they played good defense and came back from 3-1. But nothing really because the Cavs came out victorious. Whatever they did worked.

I don't think there is any question, what they did, was special. Not even including the long drought, coming back from 3-1 (never been done) against the best regular season team ever, won 2 out of 3 in a building GS lost 2 games in all season is special whether you want to believe or not and they were led by a special player, two.

:suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my defense, I greatly overestimated Kerr. Kerr left Curry on Irving unnecessarily at times, and Lue did a great job of forcing mismatches when the Warriors were switching everything. I think credit goes to Lue for exploiting the dubs defensive tendencies, and blame on Kerr for failing to adjust. Curry matched up on LeBron is never a good thing, but it happened kind of a lot.

Yeah Lue definitely outcoached Kerr by far.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs championship was one of the most memorable and special in the history of the league.

First of- the challenge- playing the defending champs, down 3-1, against the two time MVP--- their is no doubt- this is the greatest comeback in the history of the NBA. No debating that. Not only that- but the Warriors had not lost 3 games in a row in over 2 seasons- and had not lost 2 in a row at home in over 2 seasons. HISTORICAL challenge.

Second- LeBron James lead ALL players in points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals--- that is the first time in NBA history a single player has done that- not only in the Finals- but in the history of the NBA playoffs. Truly- a historic performance that the word "special" does not even BEGIN to encapsulate.

Third- The Cavs defense- just like last year- stepped up. Holding a historic offense to less than 90 in Game 7 on their home court- and WELL under their season average was remarkable.

Fourth- all the pressure- as Dave McMenamin said- never has he seen a wire-to-wire first place team endure so much scrutiny. SO many media manufactured stories- and bullshit and hate. All the pressure from the 52 years, all the pressure from LeBron's letter, all the pressure from the payroll, all the pressure from firing their coach. That adversity tempered their mental abilities for when the going got tough though- hence- the Cavs got punched in the mouth in game 1 and 2, and 4- punched back- and GOlden State couldnt get up off the ground.

you need to get a big fat freaking clue and let go of the hate.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you do understand that is what makes the Cavs the better team lol bc they actually made the right adjustments and outplayed the Warriors. You can talk about how the Warriors just shot bad but something caused it. They didn't keep up what they were doing in the first 2 games for a reason.

And they were the better team for those games.
Never said they weren't.

First 2 games were an indicator.
If it came down to Livingston winning them the series, etc.. it probably wasn't going to happen.
Most, including myself, felt Kerr, Curry, Klay, etc.. would revert to what we had seen for the last 2 years.
For whatever reason(s), it didn't happen.
Enjoy your victory, as you should, but I'll continue to stick with my choice of fortunate.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs championship was one of the most memorable and special in the history of the league.

First of- the challenge- playing the defending champs, down 3-1, against the two time MVP--- their is no doubt- this is the greatest comeback in the history of the NBA. No debating that. Not only that- but the Warriors had not lost 3 games in a row in over 2 seasons- and had not lost 2 in a row at home in over 2 seasons. HISTORICAL challenge.

Second- LeBron James lead ALL players in points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals--- that is the first time in NBA history a single player has done that- not only in the Finals- but in the history of the NBA playoffs. Truly- a historic performance that the word "special" does not even BEGIN to encapsulate.

Third- The Cavs defense- just like last year- stepped up. Holding a historic offense to less than 90 in Game 7 on their home court- and WELL under their season average was remarkable.

Fourth- all the pressure- as Dave McMenamin said- never has he seen a wire-to-wire first place team endure so much scrutiny. SO many media manufactured stories- and bullshit and hate. All the pressure from the 52 years, all the pressure from LeBron's letter, all the pressure from the payroll, all the pressure from firing their coach. That adversity tempered their mental abilities for when the going got tough though- hence- the Cavs got punched in the mouth in game 1 and 2, and 4- punched back- and GOlden State couldnt get up off the ground.

you need to get a big fat freaking clue and let go of the hate.

Not disputing much of the post, but it doesn't change the fact that the Warriors crapped out.
They ended the season playing their worst ball of the year at a time when teams want to be playing their best.