• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving vs Steph curry, stat vs stat finals

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bc Cleveland was physical and defending well. Kyrie and Lebron wore done baby Curry. He was overmatched. Maybe Curry just cant perform in the Finals, well IMO he isnt superior player, he is just a great player in the regular season and when it doesnt count most. He will never be an all-time great if he cant peform in the Finals, just a great shooter.

I think the term used was 'superior team'.
Why single out Curry?
Obviously the a Cavs were focused on making others beat them.
Nobody on the Warriors played superior or equal to what they did in the regular season.
What the Cavs did, for sure was part of it, but as I've stated before, not a knock on the the Cavs but they were fortunate.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
supposedly just announced yesterday that Kyrie is going to play on the Olympic team. I was hoping he would rest- seeing as how the season wont likely be any shorter than next year- but as i understand it he is the starting point guard if he goes- and after being the MVP of the FIBA qualifying tournament last summer (not the team MVP- the entire tournament MVP)- and the fact that he does not yet have a Gold medal- lead him to playing for team USA. I cant blame him for wanting a Gold Medal and having an opportunity to be one of the big guns on team USA.

Can't wait to watch him in the Olympics. Gonna be fun.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a knock on the the Cavs but they were fortunate.

G.S. were defending champs, the greatest regular season team in league history & had a commanding 3-1 lead. The Cavs as a team deserve alotta credit for making the greatest comeback in Finals history. Fortunate is not the right word to use. And yes you are trying to knock what the Cavs just accomplished by saying there were fortunate.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please, Curry would amount to 38-39 wins on a team like Phily or Cleveland pre-LBJ. And he is a product of having a beast shooter in Thompson and Green flying around. GS is the very definition of "team" oriented and they play like it. Take out an ingredient and you have what happened to them in game 5 with Green out.

Curry is no savior, he shoots well and that's it.

I don't disagree with the first part of your comment. The second has big problems though.

Curry is not the transformational player some make him out to be. In fact, I don't think he is the most valuable player on the Warriors. IMO, That is Klay because of his defense. That being said, Irving is nowhere close to Curry in terms of value to a team. I hope you are not implying that he is. To say Curry is just a shooter is ignorant. One dimensional players don't win scoring titles and MVP awards. Curry is a great offensive player.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G.S. were defending champs, the greatest regular season team in league history & had a commanding 3-1 lead. The Cavs as a team deserve alotta credit for making the greatest comeback in Finals history. Fortunate is not the right word to use. And yes you are trying to knock what the Cavs just accomplished by saying there were fortunate.

Just be happy they won, and quit making shit up.
I've never diminished what the Cavs had to overcome to win the series.
I'm just saying the Warriors pretty much all playing below their season averages was a big part of the equation.
Having an entire team underperform is tough shit for them, but for the opponent it for sure is fortunate.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with the first part of your comment. The second has big problems though.

Curry is not the transformational player some make him out to be. In fact, I don't think he is the most valuable player on the Warriors. IMO, That is Klay because of his defense. That being said, Irving is nowhere close to Curry in terms of value to a team. I hope you are not implying that he is. To say Curry is just a shooter is ignorant. One dimensional players don't win scoring titles and MVP awards. Curry is a great offensive player.

That is where we disagree. The kid is only 24 years old and just came up big in the Finals. Granted, he's playing alongside an ATG player, but he's also still not yet in his prime. All this time playing with Lebron, and playing deep into the postseason, is going to help hone his game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is where we disagree. The kid is only 24 years old and just came up big in the Finals. Granted, he's playing alongside an ATG player, but he's also still not yet in his prime. All this time playing with Lebron, and playing deep into the postseason, is going to help hone his game.

You may be right, but,

At this stage, he plays mediocre defense and he does not create shots for teammates. He is an elite scorer, sure, but scoring is only part of the game. Take LeBron off this squad, and the Cavs are a 35-40 win team.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right, but,

At this stage, he plays mediocre defense and he does not create shots for teammates. He is an elite scorer, sure, but scoring is only part of the game. Take LeBron off this squad, and the Cavs are a 35-40 win team.

I could say the same thing about curry's defense except it looked even worse. Also he had more assists than curry in the finals

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could say the same thing about curry's defense except it looked even worse. Also he had more assists than curry in the finals

Do you honestly believe that Irving is the better player? I can't believe I am having this discussion.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly believe that Irving is the better player? I can't believe I am having this discussion.

I do, and i honestly think the Irivng will continue to outperform curry if he makes it back to the finals....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do, and i honestly think the Irivng will continue to outperform curry if he makes it back to the finals....

Last thing I will say here.

If Irving were traded for Curry, Golden State would win 55-60 games and would not get out of the west. Cleveland would be utterly unstoppable with James and Curry together. Nice try though.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last thing I will say here.

If Irving were traded for Curry, Golden State would win 55-60 games and would not get out of the west. Cleveland would be utterly unstoppable with James and Curry together. Nice try though.

And lebron was going to win 8 championships with the heat...

vegasfraud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie - 27.1 ppg, 3.9 apg, 3.9 rpg, 2.1 spg, 0.7 bpg, 2.57 to's, 46.8 fg%, 40.5 3pt%, 93.9 ft%.

Stephanie - 22.6 ppg, 3.7 apg, 4.9 rpg, 0.9 spg, 0.7 bpg, 4.29 to's, 40.3 fg%, 40.0 3pt%, 92.9 ft%.

Kyrie led Stephanie in points, assists, steals, fg, 3pt, and ft percentage.

Stephanie led Kyrie in rebounds and turnovers.

They tied in blocks.

Thoughts...?
lol. what an original topic.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Correct.
To get an assist, someone needs to make a shot.
Nobody on the roster was.