• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi to Toronto

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers couldn't fix everything in 1 offseason. Unless, they got 2 max players and obviously they didn't.

They added James and filled in around him.....clearly Magic and Pelinka have a plan. We'll see how well it can be executed.
Yeah, I hate the Rondo signing because he will cut into Hart's minutes.

But, the Lakers got veteran guys on one year deals.

If the pieces don't fit, they are in a position to just reshuffle the deck next Summer.

Reactions: DJ

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty big IF when talking about the Nets...
Two max spots and two first rounders.

Not that big of a if when it's rumored that they are on Kyrie, Butler and Kawhi's list of buddy ball destinations.

A few teams will have max space for one guy next Summer.

Very few have the means to add 2, maybe all 3.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that is being lost in the McGee signing.

They signed him away from the Warriors.....since they are lining up a team to combat the Warriors.....McGee may have been signed to play AND to also give them insight to HOW
Yeah, I hate the Rondo signing because he will cut into Hart's minutes.

But, the Lakers got veteran guys on one year deals.

If the pieces don't fit, they are in a position to just reshuffle the deck next Summer.

And I loved the Rondo signing.....Hart will get his minues.....I doubt Ball plays 82 games, more like 60 or so. If he doesn't get dealt.

I doubt Rondo plays 82 games.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it from Toronto's perspective. The Spurs are the ones that have me confused. They just willingly signed up for NBA hell. Derozan/Gay/Aldridge as your talent core? That might have worked a decade ago...
They were in NBA hell with kawhi too. They definitely require a rebuild, but it wasn’t like they had a title contending team before the trade. Kawhi was becoming a distraction with all of his bitching, so the spurs went out and got the best player they could with him. It’s hard to get talent back in the situation the spurs were in. I think DeRozan is better than any of the pieces Indy got for PG. PG might not be quite as good as kawhi, but they are close the same level and PG doesn’t have the injury concerns kawhi does, so I think that evens their value out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They signed him away from the Warriors.....since they are lining up a team to combat the Warriors.....McGee may have been signed to play AND to also give them insight to HOW

And I loved the Rondo signing.....Hart will get his minues.....I doubt Ball plays 82 games, more like 60 or so. If he doesn't get dealt.

:lol::lol::lol:

DJ....think of what you just said.

Do you really think there is ANYTHING. and I mean ANYTHING that JAVALE FUCKING MCGEE could tell LeBron about the Warriors that he does not already know?

JaVale Mcgee?

did you REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY JUST REALLY MOTHA FUCKING SAY- they maybe signed JAVALE MCGEE,

YES JAVALE MCGEE- to get insight?

i think my brain just broke. you finally did it. congrats

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, Mcgee as a spy?

Does he look like the type of guy that is capable of memorizing a playbook?

th

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two max spots and two first rounders.

Not that big of a if when it's rumored that they are on Kyrie, Butler and Kawhi's list of buddy ball destinations.

A few teams will have max space for one guy next Summer.

Very few have the means to add 2, maybe all 3.

To play with who? There's very little left unless you start re-signing guys using some of that cap space. Russell, Dinwiddie, Hollis-Jefferson are all free agents. Is Crabbe/Harris/LeVert going to draw free agents?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol::lol::lol:

DJ....think of what you just said.

Do you really think there is ANYTHING. and I mean ANYTHING that JAVALE FUCKING MCGEE could tell LeBron about the Warriors that he does not already know?

JaVale Mcgee?

did you REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY JUST REALLY MOTHA FUCKING SAY- they maybe signed JAVALE MCGEE,

YES JAVALE MCGEE- to get insight?

i think my brain just broke. you finally did it. congrats
Seriously, I'm actually going back to bed after reading that.

There is trying to rationalize a questionable move and then there's this shit that DJ just typed.

Ffs....lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were in NBA hell with kawhi too. They definitely require a rebuild, but it wasn’t like they had a title contending team before the trade. Kawhi was becoming a distraction with all of his bitching, so the spurs went out and got the best player they could with him. It’s hard to get talent back in the situation the spurs were in. I think DeRozan is better than any of the pieces Indy got for PG. PG might not be quite as good as kawhi, but they are close the same level and PG doesn’t have the injury concerns kawhi does, so I think that evens their value out.

You guys value Derozan a lot more than I do. I see a one-sided player that focuses on midrange shots. That's not a modern NBA star IMO. Committing to him for 3 seasons at $27.7M per locks you into that playoff mediocrity level IMO.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks have room for 2 max contracts next summer too (and already have Knox and Porzingis).

To play with who? There's very little left unless you start re-signing guys using some of that cap space. Russell, Dinwiddie, Hollis-Jefferson are all free agents. Is Crabbe/Harris/LeVert going to draw free agents?
...ummm, eachother...?

Brooklyn can sign two max deals.

Attach a 1st to Crabbe and kick DLo to the curb and they are almost at 3.

Kawhi has already started recruiting...

Well, I doubt he actually called anyone.

Maybe he sent a email?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...ummm, eachother...

Requires that first guy to commit, which could happen. I would have to think they would explore the Knicks angle first though, but the Knicks would need to dump Noah's contract somewhere first.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I'm actually going back to bed after reading that.

There is trying to rationalize a questionable move and then there's this shit that DJ just typed.

Ffs....lol
just...speechless. totally and utterly speechless.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Requires that first guy to commit, which could happen. I would have to think they would explore the Knicks angle first though, but the Knicks would need to dump Noah's contract somewhere first.
Yup...agree.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...ummm, eachother...?

Brooklyn can sign two max deals.

Attach a 1st to Crabbe and kick DLo to the curb and they are almost at 3.

Kawhi has already started recruiting...

Well, I doubt he actually called anyone.

Maybe he sent a email?
Dinwidde is actually pretty damn good. LaVert is not bad either. Russell wont have to get resigned technically until after they sign the other guys (but would have a cap hold). They could prob have Dinwiddie, LaVert and Russell and still have i mean- GIGANTIC loads of cap space.

Knicks too--- id give the Knicks George Hill if I were the CAvs, take back Noah ---- shit- give them Hill and JR and take back Noah and Hardaway so they can open up boku cap room if they would drop us a lotto pick or Knox.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But who else right now? I think they can play him 20 minutes, but it has to be in 5 minute increments. The Warriors showed he can be somewhat effective if you handle him right.

I expect a lot of small ball this season. lol

I think they still have a little bit of room. Maybe they sign someone? Don't know who's available though.

We'll have to see on the 3 point shooting (agree with everything else). I think it's going to be better than a lot of folks seem to. Ingram, Kuzma, Hart and KCP can all shoot it (although KCP tends to be streaky). Lebron can also shoot the 3. Plus, his presence on the floor should lead to more open looks for everyone.

I'm not saying 3 point shooting will necessarily be a strength, I just don't think it's going to be the weak spot it was last year. Considering they were the worst or close to it last year, if they just shoot the NBA average or close to it, it'll be huge for them.
Willie Reed, Ezeli, Alex Len, Okafor, Monroe.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys value Derozan a lot more than I do. I see a one-sided player that focuses on midrange shots. That's not a modern NBA star IMO. Committing to him for 3 seasons at $27.7M per locks you into that playoff mediocrity level IMO.
I don’t give a fuck how he gets his points, I’ll take a guy who averages 23 ppg on 17 shots per game, all day, every day.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno man. Toronto did win 60+ games and was the #1 seed. You gotta give DeRozan some credit there. Its not like he was playing with Durant or LeBron- he was playing with Kyle Lowry and Jonas Valunciunas. Getting high seeds and winning playoff series is hardly something to be just thrown away as a mediocrity.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dinwidde is actually pretty damn good. LaVert is not bad either. Russell wont have to get resigned technically until after they sign the other guys (but would have a cap hold). They could prob have Dinwiddie, LaVert and Russell and still have i mean- GIGANTIC loads of cap space.

Knicks too--- id give the Knicks George Hill if I were the CAvs, take back Noah ---- shit- give them Hill and JR and take back Noah and Hardaway so they can open up boku cap room if they would drop us a lotto pick or Knox.
Knox, Carter Jr. Mitchell Robinson and Anfernee Simmons surprised the hell out of me at Summer League.

They all need work.

But, they all have major talent and upside.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're projected to have 65M in space. However, I would guess it takes at least $25 to re-sign Dinwiddie and Russell, so you're down to $40M, less than 2 max.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're projected to have 65M in space. However, I would guess it takes at least $25 to re-sign Dinwiddie and Russell, so you're down to $40M, less than 2 max.

Why would they resign Russell if they can get Kyrie?