• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kanasas State is next...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My frustration level is rising.

I think this is a game WVU can win. I know it is a road contest. I know it is a Bill Snyder coached team. But, they are in a rebuilding year as well. The things they do well on defense... stop the run... is not WVU's strength anyways. The thing they struggle with... stopping the passing game... is what WVU is better at doing.

The KSU offense has used two different QB's. Both bring different skill sets. But, this is no high octane group. Maybe WVU's defense can get a little mojo back?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sams kid is Klien but cant throw
The other kid is Klien but cant run

I am not sure what to expect out of our team week to week, hell quarter to quarter...I think we have more skill players than they do and should have some good looks down field.

Fact is I wish some of these guys nuts would drop and just because another team is good at stopping something doesn't mean we have to go completely away from that....our line has to step up and block someone for the run. K State is solid right up the middle, but with our guys we should be able to get the edge against them. If they can get pressure with 4 guys then once again it will be a long afternoon on offense watching Trickett throw 40 yard bombs and laughing about it.

On defense i think we match up very well....like i said Sams runs more of what they did last year, but is not very accurate of a passer...the other kid will spread it out, but it is not like Texas Tech or Baylor spreaing it out when he gets back there. In the games i have watched of him he has not made the best decisions. We should be able to pressure them up front.

Special teams once again may be the difference.....if our guys keep running it out of the endzone i may have a mental breakdown...knee the ball take the 25 yards and be done with it...

If the special teams and TO's do not screw us I think we could win big.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya man!

What is wrong with being a KO return man and taking a knee?

And, Jordan Thompson scared the hell out of me last weekend with some of the choices he made to return a punt. I thought the little guy would be lit up by not taking a fair catch.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya man!

What is wrong with being a KO return man and taking a knee?

And, Jordan Thompson scared the hell out of me last weekend with some of the choices he made to return a punt. I thought the little guy would be lit up by not taking a fair catch.

Remember Vaugh Rivers? lol that guy would field a punt if the entire coverage team was within 5 yards...he was tough but also smart, never took it within his own 5 :laugh3:

And obviously if we had a guy getting it past the 25 yard line on a consistent basis I would not say anything, but our average starting position this year i bet is somewhere between the 15 and 10...when you are not moving the bal and have to punt those 10-15 yards are big.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Vaughn. He definitely made things exciting.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that WVU is a 10.5 pt dog this weekend.

Wow...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sams kid is Klien but cant throw
The other kid is Klien but cant run

I am not sure what to expect out of our team week to week, hell quarter to quarter...I think we have more skill players than they do and should have some good looks down field.

Fact is I wish some of these guys nuts would drop and just because another team is good at stopping something doesn't mean we have to go completely away from that....our line has to step up and block someone for the run. K State is solid right up the middle, but with our guys we should be able to get the edge against them. If they can get pressure with 4 guys then once again it will be a long afternoon on offense watching Trickett throw 40 yard bombs and laughing about it.

On defense i think we match up very well....like i said Sams runs more of what they did last year, but is not very accurate of a passer...the other kid will spread it out, but it is not like Texas Tech or Baylor spreaing it out when he gets back there. In the games i have watched of him he has not made the best decisions. We should be able to pressure them up front.

Special teams once again may be the difference.....if our guys keep running it out of the endzone i may have a mental breakdown...knee the ball take the 25 yards and be done with it...

If the special teams and TO's do not screw us I think we could win big.

DC, I agree on the STs, BUT for every returner to do the same thing, every time, they are being coached to bring it out, I think, just like Efore coached defense strictly for the strip of the ball over tackling, I think he is coaching the ST units for the 1% big play rather than sound fundamental ball.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, I agree on the STs, BUT for every returner to do the same thing, every time, they are being coached to bring it out, I think, just like Efore coached defense strictly for the strip of the ball over tackling, I think he is coaching the ST units for the 1% big play rather than sound fundamental ball.

Your right, I just don't get it.....like I have said before the stats say you are better off taking the knee than bringing it out....take penalties, TO's, injuries, and bad field position completely out of the equation.

We only have 4 KO returns over 30 yards and our averaging 17.5 yards if you take at least 120 yards off our total...we are behind the 20 just going into it. hell last week we were getting the ball outside of the endzone and besides one return we were lucky to get close to the 25. Very frustrating considering all the other issues, this is very fixable. :scratch:

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put me in the group that wants to see us run it out of the endzone...Also put me in the group that would like to see the return team get a block or once in a while to make it work.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put me in the group that wants to see us run it out of the endzone...Also put me in the group that would like to see the return team get a block or once in a while to make it work.

Why don't we let them perfect it while taking the ball at the 25

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill take the sure thing on the 25, rather than taking the shot and ending up inside the 15, it is a low success rate play to bring it out, start at the twenty five, and even if you do not get the first down, you can punt it deeper. The other days game, it seemed like WVU started about the 10 every time, and TT about the 30, HUGE difference. The punt "returns" are even more confounding, fair catches inside the five :wtf2:.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kanasas State is next huh? never heard of them

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WildBucFan13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure it matters who we play tomorrow. I'm sure we'll make their qb look like a first round draft pick.

I don't understand why the offense looks so lost. Yes, we're reloading, but halfway through the season and it looks, at times, that they're still running at half speed with no sense of urgency. Where is the team that played Ok State?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure it matters who we play tomorrow. I'm sure we'll make their qb look like a first round draft pick.

I don't understand why the offense looks so lost. Yes, we're reloading, but halfway through the season and it looks, at times, that they're still running at half speed with no sense of urgency. Where is the team that played Ok State?
This team is receiving VERY poor coaching, as you said, the team has NOT improved from game one, which also happened last year. This coaching staff relies exclusively on the big play on "all three sides of the ball" they teach kids to bring kick out of the endzone, to try to break one, they teach the offense to pass, pass, pass punt, strictly to try and break a long one, even though they have several really good running backs, they taught all last year for the defense to strip the ball to force the turnover, rather than tackling. The defense is being taught more sound play this year, but the offense and STs are still swinging for the fences on EVERY play.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until WVU got into the 4th qtr, I thought we were seeing a pretty good offense.

For the game, WVU had 23 first downs... 437 total yds... 183 rushing... 254 passing.

In the Okie St game, WVU had 21 first downs... 388 total yds... 68 rushing... 320 passing.

We will have to wait and see, but TT has better defensive numbers to date than Okie St, so I agree with Dana's assessment of last week's performance by the offense... there was some improvement.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is receiving VERY poor coaching, as you said, the team has NOT improved from game one, which also happened last year. This coaching staff relies exclusively on the big play on "all three sides of the ball" they teach kids to bring kick out of the endzone, to try to break one, they teach the offense to pass, pass, pass punt, strictly to try and break a long one, even though they have several really good running backs, they taught all last year for the defense to strip the ball to force the turnover, rather than tackling. The defense is being taught more sound play this year, but the offense and STs are still swinging for the fences on EVERY play.
Is this because of coaching or is it due to the lack of speed and strength. I have seen improvement. We had a lead on a to 10 team going into the 4th quarter. Biggest trouble is that our OL is undersized and overwhelmed by the other teams in our conference.

there was a big improvement last week with the offense until our best, most experienced lineman went down with an injury.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was a big improvement last week with the offense until our best, most experienced lineman went down with an injury.
:agree:

Finally someone mentions this....very true once he left the game the oline went to bed.

I do not think they are coached poorly in all areas of the game...our offense makes a lot of mistakes due to their exp....like the baylor game the same plays were there that were there last year we just did not have the players to make them. Texas Tech the team played very good until the exp on the line left the game.

Special teams besides the KO return unit is not doing to bad. Helps when you actually have a punter back there.

The defense last week lost that game just as much as the offense did...letting the biggest target on the field run right by you, I am sure was not the call.

Tough L's this year is going to make for strong W's next year...IMO

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this because of coaching or is it due to the lack of speed and strength. I have seen improvement. We had a lead on a to 10 team going into the 4th quarter. Biggest trouble is that our OL is undersized and overwhelmed by the other teams in our conference.

I do not think the plays called are what THIS team does well, and the team is being taught unsound technique. When I see three long passes in a row fall incomplete, then a punt, AFTER we fair caught a punt on the three yard line. When I see the next series Sims break of three eight yard runs for a first down at midfield, then three long incomplete passes and a punt, when I see kickoffs caught five yards deep in the end zone and brought out to be tackled at the 10........ POOR COACHING. Like I said, this coaching staff tries to score on every play, they do not know how to coach a grind it out team. They have made a living from getting a great receiver and QB combo and scoring a lot of points with those guys physical abilities without teaching good blocking, running, tackling, strategy, etc. When they have those two great athletes, they score a bunch, but when they do not have them the results are bad, because the fundamentals are not there.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Finally someone mentions this....very true once he left the game the oline went to bed.

I do not think they are coached poorly in all areas of the game...our offense makes a lot of mistakes due to their exp....like the baylor game the same plays were there that were there last year we just did not have the players to make them. Texas Tech the team played very good until the exp on the line left the game.

Special teams besides the KO return unit is not doing to bad. Helps when you actually have a punter back there.

The defense last week lost that game just as much as the offense did...letting the biggest target on the field run right by you, I am sure was not the call.

Tough L's this year is going to make for strong W's next year...IMO

Not only was the loss of Eager and Spain tough for the boys up front, but for some reason the WR's stopped blocking on those last few possessions.

It doesn't matter what play is called, if the kids don't execute... the plays won't work.

Dawson mentioned this during his time with the media this week. The same screen passes that were going for big gains earlier in the game... lost yardage or went nowhere in the 4th qtr because kids didn't do their job. WVU had some great grind it out... long time of possession series against TT.

The coaches and players clearly showed they know how to take what the defense will give them. And, it ain't hitting the home run every play.