• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick - Help Me Understand...

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, Kaepernick is a "one hit wonder". He hasn't even played a full 16 games yet. He can run and he has a big arm, but it takes more than athleticism to be an elite QB. You gotta have it upstairs and I don't know that he does.

There is are several QB's with the same skill set as Kaepernick who have never won the big game. McNab, Cunningham, McNair, Vick to name a few. They are all less than brilliant and I think Kaepernick fits right in with that bunch.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am completely ambivalent to the whole NFL West.
:brick:

He's like post prison Michael Vick except he is often more of a game manager due to the rest of the Niners being so talented.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There is are several QB's with the same skill set as Kaepernick who have never won the big game. McNab, Cunningham, McNair, Vick to name a few. They are all less than brilliant and I think Kaepernick fits right in with that bunch.

:gaah: I really hope he has more of a Troy Aikman kind of career than those guys (meaning riding his OL / running game's coat tails to some SB victories).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say all of these guys have the same skill set.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say all of these guys have the same skill set.

Nor would I. The 2 Mc's were more power arm QB's, whereas Vick and Cunningham are/were scramblers as well as solid passers....funny how 2 of the 4 played in Philly and 1 of them currently does.
Kaep might be a "hybrid " of all 4....for lack of a better term...but it's still very early to say because he's only in his 2nd real season.

With Air McNair ( R.I.P.) being the better of the group....imho.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'twas the sunday night game, doofus....the only game on ....with a GDT...which you started.

I guess fans of other teams can't comment in this open forum ??

Boo Hoo sniffle sniffle. Put some Vagisil on it, yoga.

The 49'ers got beat up tonight. All the injured players. All the "stars" not doing shit. There is trouble in Rainbowland.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boo Hoo sniffle sniffle. Put some Vagisil on it, yoga.

The 49'ers got beat up tonight. All the injured players. All the "stars" not doing shit. There is trouble in Rainbowland.

hahaha...I was just watching and commenting on the game, dillweed...I'm a Jets fan.
But you gotta love how just 2 games into the season, the seahawks fanbase feel like they've finally won a superbowl.

Don't get too carried away, sally.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is there to understand, he's the QB dude.

TruHoxFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is he anyway? Mongoloid? Don't even tell me he's "African American" because that honker is pure Klinger Lebanese and I'm darker than he is after several weekends at San Onofre.

Try Greek.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTFO of here w/ that noise.

wow

just wow

Aren't you supposed to be JEWISH? Aka WHITE? You people make me sick with your double standards. You HATE white people and have for many years. Khazarians never cease to amaze me. Yes you, you pretend jew.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What is he anyway? Mongoloid? Don't even tell me he's "African American" because that honker is pure Klinger Lebanese and I'm darker than he is after several weekends at San Onofre.

He has some Caucasian blood and some African blood. He's adopted, so I think that's all he knows.

TruHoxFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha...I was just watching and commenting on the game, dillweed...I'm a Jets fan.
But you gotta love how just 2 games into the season, the seahawks fanbase feel like they've finally won a superbowl.

Don't get too carried away, sally.

No we feel like we just beat the snot our of our biggest rival in a divisional matchup that has strong implications for the rest of the season. When/if we win the Superbowl, watch out because, if you think we're obnoxious now, just wait till we turn it up several notches. We aren't the loudest crowd in the world for nothing, ya know.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you supposed to be JEWISH? Aka WHITE? You people make me sick with your double standards. You HATE white people and have for many years. Khazarians never cease to amaze me. Yes you, you pretend jew.

:wtf2:
Are you completely insane??

I do have some jewish lineage, as well as some european and some black.

Wow...talk about a total misapprehension on your part.

Apology accepted.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bastard cost me all my vCash. After tonight I'll never bet on Kling... I mean Kaeprnick again.

Your mistake wasn't betting on Kaep. Look at what they did to GB last week. SF will still win some games this year and a playoff caliber team. The guy is still barely a rookie without even a entire regular season under his belt. But besides Boldin and Davis, they are very thin at the WR corps, and their secondary has it's issues. Facing teams that can't exploit those weaknesses, SF stands a good chance at a W.

Your mistake was betting against the Seahawks at home. Especially our D. We were 8-0 at home last year. Don't bet against the Seahawks at home in 2013. Our D forces way too many turnovers at home to bet against us. Our home record should be 7-1 or 8-0 this year. It's one of the surest bets you can make. Bet on us at home. Road games? That's much more risk when betting.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, Kaepernick is a "one hit wonder". He hasn't even played a full 16 games yet. He can run and he has a big arm, but it takes more than athleticism to be an elite QB. You gotta have it upstairs and I don't know that he does.

IMO it is egregious to lump Donovan and especially Steve McNair in with Cunningham, Vick and Kaepernick.

Here, watch this and you'll quickly agree.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVOvlZ-4JT8]A Football Life Steve McNair ?? 1080p - YouTube[/ame]

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the attraction to this guy. I am completely ambivalent to the whole NFL West. It doesn't interest me in the least and I don't care about the 49ers vs. Seahawks.

But I keep watching this Kaepernick guy and I just don't get it. What is so great about him?

What am I missing? I am drunk right now and I can think of 9 QBs off the top of my head that I'd pick before Kaepernick.

So educate me.

I get what you're saying (I would like to see your 9 guys though, b/c I'm not sure about 9)

Here goes...the dual threat QB is all the rage now in the NFL...3 of them made the playoffs LY, and Kaep led his team to the SB. I think that is legit enough to build a name on. The rest is hype.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right now Kaep is a one hit wonder...but is it super bowl or bust when it comes to big games?

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's good. He can throw the ball.

But's still has a lot to learn, the main thing being he can't win every game with his feet.