• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jones vs Cormier

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus should get the rematch now that Jones vs Cormier was pushed back due to injury of Jones.

Wait, what? You saying Gus should fight Jones now instead of Cormier?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, what? You saying Gus should fight Jones now instead of Cormier?

I say yes to Gus. Its only fair. Great fight happening no matter who is next of the 2.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that make any sense? Jones is the one with the leg injury. So Cormier just gets pushed aside?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that make any sense? Jones is the one with the leg injury. So Cormier just gets pushed aside?

IMO yes. I say go with the original plan since its possible again. I believe it is the most profitable for the UFC too. Jones/Cormier is going to be great with or without it being a title fight but Gus fighting Jones without the belt would kind of ruin the hype a bit. Just my opinion but it isn't how it is so :noidea:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I see what you're saying. Give it back to Gus since the injuries line up. I just think that's silly given all the great build Cormier and Jones has had. It's an easier sell since neither like each other and both are entertaining about it. Plus, I think it should have been the original fight all along. Jones vs Gus 1 was a great fight but there wasn't really a doubt that Jones won. It was close and shocking since it was the first time Jones looked vulnerable but he still won a UD. I'm not a fan for rushing into a rematch in a situation like that when another great contender (Cormier) is sitting right there.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget Cormier had that cartridge issue with his knee as well, would like to get that excuse out of the way when Jones beats his ass. People want to see Jones Cormier now. I just hope they dont have gus fight Cormier and have that be jones next opponent.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget Cormier had that cartridge issue with his knee as well, would like to get that excuse out of the way when Jones beats his ass. People want to see Jones Cormier now. I just hope they dont have gus fight Cormier and have that be jones next opponent.

Just read today that Dana wants Gus to fight again before he gets his next shot at Jones to keep him active. I really don't give a shit who fight when anymore. I just want to see Jones fight both soon because I am sick of waiting.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well its getting close. wondering if someone is gonna get injured in training and mess up this fight Jan 2nd.

I cant see Cormier getting thru the spinning kicks to get close enough to wrestle and dirty box enough, but if he is able to get past the reach he is gonna keep Jones from scoring and possibly frustrate the champ into a mistake.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well its getting close. wondering if someone is gonna get injured in training and mess up this fight Jan 2nd.

I cant see Cormier getting thru the spinning kicks to get close enough to wrestle and dirty box enough, but if he is able to get past the reach he is gonna keep Jones from scoring and possibly frustrate the champ into a mistake.

Just think of DC as a smaller version Cain. They were saying the same things about Cain versus JDS after the first fight in which Cain lost on a flash KO. I expect the fight to be similar to Cain/JDS II & III with DC putting constant pressure on Bones, giving him no room to use his length or elbows. I expect a grueling grind against the cage from DC.

But you never know how these things will turn out. Bones could get in one of his patented eye pokes early & change the fight.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least there is a fight worth all this hype, lets hope the live up to it. Hopefully comcast finishes installing saturday and I finally get enough speed to watch this thing.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is going to destroy him. Cormier hasn't ever been in the ring with anyone with half the talent of Jones (all his fighs against decent fighters always came way after their primes).

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the shit talk both ways is going to really work against Cormier. Jones is an enormous talent who hasn't fought with the same aggressive style as he did when he won the title. I think Jones beats him down

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is going to go harder than he ever has. I think he wants a quick finish to really shut Cormier up. Cormier is wrestling with heavyweights to prepare, to me its all wrong. I think its gonna look like he is chasing a welterweight around the ring, unable to catch him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a Bones fan since day 1 but I think DC wins the fight for a couple reasons. The first being everyone loses at some point in MMA and the law of averages is definitely ticking for Jones*. And the second is, I can see DC using his weight and wrestling ability to just lay on him and control the fight, doing just enough to win a UD (GSP style). Just about everyone in DC's camp is a major wrestling guy, they have to be working on something like that.

*Yes, I know Bones has a loss but I'm not counting it since it was a BS DQ elbow strike to Hamill.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a Bones fan since day 1 but I think DC wins the fight for a couple reasons. The first being everyone loses at some point in MMA and the law of averages is definitely ticking for Jones*. And the second is, I can see DC using his weight and wrestling ability to just lay on him and control the fight, doing just enough to win a UD (GSP style). Just about everyone in DC's camp is a major wrestling guy, they have to be working on something like that.

*Yes, I know Bones has a loss but I'm not counting it since it was a BS DQ elbow strike to Hamill.

I also think DC wins this fight. DC has fought bigger guys with better reach than him his entire career. Dan Henderson once said that every fight he ever had involved clinching. DC will control the fight when he gets a hold of Jones. When a guy like Velasquez says that DC is his toughest fight when they spar that says a lot. Velasquez is dominant. DC has been dominant also. Jones has not fought anyone close to the power of DC. DC has fast hands also.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a working stream, PM it to me. The site I use is down

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NVM. Got one

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITS TIIIIIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!