• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jones vs Cormier

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Gustafsson pulling out due to injury, The Jon Jones-Daniel Cormier match is set for Sept. A lot of folks think Cormier can put Jones on the ground and dominate there. In a 5 rounder, I like Jones to get to him at some point and knock him out. Badly.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cormier has a jacked up knee. Doesn't look too good for him.

It's mainly an LCL injury. He has been fighting with this injury for a while. This type of injury mainly effects the ability to push off with that leg. It's not particularly painful, but can be extremely annoying. Had he had the surgery already, the recovery time was only 4-6 weeks till he could resume full training.

I don't think the injury will have much effect on the fight & I have DC taking this by 5 rounds of GnP.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news. I wanted this fight over the rematch anyway.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's mainly an LCL injury. He has been fighting with this injury for a while. This type of injury mainly effects the ability to push off with that leg. It's not particularly painful, but can be extremely annoying. Had he had the surgery already, the recovery time was only 4-6 weeks till he could resume full training.

I don't think the injury will have much effect on the fight & I have DC taking this by 5 rounds of GnP.

Thought I read he had a partially torn PCL as well, which is why he planned on surgery until he took this fight. Anyway, I hope Cormier beats the ears off Bones. Bones is a fucking whiney bitch (although I respect his skills).

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Cormier says injured knee 'feels fine'

By Elias Cepeda 4 hours ago Cagewriter

Daniel Cormier says his knee is fine and that he's ready to fight Jon Jones. (Getty Images)

UFC light heavyweight contender Daniel Cormier is missing half of one ACL in a knee, and partially tore his LCL as well. Because of this, just weeks ago he had planned to undergo surgery this month to repair the injuries.

When Alexander Gustafsson tore his meniscus and pulled out of his Sep. 27 title challenge rematch against champ Jon Jones this week, Cormier decided to jump in as a substitute. According to an interview "DC" gave to MMA Junkie this week, he came thisclose to getting the surgery but "thankfully" missed a doctor's appointment last week and so never got the last recommendation to do so.

Cormier, now a televisino analyst for FOX in addition to his fighting, said that he missed an appointment to see his doctor last Wednesday in order to be in Los Angeles to cover the Donald Cerrone vs. Jim Miller fight. The fighter claimed that he was going to ask the doctor if he could skip surgery anyway, because his LCL had begun to heal and his knee felt back to normal.

"Thank goodness I didn't go into that doctor's appointment because I didn't want to have the surgery but what if he would have advised me to? Just because, you know, doctors always kind of like to play it safe," Cormier said."

The two-time Olympian went on to assure that his knee feels fine and that he'll be ready to go against Jones - perhaps the most dominant fighter in UFC history - and on short notice.
"I feel fine, boys," Cormier claimed.

"I realize now that my LCL was what was bothering me. And the only thing you can do for that is time. Well, with time, it has healed and now my knee feels completely strong, man. I sparred yesterday. I did Jiu Jitsu yesterday, I ran and I feel fine. I'm pretty sore, though, I'll be honest with you. Too much time behind the desk and not enough time in the gym."

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Daniel better bring his A game. But I am going to go with D.C. just because I think he can maybe put J.J on his back and keep him there.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uK23HPTiOY]Jon Jones, Daniel Cormier Brawl at UFC 178 Media Day - YouTube[/ame]

Not staged for promotional purposes.

PCH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a hard fight to predict IMO. I'd say Bones is going to win. Cormier hasn't met those nasty elbows just yet.

PCH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IN boxing, what's Mayweather's, "Big surprise", for May? Has he finally grown a set after Maidana's toughness?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see you make it, PCH!!!

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cormier might last a little longer than Sonnen did, but look at Jones. Looks like he has 4" and a half a foot in reach advantage. If Jones plays his usual games and tries to prove that he can beat people using what they should do to beat him, like the Sonnen fight, Cormier might have a chance. But if Jones does this standing up with kicks and elbows, I doubt it gets past the second round.

Cormier is playing down the torn ligaments in his knees, proably not worried since he might be on his back all night.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cormier can gets Jones on his back, it could be a long night for Jones BUT freaks of nature like Jones, it is safest to bet he will win. All depends how Cormier reacts.

PCH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cormier's reach disadvantage is a BIG PROBLEM, look at the presser. lmao

PCH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah DJ, I mean KING DUPE of FN.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyyone catch Jones on Jimmy Kimmel live?

Awesome interview. Jones said he just does not like Cormier. First time he met him he mentioned something about his olympic wrestling career and Cormier thought he was being insulted. Jones asked Kimmel, what do you get for finishing 4th in the olympics. Kimmel said, I think you just get the ribbon. a little later Jones brought up disrespecting Cormiers ribbon. It was pretty funny.

found the link.

Last edited by a moderator:

PCH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus should get the rematch now that Jones vs Cormier was pushed back due to injury of Jones.