• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John0 vs. Trolly (redirect all long arguments here!)

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, I've explained to you that academic affiliation isn't the same thing as academics. Playing football against Stanford doesn't make your school better. It doesn't make the kids in your class learn any more, pass any more tests, or get any more research grants. It's a superficial meaningless term thrown around to help University Presidents sleep better at night. But it means nothing.

You brought up TV revenue dipshit. Not me. I asked you to show me a single school who lost money in conference realignment (that wasn't forced to move) I don't think the members of the AAC or Big East fared to well, they didn't have much choice in the matter. You went off on the TV tangent. I asked about athletic budgets.

But since you brought it up, show me a school that went from a conference where their contract share in the old conference would have been bigger than the contract share in the new conference. (that would be a "net loss" ...you know like I mentioned earlier)

no the academic association doesn't count as academics is the biggest cop out that i have ever seen......

you lost the argument and now you are trying to spin it as the two are not related :lol:which is.....

1. bullshit

2. if that was your main argument how come you didn't make that your argument before rather than wait until now.

answer: because you finally realized that you lost this argument and this is your last resort

i brought up TV revenue????? um WHAT THE FUCK. you were the one arguing that TV revenue was the biggest factor in conference realignment.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
show me a school that went from a conference where their contract share in the old conference would have been bigger than the contract share in the new conference. (that would be a "net loss" ...you know like I mentioned earlier)

and this is where your stupidity is ultimately is proven yet again (how surprising) because i have already explained to you that that is impossible because every major conference received more money.

i have told you this about 4x now and you refuse to listen to me. I even cited examples of the big east, acc, & b12 ==> nope you won't hear any of it.

you routinely demand me to show you something that does not exist to prove a point. but the reality is that what you are asking for does not exist for a completely different reason. thats about as pathetic as a cop out as it gets and a perfect example of all the bullshit you always resort to

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no the academic association doesn't count as academics is the biggest cop out that i have ever seen......

you lost the argument and now you are trying to spin it as the two are not related :lol:which is.....

1. bullshit

2. if that was your main argument how come you didn't make that your argument before rather than wait until now.

answer: because you finally realized that you lost this argument and this is your last resort

Oh, you mean like when I brought it up a week ago, right after you brought up this stupid bullshit argument?

i brought up TV revenue????? um WHAT THE FUCK. you were the one arguing that TV revenue was the biggest factor in conference realignment.

Yeah... you fucking brought it up. I said:

Point me to the FBS schools that will lose money because of conference realignment. Then you might have a good case. (especially if they moved voluntarily and weren't forced to change affiliations due to other schools going on a money grab)

And you responded by bringing up "TV $$$" I didn't fucking ask about "TV $$$" until your dumb ass brought it up again. I asked about a net fucking loss for the department, you fuckwit.

and this is where your stupidity is ultimately is proven yet again (how surprising) because i have already explained to you that that is impossible because every major conference received more money.

Is it impossible, or is the math too fucking hard for ya? It shouldn't be too tough for someone with all of your knowledge on the subject matter to figure out what Colorado's Share in the Big12 would have been. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what Syracuse's would have been in the AAC. Once you know what it would have been in the old conference you can compare that to what it actually was in the new conference.

Awww... gee. That's not so hard, is it? If you're still having trouble figuring out which one is bigger, you can put them both on a number line. The one on the right is the bigger number. And now you're almost as good at math as my 4 year old niece.

i have told you this about 4x now and you refuse to listen to me. I even cited examples of the big east, acc, & b12 ==> nope you won't hear any of it.

you routinely demand me to show you something that does not exist to prove a point. but the reality is that what you are asking for does not exist for a completely different reason. thats about as pathetic as a cop out as it gets and a perfect example of all the bullshit you always resort to

I hate to tell you this sparky, but those financial numbers? They do exist. Your opinion about academics being the primary factor behind realignment? That's nothing but heresay.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread reminds me of 2 kinderteners fighting at recess over a lollipop that has been dropped in the mud.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to this thread, the CBB forum should be getting its version of the toilet bowl soon.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you mean like when I brought it up a week ago, right after you brought up this stupid bullshit argument?

Yeah... you fucking brought it up. I said:

And you responded by bringing up "TV $$$" I didn't fucking ask about "TV $$$" until your dumb ass brought it up again. I asked about a net fucking loss for the department, you fuckwit.

Is it impossible, or is the math too fucking hard for ya? It shouldn't be too tough for someone with all of your knowledge on the subject matter to figure out what Colorado's Share in the Big12 would have been. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what Syracuse's would have been in the AAC. Once you know what it would have been in the old conference you can compare that to what it actually was in the new conference.

Awww... gee. That's not so hard, is it? If you're still having trouble figuring out which one is bigger, you can put them both on a number line. The one on the right is the bigger number. And now you're almost as good at math as my 4 year old niece.

I hate to tell you this sparky, but those financial numbers? They do exist. Your opinion about academics being the primary factor behind realignment? That's nothing but heresay.

all i see is your lies. YOU were the one who brought money into the argument

you have never before argued that schools changing conferences for better academic association does not count as moving for academic reasons until today. the link you posted to yourself was you arguing that academic association does not equal academic improvement.

and in case you didn't notice in that thread you posted i argued that schools do improve their academics because of academic association and that was where you as usual realized you lost and started going down the road of resorting to your usual BS tactics.

so basically you are wrong on both topics......and have now resorted to deflecting on both topics after I proved my point.

this is the part where I am throwing in the towel because I have made my case perfectly and you have no logical rebuttal only to go down the road of finding some semi meaningless point to make your argument on in the hopes of kicking the can down the road where you will once again enter the same talking points over & over again.

the quotes & evidence from admins back up my case, the trends we see in conference realignment backup my case, and all the bloggers who actually understand conference realignment side with me on this one. the very fact that you have not even touched my liberty, & pac14 arwu rankings examples are a testament to how much of a scumbag poster you are who routinely comes on here just to troll and not have legitimate discussions.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to this thread, the CBB forum should be getting its version of the toilet bowl soon.

just doing my part:yahoo:

should of listened to me and have let me put these two idiots on ignore

a request from me that is still on the table waiting to be accepted :hope:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know what that is, but I don't like the sound of it.

But I'm just trying to do my civic duty. Pretty much everyone here hates john0. Left to his own devices john0 will relentlessly troll the Pac12/AZ threads. I figure I might as well keep him running around in circles here in a thread no one cares about, instead of clogging up the actual threads where people are talking about stuff thats more OT.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what that is, but I don't like the sound of it.

But I'm just trying to do my civic duty. Pretty much everyone here hates john0. Left to his own devices john0 will relentlessly troll the Pac12/AZ threads. I figure I might as well keep him running around in circles here in a thread no one cares about, instead of clogging up the actual threads where people are talking about stuff thats more OT.

yeah so clogging up the ACC threads with your BS..........

thats okay??????

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just doing my part:yahoo:

should of listened to me and have let me put these two idiots on ignore

a request from me that is still on the table waiting to be accepted :hope:

Someone is stopping you from putting someone else on ignore?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yep. my account has a lot of stuff disabled on it.

guess getting in hammerdowns face was not a wise move :noidea:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. my account has a lot of stuff disabled on it.

guess getting in hammerdowns face was not a wise move :noidea:

I guess you'll just have to ignore them on your own, no?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i see is your lies. YOU were the one who brought money into the argument

Yes, Einstein, I did bring up money. But you were the one who wanted to narrow the topic down specifically to TV money, which isn't at all what I'm trying to argue. Nice strawman one again.

you have never before argued that schools changing conferences for better academic association does not count as moving for academic reasons until today. the link you posted to yourself was you arguing that academic association does not equal academic improvement.

I've argued that better academic association isn't the same thing as better academics. Which is a linchpin of your argument. Just because you ignored it before doesn't mean I didn't say it.

and in case you didn't notice in that thread you posted i argued that schools do improve their academics because of academic association and that was where you as usual realized you lost and started going down the road of resorting to your usual BS tactics.

Actually, I pointed out that an increase in enrollment (your proof that it helped "academics") doesn't improve the academics of the school, but it does help the bottom line, which of course helps to prove my point.

so basically you are wrong on both topics......and have now resorted to deflecting on both topics after I proved my point.

Deflecting? That's your MO, not mine. Projecting much?

this is the part where I am throwing in the towel because I have made my case perfectly and you have no logical rebuttal only to go down the road of finding some semi meaningless point to make your argument on in the hopes of kicking the can down the road where you will once again enter the same talking points over & over again.

You haven't made shit for a case.

the quotes & evidence from admins back up my case, the trends we see in conference realignment backup my case, and all the bloggers who actually understand conference realignment side with me on this one. the very fact that you have not even touched my liberty, & pac14 arwu rankings examples are a testament to how much of a scumbag poster you are who routinely comes on here just to troll and not have legitimate discussions.

You haven't brought any quotes or evidence. You've claimed that people have said certain things. You've claimed various facts and anecdotes. You've yet to actually show any of it. You don't honestly think that people, least of all me, would actually believe you do you?

:laugh3:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mainly himself.

It took him less than a day to call me out in a thread, after he'd requested the moderators add me to his ignore list, or give him permission to do it himself.

He's really sincere about that whole ignore thing... can't you tell?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey idiot....i said increase in pool of applications not increased enrollment. I also correctly argued that academic association leads to better academics of a school.

these are just more examples of all the bullshit you spit out. oh and lastly you can not seriously mean that a school changing conferences for better academic association does not count as an "academic move" <==are you seriously that retarded????

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mainly himself.

It took him less than a day to call me out in a thread, after he'd requested the moderators add me to his ignore list, or give him permission to do it himself.

He's really sincere about that whole ignore thing... can't you tell?

problem is you say the most ridiculous shit at times that i just have to step back in and correct you.

considering that i lasted a whole day without quoting you is something i should get a freaking medal for. you responded to me about 25 times that day chasing me from thread to thread each with some of the most insane bullshit that i have ever heard.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey idiot....i said increase in pool of applications not increased enrollment. I also correctly argued that academic association leads to better academics of a school.

I thought you said you were done? That's okay. I knew you were lying.

That said, you didn't show shit. You hypothesized... scratch that... you took a wild ass guess that applications would be up because of the move to a new conference, ignoring the fact there would be a corresponding decline because they left the old one.

You also failed to address the point that I made regarding the caliber of applicants you would get by switching conferences isn't necessarily going to be good. The guys that believe that Colorado is a better school because they play Stanford in football, (like you) aren't the type of applicants that are going to make the school better.

these are just more examples of all the bullshit you spit out. oh and lastly you can not seriously mean that a school changing conferences for better academic association does not count as an "academic move" <==are you seriously that retarded????

No, Captain Strawman, I can't seriously argue that. I can seriously argue that the "academic association" that you keep referring to is a figment of your fucking imagination. It doesn't exist.

problem is you say the most ridiculous shit at times that i just have to step back in and correct you.

considering that i lasted a whole day without quoting you is something i should get a freaking medal for. you responded to me about 25 times that day chasing me from thread to thread each with some of the most insane bullshit that i have ever heard.

Which thread was this where I responded to you "about" 25 times? What day was it that I chased you from thread to thread? How many threads was it john0?

Is this another one of those examples where you can't do simple math? It is isn't it? Or better yet.. is this one of those times where you just say silly shit and expect everyone to believe you without bringing a single shred of proof to the discussion? Oh, please let it be that latter! Those are so much fun!

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you said you were done? That's okay. I knew you were lying.

That said, you didn't show shit. You hypothesized... scratch that... you took a wild ass guess that applications would be up because of the move to a new conference, ignoring the fact there would be a corresponding decline because they left the old one.

You also failed to address the point that I made regarding the caliber of applicants you would get by switching conferences isn't necessarily going to be good. The guys that believe that Colorado is a better school because they play Stanford in football, (like you) aren't the type of applicants that are going to make the school better.

No, Captain Strawman, I can't seriously argue that. I can seriously argue that the "academic association" that you keep referring to is a figment of your fucking imagination. It doesn't exist.

Which thread was this where I responded to you "about" 25 times? What day was it that I chased you from thread to thread? How many threads was it john0?

Is this another one of those examples where you can't do simple math? It is isn't it? Or better yet.. is this one of those times where you just say silly shit and expect everyone to believe you without bringing a single shred of proof to the discussion? Oh, please let it be that latter! Those are so much fun!

don't even ask dude. you and I both know that you eat shit & sleep thinking of me. are you really going to pretend that you have never chased me around in the p12 or acc thread? and you know what you are correct. as usual you are just trying to suck me into a new argument because you got so owned in the conference realignment thread.....so yeah I will go back to ignoring ya for now on. (board sure prefers things that way anyways)