• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John0 vs. Trolly (redirect all long arguments here!)

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because by mentioning it, I get you to prove my point for me. Thanks for obliging.

Everybody that moved, made more money. Now that we've got that settled let's go back to your theory that people take Colorado more seriously now as an academic institution because they play Stanford in football on a regular basis.

Ummm... that's fucking dumb.

There, I think that's settled. What else you got?

yeah and what you continue to ignore is that every school that has moved also upgraded its academic association. <== it is a point that you seem to consistently ignore

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
colorado went from my safety school to my reach! Do you think i'll get in?????

US news
colorado 86
arizona 119

ARWU
colorado 24
arizona 45

endowment
colorado $937.5 mill
arizona $532 mill

don't even go down that road bro........

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah and what you continue to ignore is that every school that has moved also upgraded its academic association. <== it is a point that you seem to consistently ignore

Academic association is a myth. Actually that gives you too much credit. Academic association is a fabrication.

It's something that school presidents mutter as they drift off to sleep every night on their mattresses made of money. At the end of the day, Colorado and Utah can wank it out all over each other and talk about how they're in the same athletic conference as Stanford, but no one on the outside associates Utan or Colorado academics with Stanford's.

That associaton you speak of is a figment of your imagination.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colgate University #20 liberal arts.

Go where, exactly, slapdick?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
US news
colorado 86
arizona 119

ARWU
colorado 24
arizona 45

endowment
colorado $937.5 mill
arizona $532 mill

don't even go down that road bro........

Tell me about the endowments, George.

tumblr_m3vbudnciG1rvkvf1o1_500.jpg

Give it up for john01992 everybody! john01992!

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Academic association is a myth. Actually that gives you too much credit. Academic association is a fabrication.

It's something that school presidents mutter as they drift off to sleep every night on their mattresses made of money. At the end of the day, Colorado and Utah can wank it out all over each other and talk about how they're in the same athletic conference as Stanford, but no one on the outside associates Utan or Colorado academics with Stanford's.

That associaton you speak of is a figment of your imagination.

yeah something that is consistently talked about my multiple school admins at all levels of college sports and goes back as far as the 70s.

and again you can talk about what people on the outside associate with CU & stanford. but what DOES matter is that all of those within the system care deeply about this stuff. and are you really stupid enough to believe that being on national TV with stanford & USC each year is not a positive in the eyes of a university president????? are you really that stupid?

you have yet to show an example a single example proving your point whereas i can show as a many as I want. you completely ignored the ou/osu to the pac14 example i gave.

maybe you can answer why Liberty is not in FBS whereas two clearly inferior athletic schools got in instead?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking about is PR, not academics.

"Talking about academics" ≠ "academics"

Changing conferences doesn't improve the academics of any of the schools that moved. (Nebraska actually lost its AAU affiliation after moving did it not?)

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking about is PR, not academics.

Changing conferences doesn't improve the academics of any of the schools that moved. (Nebraska actually lost its AAU affiliation after moving did it not?)

jesus christ :doh: you are literally too stupid to understand what I say.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE=AZ-DbacksAZ;

yep really.....when he resorts to such juvenile tactics......

or when he completely ignores an entire post.....focuses on one line....takes it out of context.....

yeah....it comes off as 12.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jesus christ :doh: you are literally too stupid to understand what I say.

I understand exactly what you say.

You say that academics are the driving force behind conference realignment.

You back that up with a bunch of PR about how moving conferences improves "academic association"

What you haven't done is shown where any academic institution has improved academically since changing athletic affiliations.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand exactly what you say.

You say that academics are the driving force behind conference realignment.

You back that up with a bunch of PR about how moving conferences improves "academic association"

What you haven't done is shown where any academic institution has improved academically since changing athletic affiliations.

no you don't you are just a complete fool. I thought after explaining this 3 different times you would understand it.

do you realize how annoying it is to try to have a discussion with someone like you? well obviously not because there is nobody who is as stupid as you.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can not say i am surprise. I totally school him and show that academics do in fact matter and matter quite a bit......

which is why he is pulling this bullshit technicality card (what else can you expect from him) and saying academic association doesn't count as academics

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can not say i am surprise. I totally school him and show that academics do in fact matter and matter quite a bit......

which is why he is pulling this bullshit technicality card (what else can you expect from him) and saying academic association doesn't count as academics

And here we go with the strawman again.

Nobody said academics didn't matter. I've agreed, several times now that academics matter. You've claimed that they are the driving force. The primary factor in conference realignment. You've yet to substantiate any of that though.

You did finally come around to agreeing with me that everybody is making more money out of the deal, and that speaks volumes to my assertion that conference realignment is about making more money.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no you don't you are just a complete fool. I thought after explaining this 3 different times you would understand it.

do you realize how annoying it is to try to have a discussion with someone like you? well obviously not because there is nobody who is as stupid as you.

The problem here i that you want to try and compartmentalize your silly bullshit so it might look acceptable at a passing glance. However when I take your bullshit out of the box, and fling it around a little bit, it becomes pretty evident that it's nothing but bullshit.

I know you didn't actually say that Colorado playing Stanford in Football makes Stanford a better school. Even you're not that stupid. What I did do is take what you said, and run it out to it's inevitable conclusion. You of course didn't like that because the inevitable conclusion makes you look like a boob, because your assertion is wrong to begin with.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here we go with the strawman again.

Nobody said academics didn't matter. I've agreed, several times now that academics matter. You've claimed that they are the driving force. The primary factor in conference realignment. You've yet to substantiate any of that though.

You did finally come around to agreeing with me that everybody is making more money out of the deal, and that speaks volumes to my assertion that conference realignment is about making more money.

strawman?????? you use every troll tactic in the book. you remind me of a politician 1 month before an election with all the BS you pull. from ignoring certain posts, to intentionally misinterpreting what i say.....then consistently throwing that back in my face, refusing to admit to the truth even when the reality is in front of you, always trying to put the burden of providing examples on me.....oh and you are once again pulling the technicality card :laugh3:

you say i have yet to substantiate any of this when i have done 10x more to prove my point than you have. not a single school has downgraded their academic association in conf. realignment <== and that is the one thing you consistently ignore.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and my personal favorite....you ask me to provide an example of a school taking a decrease in tv revenue......well how the hell is that possible? EVERY school is seeing more $$$ regardless of their conferences.

Big east didn't add a single school ==> still got a billion $$$$$ contract upgrade by espn

before the ACC added SU/pitt ==> they got offered a massive contract upgrade by espn

b12 lost 2 schools ==> got a major TV contract from fox

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
strawman?????? you use every troll tactic in the book. you remind me of a politician 1 month before an election with all the BS you pull. from ignoring certain posts, to intentionally misinterpreting what i say.....then consistently throwing that back in my face, refusing to admit to the truth even when the reality is in front of you, always trying to put the burden of providing examples on me.....oh and you are once again pulling the technicality card :laugh3:

you say i have yet to substantiate any of this when i have done 10x more to prove my point than you have. not a single school has downgraded their academic association in conf. realignment <== and that is the one thing you consistently ignore.

And again, I've explained to you that academic affiliation isn't the same thing as academics. Playing football against Stanford doesn't make your school better. It doesn't make the kids in your class learn any more, pass any more tests, or get any more research grants. It's a superficial meaningless term thrown around to help University Presidents sleep better at night. But it means nothing.

and my personal favorite....you ask me to provide an example of a school taking a decrease in tv revenue......well how the hell is that possible? EVERY school is seeing more $$$ regardless of their conferences.

Big east didn't add a single school ==> still got a billion $$$$$ contract upgrade by espn

before the ACC added SU/pitt ==> they got offered a massive contract upgrade by espn

b12 lost 2 schools ==> got a major TV contract from fox

You brought up TV revenue dipshit. Not me. I asked you to show me a single school who lost money in conference realignment (that wasn't forced to move) I don't think the members of the AAC or Big East fared to well, they didn't have much choice in the matter. You went off on the TV tangent. I asked about athletic budgets.

But since you brought it up, show me a school that went from a conference where their contract share in the old conference would have been bigger than the contract share in the new conference. (that would be a "net loss" ...you know like I mentioned earlier)