• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John0 vs. Trolly (redirect all long arguments here!)

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last thread I looked at had just you two for a whole page. I say every time there is an argument that is not interrupted by another poster for a whole page you two should just move it on over here!

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup; agree...that last thread got lost in the argument.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Neverending Gory...

Adolph, our indoor/outdoor cat, keeps us well stocked with bird, vole and field mouse carcasses.
Every once in a while, he'll bring home a still-living chipmunk to 'play' with...what's amazing is how often he'll bore out and let the bloody little beat-up munk stagger off to die or annoy again.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha you're a weird guy, H2S, a weird guy....

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're referring to the OU/WVU thread, that whole mess pretty much took place in a game thread after the came had already concluded. While certainly not a bright shining example of proper forum etiquette, it isn't the most egregious example either.

That being said, I'll try to steer the rest of the conversation here, but I doubt it will help. johny isn't very good at following directions.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
riddle me this shitbagger

the pac10 gave only 2 unconditional invites in conference realignment. (colorado & texas).the rest (ou, tech & osu) were all conditional on texas joining. now tell me? why is it that the p10 gave away those unconditional invites only to the 2 best academic schools of those 5 whereas the major football power (ou) and 2 schools that had clearly good fb programs (osu & tech) did not? you say it is all about the $$$$. so explain that one.

The Pac was making a power play to get Texas, and it wasn't because of the Longhorn Academic Network. They were hoping the conditional invites would apply additional pressure on Texas to make the leap. Seems pretty obvious to me.

As far as Colorado, I'm not sure how anyone can take them seriously as an academic institution after they accepted your dumb ass.

FBS has exponential $$$ increase. It is very hard for a school/conference to lose money. the b12 lost 4 major schools and ended up with a big payday. wherever a school lands they will make more money it is just a question of could they have made more by going elsewhere. Syracuse could of made more in the b10 had they joined however they were very quick to get into the ACC rather than wait around for a b10 invite. byu in the pac12 would of been better than utah but the p12 would have none of that. the p12 had the chance to get just ou/osu and the p12 flat out rejected that <== i think you might have your winner there

Fuck... every time I think we've finally gotten to the bottom of your stupidity you surprise me by finding new windows to lick.

You fucking moron... I'm talking net, not gross. Of course none of the programs lost money straight up by moving. Fuckall you're dumb for even suggesting that. Show me a program that had a net loss (shit I thought that would have been pretty fucking obvious for a guy who claims to fucking know every fucking thing about every fucking athletic budget in the fucking country) since changing conferences.

Shouldn't be that hard to find. You manage to dig up secret hand scribbled notes between presidents and ADs saying "Hey Fred, thx 4 the academic upgrade, thats y ur my bff!" surely you can dig up some athletic budgets that for the vast majority of these schools are a matter of public record. Find me one for a school that voluntarily switched conferences whose budget shrank after switching.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you not understand the concept of schools putting value on things like being part of a conference they chartered, association with strong academic schools, and longtime rivalries. because I don't think you do.

Of course they put a value on those things... they sure as hell put a monetary value on them, because those things have an intrinsic monetary value that can't be ignored.

That's why when you keep crying about breaking up rivalries, and other sentimental bullshit, I continue to tell you, that is about money too.

you keep saying it comes down to money because money drives academics. but that is not the case. how many FBS schools would give away over half their endowment if it meant getting into the top spot of arwu/us news.

None of them, and to even suggest that shows a complete lack of understanding of what an endowment is, what it is for, and how it works. Just stop bring up endowments, or we're going to have to make you wear your special helmet again.

%24(KGrHqYOKpsE3tk9Qzu2BN9!YhvKTg~~_35.JPG

the only ones that wouldn't would be the ones already close to the top. you can claim it is all about money but the truth is their first priority is academics, their 2nd priority is promoting their brand, their 3rd priority is obtaining money so they can promote priority number 1.

That's pretty much true of the Ivy Leagues, and the upper echelon schools in the FBS, but for the most part, all the other schools have been run like businesses, not like learning institutions for the last several decades.

And you're biggest point of confusion (and one that I've pointed out several times already) is that you're trying to use the schools and their athletic departments interchangeably, and that simply isn't correct. They are separate entities, and should be treated as such. The University Colorado didn't move to the Pac12. The University of Colorado Athletic Department did.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:I don't think this is working.:nod:

It seems somewhat one sided.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's working in that I know not to open it up (unless of course I see jonvi commented and I just GOTTA see what he has to say hahaha)

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said, I'll try to steer the rest of the conversation here, but I doubt it will help. johny isn't very good at following directions.

Well, say what you will about johnydipshit, at least he's predictable.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread title should be changed to "McTrolley OWNS lil' johnny0576309" thread...
:laugh3:

how come? because he is too stupid to keep a single argument in one thread?

his entire argument is always "but.....but...but....I....say so....." whereas I actually have examples to back up my shit.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see some good honest debating between the two parties concerned now that john's "IN THE HOUSE"!

carryon...:suds:

i already posted the rebuttal in the other thread:lol:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how come? because he is too stupid to keep a single argument in one thread?

his entire argument is always "but.....but...but....I....say so....." whereas I actually have examples to back up my shit.

because you are the ONLY person who doesn't recognize that you never win any of your arguments

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bwaahahaha.

Now slapdick is trying to argue that the schools are going to make more just by moving. He thinks if The ACC and SEC traded UK and UofL, that both schools (and evidently both conferences) would make more money than if they stayed in place.

Based on that logic, I guess we can just expect every program to start moving every year, since it's a guaranteed money maker.

Better yet! They can just swap conference names every year and make a killing! Rename the B1G to the B1GG3R and all those teams in that "new" conference will make a bunch more money!

Shit. Maybe he's tired. I feel like slapdick isn't even trying anymore.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bwaahahaha.

Now slapdick is trying to argue that the schools are going to make more just by moving. He thinks if The ACC and SEC traded UK and UofL, that both schools (and evidently both conferences) would make more money than if they stayed in place.

Based on that logic, I guess we can just expect every program to start moving every year, since it's a guaranteed money maker.

Better yet! They can just swap conference names every year and make a killing! Rename the B1G to the B1GG3R and all those teams in that "new" conference will make a bunch more money!

Shit. Maybe he's tired. I feel like slapdick isn't even trying anymore.

um have conferences increased or stayed the same in conf. realignment? this is why you are so annoying to talk with you pull crap like this. you are always come up with the most ridiculous bullcrap logic and pretend that that is what I am arguing. i don't think it is possible for one to have reading comprehension that is that terrible so I am just going to assume that it is something you are doing intentionally.

only 1 major conference has decreased in size or stayed the same. the rest all increased. we are not seeing conferences simply swap members and get more money because so far that hasn't happened......so why even mention it?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um have conferences increased or stayed the same in conf. realignment? this is why you are so annoying to talk with you pull crap like this. you are always come up with the most ridiculous bullcrap logic and pretend that that is what I am arguing. i don't think it is possible for one to have reading comprehension that is that terrible so I am just going to assume that it is something you are doing intentionally.

only 1 major conference has decreased in size or stayed the same. the rest all increased. we are not seeing conferences simply swap members and get more money because so far that hasn't happened......so why even mention it?

Because by mentioning it, I get you to prove my point for me. Thanks for obliging.

Everybody that moved, made more money. Now that we've got that settled let's go back to your theory that people take Colorado more seriously now as an academic institution because they play Stanford in football on a regular basis.

Ummm... that's fucking dumb.

There, I think that's settled. What else you got?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because by mentioning it, I get you to prove my point for me. Thanks for obliging.

Everybody that moved, made more money. Now that we've got that settled let's go back to your theory that people take Colorado more seriously now as an academic institution because they play Stanford in football on a regular basis.

Ummm... that's fucking dumb.

There, I think that's settled. What else you got?

colorado went from my safety school to my reach! Do you think i'll get in?????