• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JJ Watt possibly out for season

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough break. Dude is just so much fun to watch.

Does this give Von Miller the inside track to DPOY?
Probably because Von Miller is going to have a lot of the flashy numbers voters look for and is on a good team, but that's probably my inner Aaron Donald truther talking.

Marcus Peters is on pace for 12 interceptions this year though!

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I'm telling you. The old "injuries are part of the game" is not going to cut it any longer.

We are at the edge of what is sustainable. The Giants & skins game alone had 4 players from the secondary knocked out of the game and I know Hall is out for the season.

..I get the feeling there is a black Sunday coming when there will be carnage across the NFL. Guys injured everywhere.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because Von Miller is going to have a lot of the flashy numbers voters look for and is on a good team, but that's probably my inner Aaron Donald truther talking.

Marcus Peters is on pace for 12 interceptions this year though!

Much closer to 21 than 12. At present he's averaging 1.3 per game.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I'm telling you. The old "injuries are part of the game" is not going to cut it any longer.

We are at the edge of what is sustainable. The Giants & skins game alone had 4 players from the secondary knocked out of the game and I know Hall is out for the season.

..I get the feeling there is a black Sunday coming when there will be carnage across the NFL. Guys injured everywhere.

Yeah, its time to make it within the rules to allow players to use roids. The ones that promote healing and recovery. Not only are these guys just too damn big and strong in today's era. A lot of them likely over-train during the off-season as well setting themselves up for injury.

Here's to Watt getting 100% healthy. I read somewhere that his initial injury gave him pause and had him thinking retirement. I wonder if this latest injury or re-injury draws him claoser to that possibility.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sorry he will be out. Great to watch him play.
This time out I hope he doesn't rush back to soon.
Heal well big guy.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much closer to 21 than 12. At present he's averaging 1.3 per game.
You can tell I just threw out a number for giggles. But yes, mathematically, you're correct. That'd crush the NFL record of 14 interceptions in a season.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell I just threw out a number for giggles. But yes, mathematically, you're correct. That'd crush the NFL record of 14 interceptions in a season.
Well if we're talking mathematical paces, Von Miller is on pace for 26.5 sacks.

Peters certainly has a chance, but I think Von has to be put up as the favorite right now. He's got the bigger name recognition, and Peters will get knocks for getting burned from time to time. He's really a feast or famine kind of corner. And right now quarterbacks keep challenging him, but if he continues to pick off passes at a high rate teams will start avoiding him more.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would indeed and unlike a lot of records that have been broken, if Peters does get something crazy like 19 or more INTs. It would also surpass Night Train's INT per game avg giving it that much more stank on the legitimacy of said record.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we're talking mathematical paces, Von Miller is on pace for 26.5 sacks.

Peters certainly has a chance, but I think Von has to be put up as the favorite right now. He's got the bigger name recognition, and Peters will get knocks for getting burned from time to time. He's really a feast or famine kind of corner. And right now quarterbacks keep challenging him, but if he continues to pick off passes at a high rate teams will start avoiding him more.

26.5 sacks eh. That would be impressive. I think I also heard that of his last 20 sacks. 7 have been of the strip sack variety. I recently heard Miller something along the lines of the strip sack your team recovers and takes it in for a score. Is the biggest play in football. I think it depends on the situation at the time myself, but he's not wrong about that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, its time to make it within the rules to allow players to use roids. The ones that promote healing and recovery. Not only are these guys just too damn big and strong in today's era. A lot of them likely over-train during the off-season as well setting themselves up for injury.

Here's to Watt getting 100% healthy. I read somewhere that his initial injury gave him pause and had him thinking retirement. I wonder if this latest injury or re-injury draws him claoser to that possibility.

And it also might be though that they don't train enough. Players now have much longer breaks during the off season away from the facility. Then when they do come back there is very little contact allowed so really for a lot of these guys that first true contact for them isn't until week 1 and sometimes that can be quite the shock to the system.

I would also add that a lot of the ex-players of the league talked about how Training Camp is when they got into shape since they were practicing 2-3 times a day, plus weights, and so on. So they didn't really need to train when away from the facility as much. Now players are being asked to hold themselves accountable.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do feel for the Texans. Watt has been a man among boys on the field and honestly plays the way most of us wish we saw our guys play. He just plays with such reckless abandonment and cares more about making a play than about protecting himself. His body has been breaking down for a while where it seems every year he is playing through some pretty gruesome injuries that would have shut down lesser players. I worry this won't just be a 1-year issue for him but he will go the Ryan Clady way of injuries beginning to compound on top of each other.

Obviously we don't know much about the injury yet but if this is the same injury have to start questioning a bit the training staff for letting Watt back onto the field before he was truly ready. I know hindsight makes it easy to criticize and I'm sure saying no to JJ Watt is no easy task but this is what they get paid for.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boz played 3 seasons in the NFL. I think Watt is on the same road

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im gonna miss JJ dominating the Titans and Jaguars, and needing a GPS to find him in big games

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some wagering places are removing the Titans-Texans game from the board now.

Yup, that's how bad the Texans are without Watt.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough break for JJ Watt. He'll rehab and be back next season.

I think he pushed himself to come back too soon.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough break for JJ Watt. He'll rehab and be back next season.

I think he pushed himself to come back too soon.

Never be the same....Any athlete, whenever its the back, you never see that same guy