• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Clausen to start for the Bears Sunday

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's just something about Jay that makes you want to hit him with a ball bat everytime he opens his mouth.....Maybe they finally figured out that he is simply not a leader and that position requires you to be....
But if they haven't, this guy is sitting by the phone with his helmet and cleats on, ready to go.....
ed6bba49-1a3c-4c13-8a43-2d72a8143023_zpsf7d74ac1.gif

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cutler scheduled to make 1.3 million on sunday

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are throwing in the towel for the season, why not just put Fales out there?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad all of the 'lol @ Cutler' threads have been lost to time

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know how teams pay out such big contracts to guys like Cutler, Kap etc? WTF Robberies of the century by their agents

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the Bears organization believes that this will help the Bears just shows how ignorant and messed up the Bears from top to bottom really are. There is no talent in Chicago but Forte. Marshall has slowed down and Jeffrey is ok but lacks speed. This so called experts that say the Bears have to much talent to be this bad are just blind or plain stupid. Just saying.

This is hilarious. All offseason all I heard was how the Bears had surrounded Cutler with all of this incredible offensive talent. Forte. Marshall. Jeffrey. Bennet. That he finally had a decent offensive line. That he had an offensive and quarterback guru for a coach who was going to get the most out of him. That he was finally ready to take that next step as a quarterback.

And now that it hasn't worked out? Well, the offensive line sucks. And they can't run the ball. And Marshall and Jeffrey really aren't all that great. And Trestman is an idiot who has no clue what he's doing.

When do the excuses stop for Cutler? When do the Cutler defenders realize that he is very much part of the problem? That he has terrible pocket awareness that leads to more sacks than he should be taking? That he has awful mechanics and even worse decision making and that's why he leads the league in turnovers? That a lot of his numbers have been put up in garbage time, and that when the game is actually in doubt (like the first half against the Saints Monday night) he's awful?

Cutler is a loser. He's not a leader and he's not the kind of guy you build a team around. He's already managed to get one team to give up on him, and it looks like he may have gotten a second team to give up on him. He's had two coaches fired and that may soon be three. Wherever he goes, losing and dysfunction follow.

In hindsight, it looks like the best thing McDaniels ever did for the Broncos was ship him off to the Bears.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know how teams pay out such big contracts to guys like Cutler, Kap etc? WTF Robberies of the century by their agents

Teams are afraid to let even an average QB hit the open market. The niners were much smarter about it than the Bears though by not locking up too much in guarantees for that tool bag. The Bears however, treated Cutler to a Rodgers sized commitment.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Combination of inept front offices and desperate coaches makes for some great paydays for mediocre QB's. Hard to find and keep that franchise QB you must have to build a quality team that can be a threat year after year. Add that it can take 3-5 years for some QB's to really emerge and show they are really that threat and you get some awesome contracts like this. Well awesome if you aren't a fan of that team anyway.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a rule a team doesn`t find franchise qbs on the waiver wire.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone falls in love with his arm, but...

Heard he is due 17 mil next year. If they cant trade him, dont think they can cut him unitl 2016?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trestman is the first coach with the nerve to say, "cant win with this guy, no matter what he's getting paid"

Bears did pretty well with McCown last year didnt they? Trestman also guided Jake the Snake and Cardinals to playoffs. He does have a proven track record with quarterbacks.

Cutler seemingly has crashed that record.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trestman is the first coach with the nerve to say, "cant win with this guy, no matter what he's getting paid"

Bears did pretty well with McCown last year didnt they? Trestman also guided Jake the Snake and Cardinals to playoffs. He does have a proven track record with quarterbacks.

Cutler seemingly has crashed that record.

He's an obstinate dickhead. I think he is just running whatever he wants, and giving Trestman the bird. I dont know what to think, and have stopped caring.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a very interesting development. What does this mean going forward? obviously NOT all three will be back next season Trestman, Emery, and Cutler: maybe ALL THREE. Can you imagine if Clausen plays decent, is that enough to save Trestmen or Emery?

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the Bears organization believes that this will help the Bears just shows how ignorant and messed up the Bears from top to bottom really are. There is no talent in Chicago but Forte. Marshall has slowed down and Jeffrey is ok but lacks speed. This so called experts that say the Bears have to much talent to be this bad are just blind or plain stupid. Just saying.

smiley-confused002.gif

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a very interesting development. What does this mean going forward? obviously NOT all three will be back next season Trestman, Emery, and Cutler: maybe ALL THREE. Can you imagine if Clausen plays decent, is that enough to save Trestmen or Emery?

I would think Trestman is definitely gone next season. It sounds like he has really lost the locker room and going to Clausen is a last ditch effort to say "it's not me, it's him!" but Jimmy Clausen sucks.

I think Cutler is an OK QB having a bad season. It just happens to be the worst contract in sports. The problem is you cut him, take a huge cap hit, and are left kicking the tires on someone else's discard who is probably going to be worse then him next season. I think Cutler comes back after agreeing to restructure his deal.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article from Barnwell about Cutler and the Bears. A few excerpts.

It’s fair to say Cutler’s numbers have been inflated by game situation. Arbitrarily defining garbage time to be any series in which a team is down by 14 points or more in the second half, the average starting quarterback in 2014 (minimum 200 attempts) has thrown 9.7 percent of his attempts and 9.9 percent of his passing yardage during garbage time. Cutler has thrown 17.1 percent of his attempts in those situations and gained 20.1 percent of his passing yards. He’s also posted a 102.7 passer rating in garbage time, up from the 87.5 figure Cutler’s hit during all other situations.

The Chicago offensive line has allowed pressure on only 22.1 percent of dropbacks, the seventh-lowest percentage in football. Cutler is averaging 7.6 yards in the air per pass, the 11th-fewest in the league. Chicago receivers are dropping 4.4 percent of Cutler’s passes, the 11th-highest rate in the league.

It would be wrong to say there are receivers running open on every play, just as it would be inaccurate to suggest that pass-rushers are bombing into the backfield on each Cutler dropback without any resistance. But nobody’s playing great. The receivers aren’t getting especially open. The offensive line is inconsistent at best. And Cutler looks downright lost at times. I can understand why Rich Gannon was suggesting last month that the Bears should sit Cutler.

Chicago?s First Scapegoat: Jay Cutler «

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His hit next year if they release him would be roughly the same they are paying him now (19.5M vs. a regular 16.5M cap hit), at least how I interpret it on Spotrac. His guaranteed was HIGHLY front loaded this year.

That said, I'm sure the Jets will give up a 2nd rounder for him.