• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets Trade Up to 3rd Overall Pick

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No TD, no rings....Elway was still a very good player, but he wasn't the run all over and unleash a 60 yd bomb guy anymore....Davis was the difference maker on that team.

Yep, no doubt about it... Broncos defense was decent and they had Davis in that running game that controlled the clock and controlled the game, Elway didn't have the pressure on himself to try and take over anything...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, no doubt about it... Broncos defense was decent and they had Davis in that running game that controlled the clock and controlled the game, Elway didn't have the pressure on himself to try and take over anything...
Davis can definitely be argued to be the guy who put an already good team over the top. It should not be forgotten that was a good team outside of Davis.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis may have been the final piece, he was not thee piece. There's a false conflation there that's similar to the Fournette discussion earlier; except Davis was actually very good obviously.

I actually will go as far and say he was THE pc.

'98 playoff run

• 31/184/2
  • 25/101/2
  • 26/139/1
  • 30/157/3***
'99 playoff run

• 21/199.2
  • 32/167/1
  • 25/102/-, 3 rep/50 yds***
***SB game.

Those are the playoff game carry/yards/TDs for Terrell Davis. The back to back SB run with him being the catalyst is largely the reason he's wearing a gold jacket.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better hope Teams 1 and 2 pass then. Sounds like if Rosen isn't there it'll be Allen. I fear Jets fans will be extinct if that happens.

Jets fans have a long and storied history of giving up on draft day...only to return next year

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis can definitely be argued to be the guy who put an already good team over the top. It should not be forgotten that was a good team outside of Davis.

Exactly...they were a good team that couldn't play with the big rough NFC teams in the playoffs...with Davis...they could stand toe to toe.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis may have been the final piece, he was not thee piece. There's a false conflation there that's similar to the Fournette discussion earlier; except Davis was actually very good obviously.

Fournette...he's not TD by a long stretch. I can see why someone would draw the comparison, but Bortles has to play much better for JAX to make it to the SB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please B Rosen

By going to 3 instead of 2...of course they run the risk of getting the 3rd QB off the board, but I don't see that happening unless BUF has a favorite and decide to move up themselves.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to whom? Charlie? The Bills are trading up for one of Allen or Rosen, ditto with the Jets most likely per reports.
Did you catch Walterfootball the other day? He had the Browns drafting Allen with the 1st,2nd and 17th picks in the first rd. The whole site was a mess. My guess they should probably avoid mock updates on St Oatricks day in the future :L

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you catch Walterfootball the other day? He had the Browns drafting Allen with the 1st,2nd and 17th picks in the first rd. The whole site was a mess. My guess they should probably avoid mock updates on St Oatricks day in the future :L
Yeah, I saw that. I still read just to acclimate myself to some names so I can do subsequent research, but I've caught on to their schtick recently.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By going to 3 instead of 2...of course they run the risk of getting the 3rd QB off the board, but I don't see that happening unless BUF has a favorite and decide to move up themselves.

Just please NOT Mayfield, then

Darnold might be okay, but I think the owners have seen enough Southern Cal QBs for this century

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw that. I still read just to acclimate myself to some names so I can do subsequent research, but I've caught on to their schtick recently.
Yeah WF is good for sorting players out by position and an occasional stat or combine result. But the player write ups are pretty generic. Almost more like they read the post games. Rather than watching the games. Basically make it look pretty. I do agree it's good for putting the names in one place but you're definitely better off doing you're own research.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh of course they were a well rounded team, but it was Davis who made the difference controlling the ball and clock and taking pressure of Elway... Elway had a rough time in Super-Bowls when he was trying to air it out all the time.. Elway was great, loved his game, but even the greats need some help ...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold killed it at SC's pro day. His shows were all on point and he was dropping dimes in the rain. They gave him the option of trying to throw before the rain. But he wanted teams to see weather doesn't effect him. Would have liked to see his top target Burnett able to go. But he's still got a hamstring issue. Could be a steal as a slot wr if he drops

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold killed it at SC's pro day. His shows were all on point and he was dropping dimes in the rain. They gave him the option of trying to throw before the rain. But he wanted teams to see weather doesn't effect him. Would have liked to see his top target Burnett able to go. But he's still got a hamstring issue. Could be a steal as a slot wr if he drops
I can't get over how he looked against Ohio State. He has bust written all over himself. But that is just my opinion which is likely to be wrong. No way would I use a top 3 pick on him. However, if he goes to Cleveland, he may be in good shape. They have a good offensive line. Their defense isn't horrible. They have very good WR's. They also have lots of good draft picks.
2018 NFL DRAFT

First round: (2) Own pick, Texans' pick.

Second round: (3) Own pick, Eagles' pick, Texans' pick.

Third round: No picks.

Fourth round: (1) Packers' pick.

Fifth round: (1) Packers' pick.

Sixth round: (1) Own pick.

Seventh round: (1) Own pick.

Plus there is not any pressure. With Tyrod there and nowhere to go but up. That is the place to be.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get over how he looked against Ohio State. He has bust written all over himself. But that is just my opinion which is likely to be wrong. No way would I use a top 3 pick on him. However, if he goes to Cleveland, he may be in good shape. They have a good offensive line. Their defense isn't horrible. They have very good WR's. They also have lots of good draft picks.
2018 NFL DRAFT

First round: (2) Own pick, Texans' pick.

Second round: (3) Own pick, Eagles' pick, Texans' pick.

Third round: No picks.

Fourth round: (1) Packers' pick.

Fifth round: (1) Packers' pick.

Sixth round: (1) Own pick.

Seventh round: (1) Own pick.

Plus there is not any pressure. With Tyrod there and nowhere to go but up. That is the place to be.

He actually put up really good numbers against OSU. Martin dropped the ball on the play calling. And abandoned the run when they were moving the chains. Burnetts fumble after a dart on a 1st down throw.Set the tone in that game.Tee actually hung him out to dry with a depleted Oline and telegraphing the play calling. Along with SC's shot Oline. Not the best gauge. Following the PAC,Mayfield and Allen last season. Rosen and Allen display all the signs of most likely to bust.

Darnold was on the money in the rain. Even chose to throw in the rain to show he can play in bad conditions