• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

jerry Jones at 25 years of ownership

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I clicked the link with full intentions on reading........

Then when the page loaded I immediately closed it. Whoever wrote that, needs to go back to journalism school. Jerry has not won here, lets get that factoid straight right now. I appreciate the marketing genius he is, and the hires he made in Johnson and Switzer. But these last 17 years flat out tell the truth. That is Jerry cant compose a winning football team.

.500 is .500 and one playoff win is one playoff win

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then when the page loaded I immediately closed it. Whoever wrote that, needs to go back to journalism school. Jerry has not won here, lets get that factoid straight right now. I appreciate the marketing genius he is, and the hires he made in Johnson and Switzer. But these last 17 years flat out tell the truth. That is Jerry cant compose a winning football team.

and a low IQ dick head is still a low IQ dickhead

you are about 15 minutes early .... Mr after midnight ..... still posters online ..... Race ended late

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

''Jerry has not won here''. He has done an average at best job the last 20 years. But you can't pretend he wasn't in the same capacity as Owner/GM when the Cowboys were one of the greatest teams of all time and won 3 out of 4 Championships. Not to mention if the salary cap hadn't come along when it did, that could have easily been 5 or 6.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can call the Salary Cap, the Jones/Debartelo(sp) rule. Otherwise the Superbowl would be the NFC Championship game every year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can call the Salary Cap, the Jones/Debartelo(sp) rule. Otherwise the Superbowl would be the NFC Championship game every year.

That's basically what it was. Dallas and SF would have won every Super Bowl until the turn of the century. Makes me wonder, if it had been the NYG and Patriots dominating the sport, would the cap have come to pass...

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
''Jerry has not won here''. He has done an average at best job the last 20 years. But you can't pretend he wasn't in the same capacity as Owner/GM when the Cowboys were one of the greatest teams of all time and won 3 out of 4 Championships. Not to mention if the salary cap hadn't come along when it did, that could have easily been 5 or 6.

Once Jimmy left it was just a matter of time before things would crumble, and they did. And the great Jerry Jones hasn't recovered and still rebuilding 17 years later.

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and a low IQ dick head is still a low IQ dickhead

you are about 15 minutes early .... Mr after midnight ..... still posters online ..... Race ended late

Odd comment is odd, since you bitch and moan and accuse others of doing nothing but name calling and trolling........

Your IQ is three, negative 3. Retards laugh at you as they pass you on the street

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd comment is odd, since you bitch and moan and accuse others of doing nothing but name calling and trolling........

Your IQ is three, negative 3. Retards laugh at you as they pass you on the street

Its his usual M.O. He's a baby when he doesn't have complete control of the room.

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good article about how Jones fought to grow his bank account to the billions.

He has a brilliant marking mind. His football one though just gets worse with age.

Now you keep those comments to yourself mister. Ol' Unlce Twist will fuck you up via the internet if you don't gargle on his ball sack

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its his usual M.O. He's a baby when he doesn't have complete control of the room.

Well he should have been the mod then. He is all knowing and all better than everyone. If he cant make internet mod, that really tells us all we need to know about him.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many topics have you made to talk about me?

you cant win a debate with me
you can't possibly kick my ass

So your sole purpose is to hope I give you attention

carry on little bitch ..... you and your retard assisted living SOLO friend .... maybe yall can suck each other off and share some fruit juice after :laugh3:

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many topics have you made to talk about me?

you cant win a debate with me
you can't possibly kick my ass

So your sole purpose is to hope I give you attention

carry on little bitch ..... you and your retard assisted living SOLO friend .... maybe yall can suck each other off and share some fruit juice after :laugh3:

:suds::lol::nod::clap:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. It has been my point all along that he did NOT serve in the same role of GM while that team was built. He may have had the title, but he didn't do the job. Jimmy was the GM and that still burns Jerry to this day and we are all paying for it whilst he tries to do it his way...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I disagree"

happens more often with some
best part?.........least someone is learning something

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once dreamed that Stevie would be able to right the ship once Jerrah retire. After looking at the cap it is obvious that Steven is a moron. The facts are clear: }errah has not built a playoff caliber roster since he ran Jimmy out of town. Switzer was a caretaker and the team won the superbowl in spite of his idiocy

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys, I know it is the offseason and who hates whom...but lets not make every thread the same back and forth. Cleaning this up in about 5 minutes.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Jerry has been here, by my count there have been 14 teams that have won the SuperBowl. Jerry has done that 3 times. I'm no fan of Jerry's, everyone here knows that. I wish he would back off and let football guys (the real ones, not the ones who claim to be football guys like Jerrah) run the team, but he won't.

With that said, it still annoys me to see people lay all the blame at Jerry's feet and give all the praise to someone else. Anything good was done by Jimmy or Bill, everything bad was done by Jerry. It's laughable. yeah, there is plenty of blame to go around and Jerry deserves all of it. But he should get credit for Jimmy and Bill...someone had to hire them and know when to get out of the way so they could win or make the right picks. As for Switzer, he gets very little credit from me. He inherited what he won and managed to not screw things up, that was his only job.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he should get credit for Jimmy and Bill...someone had to hire them and know when to get out of the way so they could win or make the right picks.

Interesting. I've never seen anyone not give credit for Jerry hiring Jimmy or Bill. As a matter of fact I am one of the few on here that doesn't think Jerry is a good owner. Most feel he is a horrible GM, but think he is a very good owner.

Now as far as getting out of the way...does that really sound like Jerry of today? He stayed out of Jimmy's way because he knew he didn't know shit about anything. He stayed out of Bill's way because that was the only way to get Bill at the end and in typical Jerry fashion he flip flops philosophy and it was time to hire a guy like Parcells. Me personally, I don't give a guy credit for staying out of the way...otherwise known as doing nothing...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I've never seen anyone not give credit for Jerry hiring Jimmy or Bill. As a matter of fact I am one of the few on here that doesn't think Jerry is a good owner. Most feel he is a horrible GM, but think he is a very good owner.

Now as far as getting out of the way...does that really sound like Jerry of today? He stayed out of Jimmy's way because he knew he didn't know shit about anything. He stayed out of Bill's way because that was the only way to get Bill at the end and in typical Jerry fashion he flip flops philosophy and it was time to hire a guy like Parcells. Me personally, I don't give a guy credit for staying out of the way...otherwise known as doing nothing...

I've seen it before. It's the same as people who get onto Ron Washington for little boneheaded decisions but never credit him for making the right ones. There have been many over the years, dating back to ESPN, who have say "Jimmy won, not Jerry" but then turn right around and say "Campo didn't lose, Jerry lost". Not everyone does that, but some do.

As for Jerry getting out of the way, no it isn't him today. Jerry is hard-headed and needs a good beat down to get it into his head that he needs a GM type in here to call shots...like Bill was. 8-8 won't get through to him. We go 4-12 three years in a row and you will see someone brought in and given a blank check like Parcells basically was. I do give credit to guys like Kraft. In business, the best managers are the ones that know how to put the right people in the right place and not micro-manage. Jerry is a micro-manager. Someone like Kraft isn't. He hires people to do a job and lets them do it. Belichik is allowed to bring in his guys for his system, not the big names that will sell jerseys or get them on Outside the Lines.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read Jimmy Johnson's book, "Turning the thing around: My life in football" (Great read, by the way).

He says that when he took the job him and Jerry had an understanding - he would handle the players and Jerry would handle the money, "Right down to the socks and the jocks".

It was a division of labor and it worked.

As Jerry said, "We're going to 'gee and haw' it together".

Slowly, Jerry began to drift and take more power.

The Tony Casillas trade from Atlanta. Jimmy put it together and let Jerry know when it was done. 10 minutes later (as Jimmy tells the story on, "A Football Life") Jerry is on TV telling people how he put the deal together. Jimmy asked him why and Jerry said, "Jimmy, if I put a deal together worth millions - no one cares. If I trade for a player, people care".

This was the beginning of the end.

Jerry wanted more limelight.

Yes, he deserves credit for hiring a great coach and getting the hell out of the way. That being said, he's earned as much there as any other owner gets for hiring a great coach and getting the hell out of the way.

The final straw between the two was Ken Norton Jr. Jimmy wanted to keep him and Jerry didn't.

As the story goes Jimmy said, "It's my team" and Jerry said, "On the contrary, it's my team".

And that was that.

Having read Jimmy's book, I can tell you he has little to do with people that break their word to him. Jerry had given Jimmy his word that the men would always be his end of things, and when Jerry broke that - Jimmy was gone.

The managed to win another SB with Switzer at the helm (IMHO the 'Boys would have won at least 2 more with Jimmy as the HC), but as time marches on the team is stuck exactly where they were before Jerry bought them....mediocrity.

Give Jerry credit for hiring Jimmy...but give him blame for driving him away and screwing the pooch ever since.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be fair and judge Jerry by the totality of what he has done.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK. He has TOTALLY screwed us with regards to building a team and killing the cap...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm one who wants Jerry to continue to own this team, but the NFL is a what have you done for me lately business. GM Jerry has to go, and if losing OWNER Jerry is the only way that is going to happen then let him go too. I'm not against Jerry as much as Jarntt is but I will side with him on whatever it take to get a new GM.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. He has TOTALLY screwed us with regards to building a team and killing the cap...

Sorry Jarntt. Jerry's 3 rings stays on his resume no matter how much you want to forget it.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one who wants Jerry to continue to own this team, but the NFL is a what have you done for me lately business. GM Jerry has to go, and if losing OWNER Jerry is the only way that is going to happen then let him go too. I'm not against Jerry as much as Jarntt is but I will side with him on whatever it take to get a new GM.

I'm all for getting rid of Jerry the GM.