• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jamarcus Russell: I'd Play For Free

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite story about JaMarcus Russell: the Raiders coaches suspected that Russell wasn't studying the game plan dvd's they were sending home with him. To confirm their suspicions, they sent home a blank dvd and told him to study it because that was the game plan for their next game. When he came back, they asked him what he thought of the game plan and he said, "looks good."

That should tell you all you need to know about JaMarcus Russell.

That also says a lot about the Raiders at that time.

You know youre not a good organization when you play passive aggresive games like that rather than just put a foot in his ass.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former No. 1 pick QB Russell would 'play for free'

I have to be honest, I'm no LSU fan, but my heart goes out to this dude. He seems to love the game more than people realized, and it sounds like he's done a great job of getting back into better shape compared to what he was at. He also seems to be owning up to his bust status and all the criticism he got. It'd be a helluva comeback story.

You seriously need to go back to the college football board because you're embarrassing yourself here, man.

Oh wait, you do the same there too. :L

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be fair back then in Oakland there really wasn't that much to play for, I mean there was no serious direction from management. The mentality was players can act like moron's off the field if they wanted to as long as they showed on Sunday's chanting the team slogan, "just win."

I understand that. But at the same time its on him to stay in shape and put the work in. He is an adult and getting paid. It is amazing given even a bad situation what having the right players can do.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamarcus Russell has reportedly upped his asking price.

He'll now play for a 64 oz. Big Gulp cup of purple drank.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that. But at the same time its on him to stay in shape and put the work in. He is an adult and getting paid. It is amazing given even a bad situation what having the right players can do.

No you are correct, he could've easily kept up on his workouts ...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is gonna take a feeler out on this guy, Johnny Boy has scared a lot of folks but I got a feeling one cheap former NFL QB will get a camp invite...