• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's On to Denver...

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think CDumler said in a previous post the it wasn't so much the cold, but the wind that effects Peyton Manning. He doesn't throw a tight spiral and his passes waiver slightly regardless of distance. If that is the issue, then a cold windy day Sunday will favor the Patriots pass defense. I've coached boys and young men for 40 years and have always tried to tell my quarterbacks to keep their passes as low as possible. one, the wind has less effect , two, the defense has less chance to react because they don't see it as well and three, it takes less time to get to the receiver. Peyton does have a tremendous arm and when he throws deep, he gets a lot of air under the ball. If the day is cold and windy, he won't be able to get his normal grip and the wind will do two things to a deep pass. It will move the ball either more quickly or more slowly and it will also float the ball regardless if it's going with the wind or against it.

Brady throws a very tight spiral. It's called a "heavy" ball. His passes are rarely caught if the receiver doesn't use his hands. Any attempt to cradle the ball will be dropped or bounce off the receiver.

Personally, I'm hoping the temps are in the mid 50's with little or no wind. I want to see the Patriots play the Broncos without any adverse conditions. If they win, they win without excuse, if they lose, they lose without excuse.
umm,....we might need that ~wind~ to help us win......''nuff-said''...!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think CDumler said in a previous post the it wasn't so much the cold, but the wind that effects Peyton Manning. He doesn't throw a tight spiral and his passes waiver slightly regardless of distance. If that is the issue, then a cold windy day Sunday will favor the Patriots pass defense. I've coached boys and young men for 40 years and have always tried to tell my quarterbacks to keep their passes as low as possible. one, the wind has less effect , two, the defense has less chance to react because they don't see it as well and three, it takes less time to get to the receiver. Peyton does have a tremendous arm and when he throws deep, he gets a lot of air under the ball. If the day is cold and windy, he won't be able to get his normal grip and the wind will do two things to a deep pass. It will move the ball either more quickly or more slowly and it will also float the ball regardless if it's going with the wind or against it.

Brady throws a very tight spiral. It's called a "heavy" ball. His passes are rarely caught if the receiver doesn't use his hands. Any attempt to cradle the ball will be dropped or bounce off the receiver.

Personally, I'm hoping the temps are in the mid 50's with little or no wind. I want to see the Patriots play the Broncos without any adverse conditions. If they win, they win without excuse, if they lose, they lose without excuse.

The wind definitely has been the issue more in the past with Manning. I will say though his spirals have probably been the best I have ever seen them. They talked all off season of how Manning's arm is the strongest it has been in a long time and it has been showing on the field more. Manning has never been a big time deep thrower but this year he seems to be a lot more aggressive with throwing down the field. I think it is a couple of things...With each passing year that he gets away from his neck surgeries he trusts his arm more to do what he wants it to do...second the Broncos finally give him some deep threat weapons with Sanders and D. Thomas both having 4.3 forty type speed running down the field. So to me this will be a good test for Manning of can he throw in the wind? I honestly don't know how to answer that right now.

Honestly I am one that I want it to be cold and windy. The Broncos would do well to face some adverse weather this early in the season so they could better prepare for it later in the year especially come playoff time. With what is shaping up to be the top teams in the AFC there is a good chance at some point in the playoffs the Broncos are going to have to play in bad weather. I would rather know now what they need to work on so they can actually go and win when the weather makes it more difficult to rely so heavily on the pass.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought graham would have the ''hotter'' temper between the two [him and gronk].,...graham looks like he's in a bad mood everytime he steps on the field/scores, while gronk is a happy lunk just having a good ol' time...?!

I agree Graham seems to be the bigger hot head of the two. I just think people know not to mess with Gronk as he is a big teddy bear but if I had to choose which of the two to fight Gronk would be at the bottom of the list of TE's I would want to fight. I mean he talked in some interview I watched of he and his brothers fighting as kids and it sounded like the rule was "if you're not bleeding you're not fighting hard enough."

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Graham seems to be the bigger hot head of the two. I just think people know not to mess with Gronk as he is a big teddy bear but if I had to choose which of the two to fight Gronk would be at the bottom of the list of TE's I would want to fight. I mean he talked in some interview I watched of he and his brothers fighting as kids and it sounded like the rule was "if you're not bleeding you're not fighting hard enough."
lol,....I'd def. buy tix to watch those two fight in a [ring].,...yup, I think gronk's mom had her hands full raising him and 4 other boys [?].

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Insider report 60% chance of rain and 22MPH winds. Of course....that can change.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction
Gray gets 100+ yards,
Develin is used receiving from out of the backfield.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Accuweather forecast for Sunday for Foxboro is a mix of rain and snow throughout the day. Temperatures will be in the upper 30s to low 40s. The wind will be brutal. The sun sets at 4:35 PM because we turn the clocks back an tonight. The temperatuire for the game will be mid 30s to low 40s with a varying wind of 25-35 mph the entire game with gusts that could reach 55 mph. The wind chill during the game will be in the mid to upper 20s. For the start of the game it will be a light rain and snow mix tapering off as the game continues. Basically it will be an introduction to winter.

Today in southern NH it's 41 degrees with almost no wind. I spent three hours vacuuming leaves in my back yard in a continuous drizzle. I'd hate to have to play in today's weather with no wind, tomorrow if the forecast holds will be ugly. I'll be watching from the warm spot in front of my fireplace.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Accuweather forecast for Sunday for Foxboro is a mix of rain and snow throughout the day. Temperatures will be in the upper 30s to low 40s. The wind will be brutal. The sun sets at 4:35 PM because we turn the clocks back an tonight. The temperatuire for the game will be mid 30s to low 40s with a varying wind of 25-35 mph the entire game with gusts that could reach 55 mph. The wind chill during the game will be in the mid to upper 20s. For the start of the game it will be a light rain and snow mix tapering off as the game continues. Basically it will be an introduction to winter.

Today in southern NH it's 41 degrees with almost no wind. I spent three hours vacuuming leaves in my back yard in a continuous drizzle. I'd hate to have to play in today's weather with no wind, tomorrow if the forecast holds will be ugly. I'll be watching from the warm spot in front of my fireplace.
thanx for that update,.....I'd of loved to have gone to that game [I def. did in the past],....dress appropriately and fill those fake binoculars with plenty of ~Turkey~,......mmmmmmm.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll be watching with the air conditioning on. It's 88 degrees here in Okinawa!
(I'll dress appropriately for the weather.....

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be watching with the air conditioning on. It's 88 degrees here in Okinawa!
(I'll dress appropriately for the weather.....
uuuggh,...........[good for you],.....I can already hear the ~wind~ gusts hitting my home at 6:30/am,..i can see another ''interesting'' game today with the wing-gusts predicted to be 30-40/mph esp. at open-area/gillette....!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning sports fans..!!!!

Turning the clock back an hour is bad for people like me. I stayed up late last night and still woke up at 3:55 AM. Stayed in bed until 5 and finally rolled out to make the coffee.

The weather here is biting cold because the wind is stiff this morning. I take my Shi-Tzu for a half mile walk twice a day. We went out about 7:30 AM and here is what is really happening in New England.

The sky is completely overcast. The temperature is 40 degrees and has been since I got up. The wind is blowing steady at 23 mph and it's gusting to about 40. I wore a suede leather coat and was comfortable for the walk but by the time I got home, my leash hand was near frozen. The Channel 5 Boston weather report says that Foxboro will get between 1 and 2 inches of snow. The temp in Foxboro is 38 degrees and the winds are blowing between 28 - 35 mph, gusting to as high as 45 mph. Supposedly the front will push through and the weather will be very cold and very windy by 5:00 PM.

Think what you may, but neither team has played in weather like this so far this year and the Patriots have no advantage because the temps have not been this low nor have the winds been quite this blustry.

If the weather is a factor, it will be because it affects the ball not the passers.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got ~wet~ snow falling [as I type].........I'm about 30 miles away from Gillette....!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Morning Mother.....latest is that you're also getting 60 mph winds and that they're steady. Looks like a lot of tree damage and power lines being taken down. You may want to skip going to Mayor Menino's wake.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't upload photos of my back yard. An Alder snapped in half in the wind and tore off several large branches of a 65 ft pine tree next to it. The pine deflected the entire mess over my tool shed and onto a chain link fence that separates my yard from my neighbor's. The down tree is about 8" in diameter. I'll be spending time this week trying to get my insurance company to clean up the mess.......

It'll be fun watching footballs today......................

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Denver fan, I won't say good luck, but I'm hoping for another good game like we've had the last couple of years, maybe this time Denver can come out on top though.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Morning Mother.....latest is that you're also getting 60 mph winds and that they're steady. Looks like a lot of tree damage and power lines being taken down. You may want to skip going to Mayor Menino's wake.

....morning B-K,....we gotta ~blizzard~ going on down there at Gillette,....I'm closer to the N.H./border not as bad,....hopefully we can put peyton to ~rest~ just like our dearly-departed mayor menino [today].......:rip:.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that could stop the broncos offense was a blizzard,go figure

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't upload photos of my back yard. An Alder snapped in half in the wind and tore off several large branches of a 65 ft pine tree next to it. The pine deflected the entire mess over my tool shed and onto a chain link fence that separates my yard from my neighbor's. The down tree is about 8" in diameter. I'll be spending time this week trying to get my insurance company to clean up the mess.......

It'll be fun watching footballs today......................

I was mad that the slight breeze blew my golf ball into the water

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be watching the CBS pregame show. They just went to Phil Simms in Foxboro. The tractors are working like hell to clear the field and the game is 3-1/2 hours from now. There at least 3 inches of snow on the ground and it's blowing sideways. They're changing the forecast now. This rain and "light" snow was supposed to taper off by 4:00 PM. Now they're saying it will continue to snow until at least 3:00 PM because the storm is picking up so much moisture. Maybe we'll have another Snowbowl?