• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's On to Denver...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Pats start a string of games against some of the league's best QB's we'll see what the defense really is. We know the defense is good enough against the bottom feeding QB's but I don't think right now they have enough to stop the top ones. I hope BB can pull a rabbit out of his ass.

Right now I think Denver had a little too much of an advantage of both sides of the ball. I do think the Patriots have the ability to win but it's going to take a big enough effort to put Denver back on it's heels for a time. I don't think we can just go toe to toe and win.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I say this? Thank goodness Pats fans don't fucking carry twelfth man signs into the stadium. Thank goodness we don't do shit like tomahawk chops. Thank goodness we don't wave a silly little towel around. I saw Cowboys fans tonight all waving their white towels around 'cause the fems in Pittsburgh laid claim to yellow. Terrible towel? Really? The only towel to be feared just sopped up vomit from an ebola patient.

Cripes.
lol,.....the only thing a pats fan carries is hidden ~booze~ and a beer in each hand,...ain't enough hands for that other crap [towels, chopping,etc.].,.......nuff'said/~buuuurp~.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I think Denver had a little too much of an advantage of both sides of the ball. I do think the Patriots have the ability to win but it's going to take a big enough effort to put Denver back on it's heels for a time. I don't think we can just go toe to toe and win.
hmm,....yu best hand-in your [pats-caard] and sit over on the ''visitors-side'' with that ~mentality~,..........if the broncos bring that white stallion with them you better hop on it/ride biitch/to their side before kick-off,.......*wink*.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if we get a lead and Denver abandons the run, our D can put a hurt on any Pass-only offense.....

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BigKen just to point out a couple of things...Broncos actually have 2 starters out at this time in Montee Ball (been injured really the whole year and just hasn't been quite right) and then the most critical is that of Danny Trevathan. Last year he was our defensive MVP for the season. He is the 3-down linebacker that has the green dot on his helmet making all the calls on the field. He also was our big play coverage linebacker that really helped against TE's (the Patriots strength). So I would say that is a pretty darn big injury for this team. You are right though in we have been pretty fortunate that we only have those 2 injuries then a few guys just dinged up.

As for the game I just do not know what to expect. A couple of weeks ago people were saying the Pats were done. Amazing how quickly all that can change. I still don't know what to expect from them though with the blowout loss to the Chiefs and only close wins against the Jets and Raiders (both home games). At the same time the offense seems to finally be clicking and Tom Brady is looking the best that he has looked in a long time.

Right now I would say this game comes down to whose defense shows up best. We know the offenses can put up points so which defense can limit the other side the most. BigKen I will disagree in the style of defense the Broncos will play. They have played more man coverage with every passing week as the Corners get healthy and more acclimated to our defensive scheme. My guess right now is they will stick Harris on Edelman, Talib on LaFell, then bracket against Gronk. Not sure what they will do to the other TE. They also might play a mix of Zone and Man doing more Man on the outside with the corners then zone up the middle. I could also see them stick Roby on one of the TE's as he has been a sure tackler and probably our biggest hitter in the secondary. Make those TE's pay for trying to catch the football.

I would also say if you are giving Manning 4-5 seconds as you suggested BigKen he is going to burn you in that time frame. Right now Manning gets rid of the ball faster than any other quarterback in the league at around 2 seconds from snap to throw. So if you give him double that time he will tear that secondary apart. Same with Brady though. They say 3 seconds is the cut off for great quarterbacks. If you can get to them in 3 or less seconds then most likely you are going to find success. Longer than 3 seconds though and it is going to be a long day.

Right now the temperature of the game means jack squat. Peyton plays just fine in cold weather (stupidest idea yet against Manning). His issue is more when the cold also brings the wind. Because he doesn't throw the perfect spiral windy conditions are where he struggles most. Just like last year the cold wasn't the issue as they played in colder weather throughout the year than the game last year in Foxboro. The wind limited the ability though for Manning to throw.

Trevathon Ill give you as a guy injured that is a huge loss and a starter but Montee Ball just because he was the starting RB doesnt mean he should have been. Sorry to disagree but Ball right now is no big loss. Hillman and Thompson are doing very well and hopefully they keep it going. Ball may be eventually needed but now no big loss.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm,....yu best hand-in your [pats-caard] and sit over on the ''visitors-side'' with that ~mentality~,..........if the broncos bring that white stallion with them you better hop on it/ride biitch/to their side before kick-off,.......*wink*.

I fret a lot but I definitely want to see the Manning face another time. I think the edge is with Denver but if the Oline can give Brady enough time we can definitely score on them. They can't double team Gronk and let everyone else go single covered. Then it's up Revis and Browning to earn their pay.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fret a lot but I definitely want to see the Manning face another time. I think the edge is with Denver but if the Oline can give Brady enough time we can definitely score on them. They can't double team Gronk and let everyone else go single covered. Then it's up Revis and Browning to earn their pay.

I want to see this look ALL DAY!!!

th

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My question is why can't we let everybody else be single covered? Talib vs. LaFell seems like it favors the Broncos in 1-on-1 coverage. He showed plenty last year when healthy he is one of the best in single coverage in the NFL. Edelman vs. Harris...Right now Harris has allowed just a 40 quarterback rating when quarterbacks throw his way. He has also only given up 140 yards total for the season so on average just 20 yards per game against him. So on the outside I'm seeing the Broncos doing just fine going into single coverage. Most likely the Broncos only bring 4 after Brady as they have done that most of the year and found great success so that means they have 5 guys to try and cover Gronk, Wright, and Vereen. So really they could double two of those guys. My guess is the Broncos will play a ton of single high safety with Moore playing deep to help out well really everybody so even Talib and Harris will have some help.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevathon Ill give you as a guy injured that is a huge loss and a starter but Montee Ball just because he was the starting RB doesnt mean he should have been. Sorry to disagree but Ball right now is no big loss. Hillman and Thompson are doing very well and hopefully they keep it going. Ball may be eventually needed but now no big loss.

Now I will agree Hillman and Thompson have been doing a great job. Ball was struggling some but you do realize that our coaches finally did change up how we run the ball once Hillman and Thompson became the focal point right? The coaches finally figured out that Julius Thomas cannot block. They had been running the ball his way a majority of the time to start the season but the coaches figured out Thomas whiffed more times than he actually did anything good. This lead to Ball getting hit in the backfield quite a bit. Watch in this next game of how they run almost every play the opposite direction of him. It also is not a coincidence that the run game improved when Clark was benched. See the coaches thankfully are a little more diligent than you in realizing Ball was not the sole reason our run game was struggling. Yes Ball needed to hit the hole a little quicker and wasn't always reading the play right but I think a lot of that had more to do with him missing the entire preseason than anything else. This is why when Ball does get healthy there is a good chance he will still get carries. Hillman has earned the right to keep the starting gig for right now but don't be surprised if Ball takes over the #2 back position very quickly once he gets healthy.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is why can't we let everybody else be single covered? Talib vs. LaFell seems like it favors the Broncos in 1-on-1 coverage. He showed plenty last year when healthy he is one of the best in single coverage in the NFL. Edelman vs. Harris...Right now Harris has allowed just a 40 quarterback rating when quarterbacks throw his way. He has also only given up 140 yards total for the season so on average just 20 yards per game against him. So on the outside I'm seeing the Broncos doing just fine going into single coverage. Most likely the Broncos only bring 4 after Brady as they have done that most of the year and found great success so that means they have 5 guys to try and cover Gronk, Wright, and Vereen. So really they could double two of those guys. My guess is the Broncos will play a ton of single high safety with Moore playing deep to help out well really everybody so even Talib and Harris will have some help.

watch out for Amendola. :L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol,...we ''occasionally'' let him out of the I-V/tummy-ache/unit......and play.

Well that is nice of you guys. Only seems right with all those millions you are paying him to sit in the training room.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last team with the ball wins.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's certainly likely they'll do something like that. If they double Gronk well it will be up to the rest of the offense to pick up the slack. No question.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love having reasonable conversations with other teams fans. No name calling, no slurs, just really good, well thought responses.....Thanks guys....

Now, In my opinion ( I know, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and most of them stink)

This is the 16th meeting of Peyton Manning and the Patriots, my guess is that the Broncos have meet the Pats a few more times.....Both teams know that they rely on the Quarterback for everything offensive. Without either the networks would have the fourth TV teams covering the games. If both QBs have great games, it will be the last team with the ball trying to get into field goal position.

The defenses will determine how this game is played. Both will attempt to take the other team's quarterback out of his comfort zone. The successful defense will force the other team's QB to move out of the pocket and throw on the run, Brady nor Manning are mobile and neither throw well running.

I can't say for sure what the Broncos will do, but I think the Patriots will play 75% of their defensive plays with 7 defensive backs. I also believe that one will be a blitzer on most plays. I don't think that Denver will come in like last year and attempt to run the ball 55 times. The Patriots are #1 in the NFL against the pass and that's in part to smacking the shit out of receivers before they get 5 yards from the line of scrimmage. It takes the receivers immediately off their stride and thay have to alter their pass routes. It's totally legal and with Browner finally getting in stride, it becoming more effective. They had the former head ref on after the game against the Bears and he said as long as they hit them prior to 5 yards, there's no violation. Brandon Marshall spent half of the game screaming at the sideline official who just kept shrugging his shoulders.

The Patriots weakness is run defense and the Broncos will not want to spend the evening trying to beat the Patriots running the ball and trying to run out the clock. Their present running attack isn't designed to do that.

I believe that this game will be a nail biter and a late INT will turn the tide one way or the other.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Broncos!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love having reasonable conversations with other teams fans. No name calling, no slurs, just really good, well thought responses.....Thanks guys....

Now, In my opinion ( I know, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and most of them stink)

This is the 16th meeting of Peyton Manning and the Patriots, my guess is that the Broncos have meet the Pats a few more times.....Both teams know that they rely on the Quarterback for everything offensive. Without either the networks would have the fourth TV teams covering the games. If both QBs have great games, it will be the last team with the ball trying to get into field goal position.

The defenses will determine how this game is played. Both will attempt to take the other team's quarterback out of his comfort zone. The successful defense will force the other team's QB to move out of the pocket and throw on the run, Brady nor Manning are mobile and neither throw well running.

I can't say for sure what the Broncos will do, but I think the Patriots will play 75% of their defensive plays with 7 defensive backs. I also believe that one will be a blitzer on most plays. I don't think that Denver will come in like last year and attempt to run the ball 55 times. The Patriots are #1 in the NFL against the pass and that's in part to smacking the shit out of receivers before they get 5 yards from the line of scrimmage. It takes the receivers immediately off their stride and thay have to alter their pass routes. It's totally legal and with Browner finally getting in stride, it becoming more effective. They had the former head ref on after the game against the Bears and he said as long as they hit them prior to 5 yards, there's no violation. Brandon Marshall spent half of the game screaming at the sideline official who just kept shrugging his shoulders.

The Patriots weakness is run defense and the Broncos will not want to spend the evening trying to beat the Patriots running the ball and trying to run out the clock. Their present running attack isn't designed to do that.

I believe that this game will be a nail biter and a late INT will turn the tide one way or the other.

The Broncos admitted last year that running the ball that much hurt them in the long run as Manning was struggling to get into a rhythm then at the end of the game. So yeah I doubt you see us run that much even if NE gives us the run on every play like they did last year. I do think we run it a bit more in this one though as being on the road it does help to really establish the run game and try to force the other team to respect it a little. Plus works to help take the crowd out of it a bit and keeps the quarterback a little more upright with teams having to crash down on the run game. Hillman has looked good for the Broncos of late so I do expect him to have a really big game in this one, but again the Broncos will work to establish the pass as well.

For the pass game the Broncos will probably use a lot of motion and stacked receivers to try and get guys off the line cleanly. The OL though is going to have to play well in this one to make sure the receivers and Manning have enough time for plays to develop. How has the pass rush been without Chandler Jones in the lineup? He gave this team fits last year without Clady blocking him and was a big reason our pass game failed so miserably last year.